What is Sake Maki? How is it done?
Popular ingredients in Japan’s cuisine include salmon and tuna. Fish caught early in the morning for visiting guests are prepared for the sushi counter. These days, sushi has become popular all over the world, beyond Japan. Sushi is now sold even on supermarket shelves.
There are many types of sushi and sake maki sushi is one of them. This sushi is prepared with local rice and fresh seafood. We also researched what is sake maki roll and what materials should be used during its production. Here are the details you need to know about sake maki sushi …
What is Sake Maki?
- Sake Maki is a type of sushi made from salmon and rice.
- Maki is one of the types of sushi and is wrapped in bamboo mats.
- In fact, the ring-shaped sushi that we generalize as sushi is called ‘maki sushi’.
- Maki is divided into types according to its material and wrapping style. Sake maki, on the other hand, is rolled up and is the most preferred type of sushi.
- Seaweed is also used in the sake maki sushi variety, and the seaweed is on the outside. Dried seaweed is used in its production.
How to Make Sake Maki
We are here with a very practical recipe and a list of sake maki ingredients so that you can make the taste of sake maki sushi at home. Here is the step-by-step preparation of the sake maki flavor:
Sake Maki Contents
- 500 grams of rice
- 20 grams of salt
- Salmon and tuna
- 1 avocado or cucumber
- 90 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of vinegar
- 1 makisu (Sushi wrapping apparatus)
- 1 moss leaf
- At first, soak the rice in water for about 2 hours. After soaking, drain the rice.
- Pour rice into 600 ml of water. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat and 15 minutes on low heat.
- Heat the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a saucepan until dissolved.
- Pour the vinegar mixture you prepared into the rice you have rested for 10 minutes.
- Cut the salmon and tuna into thin slices with a sharp knife. Cut the moss leaves in half.
- After it has cooled, spread 100 grams of rice on seaweed leaves and wrap it in the form of a roll. You can use bamboo sheet for wrapping.
- Place tuna or salmon slices on it. Optionally, you can add cucumber or avocado inside.
- Then you can serve it with wasabi.
How Many Calories in Sake Maki?
Sake maki sushi is a food that can be added to the diet list in terms of nutritional values. However, it is still useful to consult your doctor. In addition, you need to consume by calculating according to the weight ratio. The nutritional values and calorie rates of the sake maki sushi flavor are as follows:
Nutritional Values and Calorie Rate (per 100 grams)
- 8 grams of carbohydrates
- Fiber content 1 gram
- Protein 5 grams
- Fat 7 grams
- Vitamin C 5mg
- Sodium 379 grams
- Fat 7 grams
- Calories 99 kcal
- Calcium 36mg
- Iron 1mg
Note: Percentages are based on an adult diet of 2075 calories. These values can be more or less according to the daily calorie requirement.
Culinary Terms for Sushi Enthusiasts
- Nori means seaweed.
- Ebi: Pre-cooked butterfly shrimps.
- Sake: Salmon.
- Kani: Crab.
- Gari: Pickled ginger made with sugar and vinegar.
- Wasabi: A hot sauce made from the root of a plant.
- Sashimi: Salmon and tuna served in thin slices without rice.
- Tempura: Shrimp that has been battered and fried.
- Nigiri: It is a type of sushi that is given a rectangular shape with a mold or by hand and then served with ingredients such as salmon and shrimp.
- Inside – out maki: It is the name given to the rolls in which the seaweed is inside and the rice is outside.
- Temaki: It is sushi made by putting the desired ingredients into the cone-shaped nori.