Benefits of Pomegranate Peel
The peels of the pomegranate, which is frequently consumed with its flavor and are beneficial for body health, are also very useful. The benefits of tea made from shells, which you can use in many places from skin masks to hair care, are also very beneficial. Pomegranate, which is said to be a panacea with both its fruit and peel, contains more components than its peel juice. Experts say that the ellagic acid in it helps to prevent and cure some diseases. The benefits of pomegranate peel are also frequently mentioned by İbrahim Saracoğlu. Especially recipes made from pomegranate peel are protective against certain diseases.
What are the Benefits of Pomegranate Peel?
The benefits of pomegranate peel do not end with counting just like its fruit! Here we have listed those healing effects for you!
- Pomegranate peel contains high levels of vitamin C. Vitamin C deficiency can cause many diseases. For this reason, it is curative in diseases such as flu, bronchitis, sore throat, especially in winter.
- Many kinds of toothpaste also contain extracts. The shell, which is also known to be very beneficial for dental health, is known to strengthen bones and teeth.
- Antioxidant, which is high in it, help to regulate cholesterol.
- Antioxidants also help the body get rid of toxins.
- Another benefit is one of the most asked questions: Is pomegranate peel good for diarrhea? Yes, it is good for diarrhea.
- Drinking water by steeping in boiled water for 10 minutes both treats diarrhea and has an effect on the bacteria in the intestine that cause infection.
- Pomegranate peel is also used in the treatment of hemorrhoids. According to some studies, it has been revealed that pomegranate peel has preventive properties against cancer. It is especially effective against skin cancer. For this reason, the benefits of pomegranate peel for the skin are also very many.
- While it renews the skin, it also protects against harmful external factors such as sun rays. Pomegranate peel takes place in medicine cabinets in countries such as India, which give importance to natural nutrition and plants.
- It is also good for diabetes and heart disease.
What Does Pomegranate Peel Do?
- According to some studies, it has been revealed that pomegranate peel juice has a calming effect among its benefits.
- It is used as a natural dyestuff in fabric and cosmetic products. It is also preferred as aroma, color and odorant.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- Some skincare products contain pomegranate peel powder to be more effective.
- Relieves menopausal symptoms.
- It is applied to burns in burn treatments. It provides quick healing of wounds and purification from microbes.
- It can be taken regularly as a natural vitamin.
- It is also used in hair care. It is known to give vitality to the hair and to tighten it.
- It lowers the tension.
- It is recommended to be consumed by dietitians in diet and exercise programs.
- It is used as a tea and in tea mixtures.
- It is consumed as food in some countries.
- When it is drunk on an empty stomach every morning, it causes the tapeworms in the intestine to fall out.
- It prevents the formation of dental calculus.
- It is good for palpitations.
- It is a good cleanser.
- It is recommended for anemia.
- It is anti-bacterial.
- Helps relieve joint pain.
Does Pomegranate Peel Make You Weak?
- Antioxidant makes the metabolism work faster. For this reason, pomegranate peel, which contains high levels of antioxidants, is often used in diet programs.
- The food that provides relaxation of the digestive system is also a very important fat burner; therefore, you can use it in your sports programs to burn fat faster.
- Among the benefits of pomegranate peel juice, the nutritional feature allows your body to take the necessary vitamins during the diet. At the same time, your immune system is also strengthened. Thanks to this effect, it gives energy in your sports and diet programs.
- As we all know, one of the things that prevent weight loss is our appetite. Pomegranate peel also solves this problem. It reduces appetite and increases the feeling of fullness.
- Since it is a high-fiber food, it allows the digestive system to work healthier.
So, How is Pomegranate Peel Used for Weight Loss?
You can consume it every morning by mixing other fruits into oatmeal for breakfast. Or you can pour the powdered peels on the boiled vegetables and add them to your salads. But of course, the pomegranate peel alone does not weaken it. It will provide good assistance to your diet and exercise program. It is healthier to make the diet and exercise program in accordance with the programs that a good dietitian and sports teacher will prepare for you.
How to Make Pomegranate Peel Tea?
There are many different recipes for pomegranate peel tea. It is very easy to prepare the tea, where you can make different varieties according to your taste:
- For a cup of tea, 2 grams of pomegranate peel is added to 100 grams of boiled water and left to rest for 15 minutes. At the end of the period, you can drink your tea with pleasure.
- If you want to try a more effective and different tea, you can soak the dried shells in boiling water for half an hour and then add 1 spoonful of cumin seeds, half a glass of kefir, and a pinch of rock salt.
- To get a homogeneous consistency, you can consume the materials you mix together by passing them through the rondo.
- It is not recommended to consume this mixture more than 2 times a day. However, be sure to consult your doctor before consuming it.
- You can also try pomegranate peel with other teas. If you want a calming and relaxing tea, you can also add chamomile and lemon balm plants.
- If your taste buds cannot go beyond the tastes they are accustomed to, you can use it to give aroma in the black tea you consume every day.
- In diet programs, you can drink it with green tea if your dietitian recommends it.
How to Dry the Pomegranate Peel?
The drying process of pomegranate peel can be done by different methods.
The most preferred is to dry in the sun:
- Cut the peel of the pomegranates, which you have separated from the inner seeds, into small pieces and lay them on a tray or towel in a sunny place.
- Check for crusts that start to dry from time to time.
- If there are any areas of mold or rot, weed them out.
- You can then store the completely dried shells in an airtight jar or storage container for a long time.
Another drying process is drying in a turbo oven:
- While applying this method, the crusts must be free from moisture.
- You can place the shells that you are sure to have dried thoroughly with the help of a napkin or towel, and the shells that you have cut into small pieces on the baking tray.
- Leave the shells that you have placed so that they do not touch each other at a temperature between 150-175, until they dry by turning on the fan of your oven.
- This process may take longer than you think; because the purpose is not to cook, but to dry with a light heat with the turbo feature.
If you do not want to wait for the sun in the summer and try to dry it in the oven, you can dry the peels of the pomegranate by laying them in the shade and dry place in the winter.
How to Consume and Use Pomegranate Peel?
Pomegranate peel can be consumed in many different ways:
- You can use it as tea, in salads or even in meals if you wish.
- If you are going to consume the pomegranate peel as a tea, you can consume it in small pieces, either alone or together with other teas.
- Another method is to add the dried shells into powder by adding them to the food.
- Powdered pomegranate peel can be added to cold drinks such as milk and ayran, or a teaspoon can be added to your oat mixture prepared with milk and fruit for breakfast.
- Instead of pomegranate syrup, which is often used in salads, you can pour the powder into the sauces you prepare with olive oil, lemon, and salt.
- Again, you can eat the powdered crust in yogurt, which is often consumed with meals. You can use the powder, which is also used in meals and desserts in some countries, in dishes you think will suit.