Vitamin E: this is how it should be used to prevent wrinkles
This substance prevents premature aging and promotes healing.
For many years, vitamin E has been considered the vitamin of youth, since there are many benefits it offers to the skin to keep it healthy.
According to the National Institutes of Health, “Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient that acts in the body as an antioxidant, protecting cells against damage from free radicals (compounds formed when food is converted into energy).”
This nutrient is beneficial for skin health as it helps prevent skin diseases, prevents premature aging and promotes healing, according to a study published in the Indian Dermatology Online Journal.
How much vitamin E should be consumed daily?
The amount per day depends on how old you are. However, there is a recommended average according to this table shared by the Salud180 portal.
Age and recommended amount
- Adolescents between 14 to 18 years: 15 milligrams.
- Adults: 15 milligrams.
- Pregnant women: 15 milligrams.
- Women during lactation: 19 milligrams.
Masks with vitamin E for wrinkles
Vitamin E cream to remove wrinkles
- To get its anti-aging benefits, you can make a vitamin E cream to remove wrinkles and have porcelain skin.
- Two vitamin E capsules should be mixed with a teaspoon of grapeseed oil; apply to eye wrinkles, mouth wrinkles and/or any area where smooth skin is desired.
- It is recommended to perform this treatment twice a week.
If people are trying to combat spots caused by sun exposure, age, or pregnancy, they can also turn to vitamin E.
Because it is rich in antioxidants, it promotes skin regeneration. It has even shown minimal effectiveness against problems such as melasma.
How to use:
- Take the contents of the capsule and apply it on the skin with spots.
- Then give a massage so that it is absorbed as much as possible.
- Subsequently, sleep and leave to act all night; the next morning, wash the face as usual.
Thanks to its photo protective, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, its application reduces problems such as dryness and premature deterioration of the skin on the lips.
How to use:
- Since the contents of one capsule can be too much for your lips, you can pour the oil into a small container and take it with you.
- Every two hours, apply a little of this oil instead of the usual balm.
- If you have got into the habit of making homemade balms, then next time this vitamin can be added to the preparation.
Vitamin E and cucumber
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices, add the liquid inside the vitamin E capsule and stir it to later place it on the face.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and then remove it with cold water.
Vitamin E for the eye contour
- Apply the content of a vitamin E capsule around the eyes with light tapping.
- It is recommended to do it every night as an anti-aging treatment to see optimal results.
- According to information published in Free Radical Research Communications, vitamin E has beneficial effects in preventing UV-induced damage.
Vitamin E and honey
- In a container place a tablespoon of honey, add the liquid inside the vitamin E capsule and a tablespoon of almond oil and then mix it very well and place it on the face.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes and remove it with lukewarm water and then cold water to close the pores.