Riviera Olive Oil: Harmful or Healthy?
Olive oil produced from olives, which is one of the sine qua non of our breakfasts from the past to the present with its many benefits, is also frequently used in our kitchen. Since olive oil is considered quite healthy according to the opinions of many experts in terms of its content, it can be easily used in meals and salads.
Olive oil, which is a type of oil that we use a lot, is now produced in different types with the use of technological developments in factories. The reason for this is both to reduce the cost and to offer a variety of oil to the user with different acidic ratios. Riviera olive oil is one of these varieties.
If we ask what Riviera means, this word also means the sea coast of the Mediterranean, but it is also the name of one of the processed olive oil types. Among the other main varieties, we can count natural, extra virgin and flavored olive oils.
What is Riviera Olive Oil?
- Riviera olive oil is not considered suitable for direct consumption; because acidic olive oil turns into plain oil after undergoing a high degree of heat and chemical cleaning.
- This refined type is usually obtained by mixing extra virgin olive oil and refined olive oil.
- As some oil used during Riviera production goes through stages, some vitamin and mineral values decrease.
- So it is mixed with natural oil. Thus, it is supported to regain lost values.
Is Riviera Olive Oil Harmful or Healthy?
- While there are some opinions that Riviera olive oil is harmful, there are also experts who say the opposite.
- Those who say that the riviera is harmful usually underline that it can lose its naturalness due to the processes they see and may have carcinogenic properties.
- There are also expert statements that palm oil is similar to its harms.
- Opponents, on the other hand, do not find the explanations about the harmful trans fat content of the riviera, like other processed oils, correct. It is said that this amount may be so small that it cannot even be compared with the others.
- It is also claimed that any oil produced from the olive tree cannot have harmful content.
- It is also mentioned that the already processed oil only provides convenience in terms of production, since there is also natural oil in the Riviera.
Where is Riviera Olive Oil Used?
- Riviera olive oil has a light aroma after the processes it goes through. Therefore, it is not very suitable for raw foods such as salads, where we want the olive oil flavor to dominate; but if you want to make a light salad, you can choose it.
- The riviera is also used to make light meals. Riviera is preferred especially for daily hot meals, not for cold olive oil meals.
- Riviera is a suitable choice for frying that requires a large amount of oil, both in terms of using the budget well and in terms of not being too heavy for oily foods.
What is the Difference of Riviera Olive Oil from Others?
- In the answer to the question of how to make Riviera olive oil, we can understand the difference between riviera and extra virgin, since it is necessary to look at the production stages.
- It is collected from olives by shaking the branches for extra virgin olive oil. For the Riviera, pickled olives that have fallen from the branch are used.
- For extra virgin olive oil, olives undergo some processes such as crushing and crushing. Riviera, on the other hand, is obtained by heating refined olive oil, cleaning it with chemical processes and mixing it with natural oil.
- In terms of taste, extra virgin olive oil is more aromatic, while riviera has a mild flavor.
- While the acid ratio of rivera is 3.3% on average, this ratio is 0.8% on average in extra virgin olive oil.
- Natural olive oils, on the other hand, are the types of oils that do not undergo any processing and are generally the highest in price.
- It is the type of oil that most experts say should actually be the most preferred. However, since it is high in price and first quality, it is difficult to use for every meal.
- The acid ratio of olive oils, which are described as first natural, is less than 2%.