7 Benefits of Drinking Honey and Lemon Water Every Day
Some routines both increase your quality of life and give you a fresh start to the day. Drinking honey and lemon water every day is one of them. A glass of lemon-honey water you drink about 20 minutes before breakfast helps your body functions to work more smoothly, even if you don’t realize it. Moreover, it is very easy to prepare.
In this article, we have sought an answer to the question of what are the benefits of drinking honey and lemon water for you. Here are 7 great reasons why you can get into the habit of drinking honey and lemon water right away!
7 Benefits of Drinking Honey Lemon Water
1) Strengthens the Immune System
- Honey and lemon water strengthens the body’s defense mechanism with the vitamins, minerals and amino acids it contains.
- Honey and lemon are foods that contain high levels of antioxidants. In this way, it fights free radicals in the body.
- It ensures the removal of toxins from the body that open the door to diseases.
2) Keeps the Body Vigorous
- Drinking hot water with honey and lemon regularly keeps the body fit and vigorous.
- If it is difficult to wake up in the morning and it takes a long time to come to your senses after waking up, you should start drinking honey and lemon water without wasting any time. Tell us!
3) Activates the Digestive System
- Starting the day with a glass of warm, honey-lemon water helps the digestive system work more regularly.
- Especially if you have constipation problem, you can solve this problem by getting the habit of drinking honey and lemon water in the morning.
- Honey, which is a natural antibiotic with its anti-inflammatory properties, eliminates the factors that predispose to stomach and intestinal infections thanks to its components.
- It also has a diuretic effect.
4) It Detoxes
- Drinking water with honey and lemon regularly has a detox effect and helps to remove toxins from the body.
- It helps to improve liver functions.
- In this way, the body’s defense mechanism, namely the immune system, is strengthened. The person begins to cope with diseases more easily.
5) Good for Cough
- The question of whether lemon water with honey is good for cough is often asked. This wonderful drink is actually good not only for cough, but also for complaints such as asthma and dry throat.
- Honey and lemon water is a suitable and harmless drink for the flu process. When a small amount of black pepper is added to it, it is almost a medicine against winter diseases.
- Relieves sore throat.
- Eliminates the complaint of bad breath.
6) Beautifies the skin
- Lemon, which contains high levels of vitamin C, is a food with unique benefits for the skin. You can benefit from all the positive properties of lemon and honey by drinking lemon water with honey regularly.
- Thanks to the antibacterial properties of honey and lemon, they support the production of collagen. In this way, the skin gains a younger and brighter appearance.
7) Protects Heart Health
- Both lemon and honey are potassium-rich foods.
- Potassium stabilizes blood pressure level, which is one of the main causes of heart attack.
- From this point of view, it is possible to say that regular consumption of honey and lemon water protects heart health.
Does Honey Lemon Water Lose Weight?
- Water with honey and lemon, which accelerates metabolism, is also effective against constipation.
- It is intestinal friendly, helps the digestive system to work regularly.
- Honey is an alternative to sugar. It suppresses sweet cravings.
- It does not take extra calories while giving energy to the body. It helps to remove toxins from the body.
- Thanks to these features, it is a favorite element of diet lists.
- Especially if it is drunk before going to bed at night, it helps the metabolism to work faster.
- If you wish, you can also add a pinch of cinnamon to the honey-lemon water. It totally depends on your taste.
- Cinnamon increases the metabolic rate by increasing the effect of honey and lemon. This makes it easier to lose weight.
- Water with honey and lemon is also recommended by Ender Saraç to help with weight loss.
Honey Lemon Water Harms and Side Effects
- A drink that draws attention with its honey lemon hot water benefits. However, as with any beverage and food, it is beneficial to consume carefully.
- Honey is a food with a high allergen level. If you are allergic to honey, you should definitely stay away from honey and lemon water.
- Honey is also not recommended for diabetics and children under one year old.
- Also, honey should not be added to boiling water. Otherwise, it creates a carcinogenic effect. Therefore, it should be added to warm water.
- Experts warn that lemon water with honey cannot replace breakfast or meals. If you drink honey and lemon water in the morning, you can have your breakfast after 20 minutes.
- Instead of honey with high sugar content, organic or no added sugar should be preferred.
Preparation of Honey Lemon Water: How Is It Made?
- Preparing honey and lemon water is much easier than you think!
- Boil 1 glass of drinking water. Then let it cool.
- When the temperature reaches the desired level, squeeze the juice of half a lemon into it and add a teaspoon of honey. Mix it well. That is all!
- You can enjoy your honey and lemon water.