4 Herbal Remedies for Stomach Flu
- Stomach flu, called viral gastroenteritis in medical language, is a viral illness. The patient can get it from another person, or it can be transmitted by consuming foods with the virus or using things. It is known that shellfish and undercooked oysters can cause stomach chills.
- It is a disease that people with a strong immune system and who do not have the risk of triggering a different disease can overcome it in a few days.
- There is no age group that is particularly affected by stomach flu, people of all ages can experience stomach flu.
- Studies show that the transmission rates of the stomach flu virus are higher, especially in the winter months.
- It is necessary to pay attention to hygiene rules in order to be protected from stomach flu. Especially before and after the toilet and before and after meals are the times when it is absolutely necessary to wash hands.
What Is Good For Stomach Flu? 4 Herbal Treatments at Home
There is no single answer to the questions of how stomach flu is transmitted and what is its treatment. The signs and symptoms of the ailment can be relieved at home with something good for stomach flu. In this section of our article, you can find herbal treatment methods for stomach flu. Have you been thinking about what is good for stomach flu? Practical advice that can help you get better is right below!
1) Mint Lemon Tea
- 1 glass of fresh water
- 1 teaspoon dried mint (fresh mint is also available if it’s in season)
- 1-2 slices of lemon
- Throw the mint and lemons into the water.
- Boil the mixture on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Let it brew for 2-3 minutes.
- You can sip your warm, healing tea by straining it.
2) Mixture of Honey, Ginger, Cinnamon and Lemon
- Prepare the mixture by proportioning 1 teaspoon of honey to ½ teaspoon of ginger, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and a few drops of lemon.
- Mix well so that all the ingredients are incorporated.
- You can eat 1 teaspoon of the mixture, which has a paste-like consistency, morning and evening.
3) Flaxseed Yogurt Cure
- 1 bowl of yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseed
- Mix yogurt and flaxseed.
- Take care that the yogurt is not too cold so that it does not strain your stomach.
- Be careful about the amount, as consuming flaxseed in excess can trigger diarrhea.
4) Clove Tea
- 2 buds of cloves
- 1 glass of water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- a little honey upon request
- Boil the water and after it boils, lower the heat and throw the cloves into it.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the clove water and add some honey to your liking.
- Let the mixture steep for 5 minutes.
- You can relax your stomach by consuming your hot tea with pleasure.
What Are the Symptoms of Stomach Flu?
- People with stomach flu usually have the following symptoms:
- watery diarrhea
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Pain in some people
The severity and duration of symptoms can vary from person to person. In general, the disease is overcome in a few days, but in some cases, the duration of the disease can be prolonged up to 10 days. The answer to the question of what is good for stomach flu will be rest and healthy nutrition for adults and adults with high body resistance.
In adults, if there are conditions such as vomiting that lasts more than two days, blood when vomiting, blood in the stool, excessive dryness of the mouth, weakness at the level of fainting, very dark yellow urine, fever over 40, it is absolutely necessary to go to the hospital.
Children, the elderly, and people with chronic conditions should consult a doctor immediately if symptoms are severe. If there are severe symptoms such as fever above 39°C, bloody diarrhea, especially in children, it would be good to go to the hospital quickly.