10 Common Symptoms of Fish Poisoning, 5 Natural Home Remedies
Fish is one of the foods that should be consumed at least twice a week. In order for the body functions to work in the healthiest way, omega 3 fatty acids must be met from fish. In addition, fish is among the foods that contain phosphorus and that the body needs. When consuming fish, you should choose fish according to the season. You should also make sure that the fish you buy is fresh and clean. Consumption of fresh and unhygienic fish causes food poisoning. Not eating some foods at the same time while consuming fish is one of the issues emphasized. The said fish poisoning is; How about keeping a lens on what causes fish poisoning and its symptoms?
If fish is frequently included in your diet, you can act more consciously when you read this information prepared for you. Fish, which draws attention with its benefits, can sometimes threaten your health. So, in which situations is fish dangerous for a person? Are fish poisonous? Let’s decipher the codes of a healthy life!
Fish Poisoning Symptoms – How to Tell?
You may have been poisoned by the fish you ate during the day. If you ate an unfamiliar fish, the symptoms of fish poisoning on our list should be reviewed. When one or more of the symptoms are felt at the same time, you should go to the doctor.
1) Abdominal pain after fish consumption
2) Nausea and vomiting followed by abdominal pain
3) a sudden fire
4) stomach cramp
6) Dizziness and weakness
7) Itching and rash on the skin
8) Numbness around the mouth and fingers
9) Burning sensation when skin touches cold water
10) In severe fish poisoning, a state of shock is observed.
How Long Does Fish Milk Poisoning Occur?
When fish and milk are consumed at the same time, poisoning is observed. There is something to know. Fish that are not cooked under suitable conditions cause poisoning with milk consumption. Bacteria can easily grow in seafood. It is therefore recommended that the fish be fresh and well cooked. Based on the poisonings experienced, the information expressed by the experts is as follows:
- Fish that are not stored under appropriate conditions cause poisoning.
- Uncooked fish, together with milk, can poison the person.
- If toxic chemicals are looking for a place in the fish prepared for consumption, then the milk or yogurt taken will create a place for poisoning.
- Fish milk poisoning can be observed after a meal, as well as a few hours later, it can disturb the person.
- If poisoning is experienced due to stale fish, symptoms may appear after 2 hours.
What is Good for Fish Poisoning? 5 Home Treatment Methods
When you are faced with a fish poisoning case, keep in mind our information to help you. The treatment methods mentioned in the list are life-saving!
1) Try to vomit
- The most natural and simple method to get rid of fish poisoning as soon as possible is to vomit.
- If you vomit, you will prevent the toxic substances from spreading further into the body. After vomiting, you should drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
2) Drink Lots of Water
- If you have been poisoned by a fish you ate unknowingly, you need to get rid of the effect of the fish as soon as possible.
- In this case, drink plenty of water and try to remove harmful substances from your body through stool.
- Increase your water consumption as soon as you realize the poisoning. When you go to the doctor, your doctor will also recommend that you drink plenty of water.
3) Eat Light Foods
- After fish poisoning, you should definitely go to the doctor. It is recommended that you eat light foods for a few days to get rid of the effects of this situation when the necessary treatment is done at the doctor. Foods that are good for fish poisoning can be apples, bananas, lemons and boiled vegetables.
- It is recommended to relax your stomach, which is tired due to poisoning, with soup and watery foods. You can spend a few days with low-fat and low-salt foods and regain your old health. You can choose to eat vegetables by boiling or baking them.
4) For Lemon Water
- Lemon is a food that regulates stomach acids. After fish poisoning, you can clean your stomach by drinking lemon water.
- Of course, these methods should be your first aid. Then you should not neglect to see a doctor without wasting time.
5) Consume Bananas
- One of the symptoms of fish poisoning is diarrhea and abdominal pain. Banana will be our answer to your question of what to eat in fish poisoning.
- You can eat one banana to end this side effect. Banana has the feature of stopping stomachache and diarrhea.
What Causes Fish Poisoning?
Why is the fish, whose benefits are always described, threatening human health? You may have wondered why fish poisoning occurs. Stale fish is the simplest cause of poisoning. Let’s explain this dangerous situation in detail:
- Some fish contain an amino acid called histidine. In some cases, this amino acid becomes poisonous to humans.
- If the fish prepared for food is not killed in a short time, the histidine substance takes the form of histamine and histamine is a dangerous substance. If you like fishing, pay attention to this item! As soon as histamine enters the body, the poisoning begins. If not noticed, it creates serious problems.
- Another situation that causes fish poisoning is; Consumption of fish containing bacteria and microbes.
- Not only the fish contain bacteria, but also the unhygienic kitchen materials used while preparing the fish are also the cause of poisoning.
- Fish prepared for cooking without being well cooled also cause fish poisoning.
- Fish living in polluted waters may contain mercury or mud in their structure. Since this kind of fish is not suitable for consumption, it can cause poisoning.
- In fish that do not live in suitable conditions, histamine occurs and when consumed with yogurt, the effect of histamine becomes even more intense. For this reason, many people are of the opinion that fish and yogurt should not be consumed at the same time.
- In addition, it is recommended to consume fish such as bonito, anchovy, mackerel, scallops, salmon, tuna, toric and garfish fresh and in season. Otherwise, it causes poisoning by causing the histamine substance to spread in the body.
Some fish species pose a direct risk of poisoning when consumed. You should definitely not consume the fish mentioned in the list. These fish species are:
- foil fish
- Thracian fish
- Chuchuna fish
- samurai fish
Does Fish Yogurt Poisoning Kill?
Fish poisoning is also caused by fish dishes consumed with milk and dairy products. In this type of poisoning, it is not the milk or yogurt that causes poisoning, but the structure of the fish. As a result of the researches in the field of nutrition, it is stated that the consumption of yogurt with fresh fish is not harmful in terms of health.
- When fish and yogurt poisoning is noticed too late, it seriously affects health.
- Generally, in food poisoning, yogurt is given to the person to clean the stomach, but yogurt should definitely not be given in fish poisoning. Yogurt has the effect of increasing the poisoning rate against poisoning caused by seafood.
- If you have also consumed milk or dairy products in the fish menu, you should see a doctor before it is too late.
- To summarize, the risk of poisoning is very low when fish and yogurt are consumed fresh. It does not cause vital losses.
Do not forget to take precautions against fish poisoning!
- You can buy fish that do not smell and look lively.
- You can choose fish with taut skin and tail.
- You can shop from fishermen you trust and sell fish in clean conditions.
- While preparing the fish, you can take care that the items to be used are clean.