What Is Vertigo, What Is It Good For? 5 Healing Natural Remedies
- Vertigo, with its most well-known definition, is a disorder of dizziness.
- In some cases, it may be a disease alone; In some people, it may also be a symptom of another disease.
- It is a disease caused by damage to the inner ear and brain system.
- When a person experiences a vertigo attack, he or she experiences dizziness and pain for a long time.
- Short-term but frequent vertigo also affects quality of life.
- In order to diagnose vertigo, tests related to the nervous system are also requested in addition to physical control.
- It is not a disease that can be diagnosed with a single examination.
- Vertigo is not just a disease of dizziness.
- It is the state of feeling that the objects and objects in the environment are spinning after the dizziness.
There are 2 different types of vertigo. These types of vertigo are experienced differently by each person.
- Peripheral Vertigo: Caused by damage to the inner ear and vestibular nerves.
- Central Vertigo: Vertigo caused by problems starting with the cerebellum.
How Is Vertigo Treated? What’s Good? 5 Medicinal Foods for Diseases
You can apply to herbal treatment methods to alleviate the effects of vertigo on the person. For this, if you are suffering from vertigo, you can have the plants on our list in your home.
- Ginger is an herb that relieves dizziness and pain caused by vertigo.
- You can drink fresh ginger by boiling it or taking ready-made ginger tea during the day.
- Thus, you will be away from pain and rotation for a while during the day.
- Almond is a nut that relieves pain and balances blood pressure.
- In the period of vertigo, you can drink the hot water prepared with almond powder and relieve the dizziness.
3) Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar is effective against all diseases with its pain reliever feature.
- You can relieve the dizziness and pain caused by vertigo with a spoonful of apple cider vinegar.
- In cases of dizziness, mix 2 spoons of honey and 1 spoon of vinegar and drink.
- This paste will calm the spinning sensation.
4) Celery Juice
- Celery juice is here as a cure to eliminate dizziness.
- Pass 1 celery through the robot and strain the juice.
- If you wish, add some water on it and drink this water.
- Celery juice will both improve your general health and keep you away from dizziness for a long time.
- According to studies, gooseberry is a remedy for dizziness.
- You can also cure severe dizziness caused by vertigo with Gooseberry.
- Take the gooseberry seeds from the plant and store them in a corner of your home.
- In cases of dizziness, add 1 teaspoon of Gooseberry seeds to 1 glass of hot water and let it rest for a while.
- Then you can strain and drink this water.
What Should Those With Vertigo Eat – What Should They Not Eat?
Vertigo patients recover faster as long as they pay attention to their nutrition. In this case, patients can make changes in their diet. Unhealthy diet will trigger vertigo. Therefore, a regular and healthy diet is recommended. Let’s take a look at what people with vertigo do not eat and move forward with healthier steps:
- Natural and organic products
- eggs every morning
- Meat and fish
- lots of water
What Should Those With Vertigo Not Eat?
- salty foods
- Added salt to food
- Frozen ready meals
Vertigo Symptoms, How to Understand?
Almost everyone suffers from dizziness at some time. Vertigo manifests itself with different symptoms than this type of dizziness. Vertigo symptoms experienced by vertigo patients are on our list. If you are feeling these symptoms, it should not be too late to go to the doctor.
- Severe and prolonged dizziness
- Vomiting and fatigue
- Difficulty speaking
- Fear of falling while walking
- Double vision and visual impairment
- Uncontrollable hands and arms
- Body numbness and tingling
- Tension and headache
- feeling objects move
You can also do a vertigo test yourself at home :
- Turn around in the room 3 times and try to stand upright.
- If you feel that the objects around you are spinning when you stop, your chances of vertigo are very high.
- You can do this test from wherever you are.
- Tilt your head forward and rotate your head in a circle.
- If you seem to see things moving, there may be a problem with your inner ear organs and you may experience vertigo due to balance problems.
What Causes Vertigo, What Triggers It?
The balance organs in the inner ear have an important place in maintaining the balance of our body. Thanks to these organs, we can stand upright and move in a controlled manner. The balance organs are located very close to our hearing organs. There is a structure called labyrinth around both ears. Damage to any tissue of these organs causes vertigo. When the balance organs can not establish the balance they should provide , the person experiences severe dizziness and affects the quality of life.
If we take a closer look at the causes of vertigo that trigger vertigo ; We suggest you review our list:
- If the crystals in the ear are displaced, vertigo is experienced.
- The amount of fluid that should be in the inner ear can also cause this disease.
- If the inner ear fluid is secreted more than it should be, the person experiences this situation.
- The individual’s getting a virus from external factors can also shake the balance center. As a result of this situation, vertigo begins to manifest itself.
- People who add large amounts of salt to their meals have a higher risk of vertigo.
- If you are not getting your daily water needs and you are drinking very little water, you can call vertigo to your body because the balance of the body will be disturbed.
- People who are dehydrated are more prone to this disease.
- Alcohol and smoking habits, which trigger every disease, are also among the causes of vertigo.
How is Vertigo Treated? Which Doctor Looks?
- Vertigo is treatable.
- Along with Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation , the factor that disrupts the balance of your body is detected.
- Medication is initiated for severe nausea accompanying dizziness.
- The doctors who will take care of you will be the Department of Otorhinolaryngology or Neurosurgery . As a result of the tests, your doctor will decide which department to proceed with.
- In case of suspecting a problem caused by ear fluid , fluid may be taken from the ear .
- Your doctor , who recommends drug therapy , may prescribe antibiotics, painkillers and drugs to prevent nausea .
- The last resort of vertigo; Surgery may be performed due to complaints caused by a brain tumor. This surgery risk is applied in serious patients.
- The severity of the disease can be alleviated by giving cortisone-containing drugs to people who experience attacks for 24 hours.
What should people with vertigo pay attention to?
- Vertigo is a very serious disease. Therefore, patients should be careful in all areas of life.
- There will be some recommendations that should not be forgotten throughout life:
- Frequent dizziness can cause sudden fainting. For this reason, you should stay away from environments that shake you too much.
- Dizziness is triggered even more on bus, plane and ferry trips. In such cases, someone should definitely be with you and help you.
- Dizziness at sea or in the pool is further triggered. You should avoid moving too fast to avoid vomiting.
- You should stretch your feet and rest often during the day.
- You should have a diet that will balance blood pressure. A decrease or increase in blood pressure can further increase the effects of vertigo.
- You should pay attention to the sleep time. You may feel the effects of vertigo more when you are sleep deprived.