7 Herbal Remedies for Mild Muscle Tear
Muscle tear, which is perceived as a health problem that only affects athletes, occurs when the muscles are forced more than necessary. It is generally known as athlete’s disease because it is more common in people who play sports. However, this problem may occur due to many factors that cause the muscles to stretch more than normal, such as accidents, heavy lifting, falling, and sudden movements.
If the pain and limitation of movement are not very severe, muscle tears can often be neglected by people. However, although this discomfort may seem simple, if left untreated, it can cause loss of strength and limitation of movement in the joint. If you are experiencing one or more of the symptoms of muscle rupture, we recommend that you consult a specialist doctor and strictly follow the planned treatment.
You can support the treatment recommended by the doctor with herbal treatments that you will apply at home. Thus, the muscle tear recovery process accelerates, and you can regain your old strength and mobility in a much shorter time.
What is Muscle Tear?
- Muscle tear is the name given to the tears that occur in the muscles as a result of sudden and heavy movements.
- It is also known by the names of muscle pulling and fiber rupture among the people.
- Sudden contraction of the muscles and severe strain are two important factors that cause muscle rupture.
- Also, accidents can cause muscle tears.
- In some cases, blood vessels may be damaged while muscle injuries occur.
- Muscle tearing is more common in people who are actively involved in sports. The most important reason behind this situation is shown as the person’s initiation of sports activities without warming up.
- Therefore, do not forget to do warm-up exercises for a few minutes before starting sports movements.
Muscle tears; It is classified into three different levels: first degree, second degree, and third degree:
- 1. Grade: It refers to mild severe muscle tears. In this group of patients, muscles and fibers continue to perform their duties. Pain in the injured area is almost non-existent.
- Grade 2: Muscle tear is more severe than the first degree. Pain is palpable. In addition, bruising and swelling may occur in the area of the muscle tear.
- 3rd Degree: It means that the muscles and fibers are completely torn. In patients at this level, muscles and fibers cannot fulfill their duties. The patient feels severe pain. There is also bruising and swelling in the area of the muscle tear.
1st Degree (Mild) Muscle Tear Treatment: 7 Herbal Remedies
1) Juniper Oil
- Muscle rupture is an issue brought up by İbrahim Saracoğlu as well.
- Therefore, at the top of our list, Prof. Dr. We wanted to include İbrahim Saraçoğlu’s suggestion.
- Saraçoğlu recommends the use of genuine juniper oil against muscle tearing.
- She says that gentle massage with this oil relieves pain and reduces swelling.
2) Sawtooth Lion Claw
- We are here with another Saraçoğlu recommendation!
- The saw-toothed lion’s claw plant, which heals many ailments, is also very effective against muscle tears.
- It strengthens the muscles and prevents muscle wasting.
- It also stops bleeding.
- prof. Dr. İbrahim Saraçoğlu recommends the sawtooth lion’s claw cure as a herbal treatment for muscle rupture.
So how is this cure prepared? Let’s take a look at the schedule together:
- First, boil a glass of drinking water.
- Do not turn off the stove. Put a teaspoon of sawtooth lion’s claw grass and another teaspoon of shepherd’s purse grass in the boiling water.
- Steep the herbs on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove at the end of the time.
- After the water is warm, you can consume your herbal tea.
- Saraçoğlu recommends applying this cure 2 hours after dinner for 30 days.
- He advises that the curd should always be prepared fresh and not have sugar or sweeteners added to it.
3) Melissa Herb
- This herb is also known as lemon balm among people.
- Known for its relaxing effect, this herb relaxes the muscles and relieves pain thanks to this feature.
- You can eliminate the symptoms of muscle tear by drinking 1-2 cups of lemon balm tea a day.
- To prepare lemon balm tea; After crushing 6-7 branches of dried lemon balm leaves in your hand, brew them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- When the brewing time is up, your lemon balm tea will be ready.
4) Blackhead Grass
- This herb, also known as false lavender grass, is a natural pain reliever.
- If you have a muscle tear problem, you can drink a cup of black tea before going to bed at night to relieve the pain.
- To prepare black herb tea; Crush 6-7 branches of dried black pepper by hand. Add a glass of hot water to it and let it brew for 8-10 minutes.
- When the brewing period is over, you can consume your tea for healing purposes.
- We recommend that you continue this cycle regularly for 15 days.
5) Ice Treatment
- One of the effective herbal solutions against muscle tears is ice therapy.
- The aim of this treatment option is to remove the bleeding caused by tearing from the area.
- To apply this method, simply wrap a piece of ice in a cheesecloth or towel and apply it to the area where you feel the muscle torn.
- If there is no severe tearing, ice therapy will start to show its effect within 72 hours at the latest.
- You can apply this treatment 3 times a day, not exceeding 20 minutes each.
6) Lavender Oil
- Lavender oil is a natural muscle relaxant.
- It helps to relax muscles and relieve pain.
- In order to benefit from this effect of lavender oil, we recommend that you take a warm shower first. Then apply lavender oil by gently massaging the aching area. That is all.
7) Chamomile Tea
- Chamomile is one of the plants known for its calming effect, such as lemon balm.
- A glass of chamomile tea that you drink during the day relaxes the muscles and reduces the cramps and pain caused by muscle tears.
- It helps you relax better by giving calmness to both body and mind.
Muscle Tear Symptoms, How to Tell?
Symptoms of muscle tearing can be summarized as follows:
- Pain in the area of the injury (this pain varies according to the extent of the injury)
- Swelling, bruising and cramps in the injured area
- difficulty moving
- In some cases, heavy bleeding can be observed.
- Disorders in muscle and fiber integrity
- The doctor first listens to the patient’s history for a definitive diagnosis. He then manually examines the injured area.
- After the examination, the physician may request different tests such as X-rays and MRIs.
- A definitive diagnosis is made after these examinations. In addition, the degree of muscle rupture is determined.
- Afterward, the necessary treatment is planned by the physician.
We can guess that the question “how many days does the muscle tear pass” keeps wandering in the minds of people who have this problem. Unfortunately, there is no clear answer to this. Because the recovery time differs according to the degree of muscle tear. Small muscle fiber tears heal within 2-3 weeks. In more severe ruptures, this period may be extended up to 6 weeks.
What Happens If Muscle Tear Is Untreated?
- Muscle tear is a treatable problem.
- Unfortunately, many people underestimate this problem because it is not vital.
- If the muscle tear is not treated, the tear may enlarge, causing loss of strength and limitation of motion in the involved joint.