12 Benefits of Spirulina You Didn’t Know About
Spirulina is a type of seaweed that grows in both salt and fresh water. They are called blue-green algae. It is a member of the family of unicellular microorganisms. It has a mild flavor and intense green-blue color. It is easy to digest. This type of algae is considered one of the richest food sources in the world. It is very easy to cultivate.
It thrives in alkaline lakes with high PH levels and outdoor ponds under certain conditions. The climates of India, the United States, Greece, Spain and Japan are suitable for the production of spirulina.
The passage of this algae species, whose name we hear a lot today, dates back to ancient times. It is considered among the medicinal plants by scientific circles. The fact that the amount of nutrients in its content is very rich increases its consumption and production day by day. The most important reason why spirulina has so many benefits is that it can be absorbed up to 90% in the body.
However, you should consult your doctor before using this supplement to understand whether spirulina supplement is suitable for you and if you are taking medication, to find out whether it poses a risk when used with your medications.
So, what is spirulina good for and what are its benefits?
Spirulina Benefits: 12 Features You Never Knew
Spirulina, which draws attention with its strong content and intense flavor, is a plant with a lot of benefits. We have compiled 12 benefits of spirulina for you.
1) It Can Be Used To Treat Diseases
- He knows that spirulina is used as a support in the treatment of various ailments.
- Diseases where spirulina is used as a supportive treatment include: ulcer, blood pressure, osteoporosis, cholesterol, skin beauty, anemia, diabetes, gastritis, weight problem and digestion.
2) It Is A Powerful Antioxidant
- Among the benefits of Spirulina, its antioxidant property draws attention.
- Spirulina is a powerful antioxidant source against damage thanks to its active ingredients.
- It helps fight free radicals.
3) Balances Blood Sugar
- One of the remarkable benefits of Spirulina is that it helps to balance blood sugar.
- In addition, the chlorophyll in spirulina helps to clear toxic substances from the blood.
4) Increases Muscle Strength
- Spirulina’s antioxidant property helps to minimize muscle fatigue and damage caused by exercise.
- Studies have shown that spirulina increases endurance and prolongs fatigue time.
5) It is antiallergic
- Spirulina greatly reduces symptoms such as sneezing, itching, runny nose and nasal congestion in people with allergic rhinitis.
- It also strengthens the immune system as it eliminates the nutrient deficiency in the body.
6) Lowers Blood Pressure
- The main risk factor for many diseases such as heart attack, chronic kidney disease and stroke is blood pressure.
- Spirulina can lower blood pressure. In this way, it reduces the risk of these and similar ailments.
7) Helps Weight Loss
- Among the benefits of Spirulina algae, there are a number of features that those who want to lose weight will like very much.
- Spirulina is a low-calorie and highly nutritious food.
- It accelerates metabolism. This increases the amount of calories burned. You can speed up your weight loss by adding this food to your diet.
8) Strengthens the Immune System
- Spirulina supports the digestive system and strengthens the immune system.
- It is beneficial for the intestines and accelerates the work of the intestines.
- In some studies, it has been found that spirulina helps maintain healthy bacteria in the intestines.
9) Good for Skin and Hair
- Spirulina is very beneficial for the skin. It is perfect for skin beauty.
- It especially helps to remove acne and pimples.
- Spirulina also has benefits for hair. It is known to be good for hair loss.
10) Protects the Body from Stress
- The benefits of Spirulina were also mentioned by İbrahim Saracoğlu.
- Spirulina helps to clean and protect the body against external factors that negatively affect the human body such as smoking, stress, air pollution and alcohol.
11) Increases Body Resistance
- Spirulina is known to nourish the body very well.
- This increases the energy level in the body and increases body resistance.
- Calcium and iron in its content support muscle, blood and bone tissue.
- It is a rich source of vitamin B12.
12) Perfect Against Bad Smell
- Spirulina powder benefits include preventing bad odors.
- It is claimed that if spirulina is used regularly, it removes bad odors in the body and mouth.
You should remember that spirulina is not a drug used directly for the treatment of a disease. If you have any ailments, you should consult your doctor before using this supplement.