What Are the Benefits of Apricot?
Interesting Facts About Apricots That Will Help You
Apricot, which stands out with its delicious taste, is a thornless and hairless fruit variety. The fruit, which almost heralds spring with its nice smell and soft consistency, is frequently consumed by both adults and children.
Apricot, which is among the summer fruits, is of great importance in terms of both nutrition and health. You can reach many subjects such as apricot properties and usage areas in the light of the information below.
What is Apricot?
- Since there are wild types of apricot with large-grained fruits, the question of what apricot means may be encountered in some societies.
- Apricot, whose botanical name is known as “rosaceae”, is a type of fruit from the rosaceae family.
- Medium sized apricot trees usually bloom white and pink flowers before fruiting.
- Apricot leaves are lanceolate, long and toothed. When the fruits begin to form, they first turn green.
- In this period, which is known as the ripening stage, the apricot cascade becomes hard.
- After ripening, all fruits turn yellow and orange. Pinkish colors can be seen from time to time in very ripe and soft colored fruits.
- Apricot is a very useful fruit that is used in many ways. It has a rich usage area from dessert to breakfast product.
- Thanks to the vitamins found in apricots, it has become a natural remedy for many people.
- It is a fruit that is not missing from the home of people who eat natural and organic food. Apricot, which is consumed fondly both in its fresh and dry form, has not been missing from the healthy diet lists from past to present.
What is Apricot Calorie and Nutritional Value?
- Apricots, which are offered for sale as dry and fresh, are very rich in nutritional values such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein and potassium.
- Therefore, people who want to lose weight are asked some questions such as whether apricot weakens or how many calories in 1 apricot.
- 100 grams of apricot contains approximately 48 kcal of energy and 9 grams of apricot sugar.
- 1 medium-sized apricot, ie 30 grams, contains 14.4 calories. In order to maintain your weight and keep it balanced, you can easily consume apricots by taking the doctor’s recommendation.
When you consume apricots while dieting;
- It provides weight control.
- It creates a feeling of fullness for a long time and helps to take less food consumed during the day.
- He’s very good at paying off. It relaxes the intestines.
- Before sports, it is a source of energy for fat burning.
- It prevents blood values from falling while losing weight.
Apricot Kernel and Apricot Kernel Oil
- Known for its aromatic taste, apricot is as healthy as its fruit and its seed.
- Some questions also come to the fore about the seed of the fruit that is freshly collected from its branch. The question of whether to eat apricot kernels is undoubtedly one of the most researched questions.
- Like the fruit of the apricot, its seeds are also suitable for consumption. Thanks to the apricot kernel, which is beneficial for health, a number of various oils are obtained.
- Apricot kernel oil is especially preferred by women as it is effective in acne and skin care.
What Are the Benefits of Apricot and Apricot Kernel Oil?
- When consumed regularly, it reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- It provides protection by preventing pollution caused by free radicals in the body.
- It protects the heart against various diseases.
- Thanks to its high iron content, it helps to prevent anemia.
- The smartest solution for constipation can be obtained thanks to apricot.
- It helps to clean the harmful substances accumulated in the blood.
- It balances the temperature of both mother and baby during pregnancy.
- It maintains the moisture balance of the skin.
- It prevents rising blood pressure.
- It provides body resistance against winter diseases.
- Apricot kernel oil provides improvement in cellulite areas with regular use.
In Which Regions Does Apricot Grow?
- Apricot, which is a slightly hairy type, is a fruit that grows in plenty of sun and light.
- The fruit cultivated on the southern slopes generally likes calcareous, humus and sandy soils.
- After the apricot seeds are planted in the soil, the soil should be prepared in the spring for the yield of the apricot tree and left to rest until autumn.
- In addition, there should be an average of 10 meters of space between the trees planted in rows.
- For those who want to produce, the question of where apricot grows is also very important.
- Apricot fruit is suitable for growing in almost many countries of the world. However, it has more growing areas in the Mediterranean part. Turkey ranks first in apricot cultivation with a rate of 15%.
- Malatya, Mersin, Hatay, Erzincan, Marmara and Aegean cities are the main production areas.
What are the Apricot Varieties?
There are a total of 6 types of apricots that differ according to criteria such as taste, place of production, seed and size.
- Şekerpare is the most commonly grown and most loved variety in Turkey. Apricots, which are tiny, should be stored in the refrigerator and consumed in a short time because of their soft consistency.
- Matador, which bears fruit in the early flood season, is among its other species. The fruit, which has a dwarf tree, is in great demand in exports thanks to its color beauty and aromatic taste.
- The seed of the Septic apricot, which has low endurance, is extremely sweet.
- Tirintina, which starts to produce crops at the age of 3-4, is not very sweet because of its low sugar content. However, thanks to its durable structure, it can be stored for a long time.
- Another type of apricot known for its durability is the Italian buckle. Both the fruit and the seed of the soft apricot are sweet.
- Karacabey apricot, which can be consumed until the end of the season, is known for its hard structure and tart taste.
What Are the Harms of Apricots?
- Apricots, which are consumed with pleasure in the summer months, are actually not harmful to health.
- However, it may cause some temporary health problems from time to time due to excessive consumption. Therefore, parents and pregnant women with small children often wonder whether apricot causes diarrhea or does apricot cause gas.
- When dried apricot is consumed with water, it can cause diarrhea by running the intestines.
- Excess consumption of breastfeeding mothers can cause gas problems. In addition, people with apricot allergy should not consume without the advice of a doctor.
How to Dry Apricots?
- The dried form of apricot, which can be consumed fresh, is also very healthy and nutritious.
- Drying this organic food, known as sun dried, is quite simple.
- First of all, the seeds of the washed and cleaned apricots are removed.
- Then it is left with the tray in a place that sees daylight.
- It can be covered with a thin cheesecloth so that air particles or flies do not land on the sun dry.
- You should also remember to turn them occasionally to dry them nicely on all sides. After it is completely dry, you can take it and put it in a glass jar and store it in your kitchen.
Apricot Time and Price
- You can find the sun-dried apricot, which is highly nutritious, in herbalists and nut shops every season.
- However, the most suitable period for apricots to be consumed fresh and naturally is the harvest period covering the months of May-August.
- The fruit, which takes its place in markets and greengrocers during the hot summer months, is usually offered for sale at attractive price ranges that appeal to your budget.
- The price of apricot kernels may differ depending on the place of sale, packaging and weight.
- Apricot, which can be juicy, hard and sweet according to its structure, can be consumed fresh or dry, as well as used in the care sector.
- Apricot oil made from the kernel is among the most frequently produced products. It is included in the raw material of many products in the cosmetics market.
- Apricot kernel oil and apricot soap are also known as other care products. Many products are also prepared from the apricot fruit in the food sector.
- Apricot tea, which is frequently consumed especially in winter months, is the main of these food products.
- It is obtained from the dried fruits and leaves of apricot. Apricot molasses with pure content is also indispensable for breakfast tables. With its ideal dark consistency and aromatic scent, it leaves a delicious taste on the palate.
- Apricot apple cider vinegar is an organic food product that is rarely produced and used in meals and salads.
- Apricot vinegar, which is known as a source of healing and has little sharpness, is also used as a tonic to moisturize the skin.
- If you want to make room for healing from apricots in your home; You can evaluate apricot kernel oil in skin care.
- You can buy apricot jam and dried apricots to prepare healthy tables. After the meal, you can brew apricot tea to relax your stomach.
- Apricot soap for body care will also be very useful for you. Any form of apricot will be good for you and your family. You can use this useful fruit in many areas of your home.