What are the Benefits of Almond?
You look for something that will give you a feeling of fullness in your sudden hunger, right? You want it to be both hearty and delicious. After reading this article we have prepared for you, there will be only one food for your untimely hunger: Almonds…
Almond, whose history goes back to prehistoric times, was consumed raw in ancient times and its benefits were taken. Almond, which is mentioned among the foods that prolong life, is consumed in many ways today. In this article, we have discussed almonds and prepared information about its benefits, nutritional value and delicious recipes prepared with almonds. If you are ready for an article that flavors your palate and protects your health, here we go!
What are the Benefits of Almond?
- Almonds contain high levels of antioxidant substances. With this aspect, it will prevent harmful substances trying to enter your body. Thanks to the same feature, it is a very effective food against stress. It is recommended to consume almonds in tense moments and tired days.
- Almond is a brain friend. It has made its name among the foods that protect brain health. It will be very useful to consume during pregnancy to prevent mental diseases. Almond consumption should be given importance to prevent cognitive loss and to prevent diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Almonds have high levels of vitamin E. Vitamin E is a type of vitamin that should be taken by everyone. Vitamin E is needed in many areas of life. Renewal of cells, moisturizing of the skin, healing of wounds and acceleration of blood circulation are all thanks to the benefits of almonds.
- An almond benefit will also be effective for diabetics. Thanks to the magnesium in almonds, blood sugar is regulated.
- It is recommended to consume almonds during the day to prevent possible heart diseases. Because almonds are heart friendly. Healthier functioning of the heart and increased blood circulation are achieved with almonds.
- While almond is heart and brain friendly, this time it will appear as gut friendly. You may need almonds for your digestive system to work more actively. It contains a membrane that will relax your intestines. Thanks to this membrane, the microbes in your intestines are also cleaned.
- Almonds are a complete source of Omega-3. In addition, it has a cleansing property of inflammation in the urinary tract.
- When almond kernels are consumed as an intermediate food in diet meals, it will show its satiating feature and will be effective in your weight loss.
- It is known as one of your energy sources by meeting the minerals you need to take during the day.
Almond Calories and Nutritional Value
Almond, which is one of the dried nut options, is a nut with high nutritional values. It is very satisfying in terms of protein, vitamins E and B. It is also high in calcium, iron, copper, phosphate and potassium that every person needs. We will recommend almonds unroasted and unsalted to those who want a healthy snack. A handful of almonds equals about 25 grams. The answer to the question of how many calories in almonds is; It will be 143 kcal. Almonds will also meet your protein needs.
There are 0.93 grams of carbohydrates, 4.68 grams of protein, 13.53 grams of fat and 3.8 grams of fiber in 25 grams of almonds. In addition, while it contains 1.25 mg sodium; It also has 208.75 mg of potassium. The amount of calcium is 62.5 mg.
Almond Juice: Why Should Almonds Be Soaked?
You may hear information from your environment that it is beneficial to soak almonds in water. This information contains correct statements. If you soak the almonds in water the night before and consume them in the morning, you can see the following benefits:
- You can get more vitamin E from peeled almonds.
- Since it is easier to chew and digest, you can easily consume it.
- The enzymes in the almonds waiting in the water are taken more easily.
- If you drink almond juice, you will make your digestive system work faster.
- In addition, almonds waiting in the water will activate your metabolism better.
Almond prices vary as raw and roasted. While raw almonds start from 50 TL per kilo, roasted almonds are sold for 30 TL per kilo.
Where Do Almond Trees Grow? What are the types?
The history of almond trees dates back to the Babylonian period. Almond trees, which came to life in China and Central Asia, have come to the present day and even to our country. Almond seedlings need a Mediterranean climate to grow efficiently. In other words, summers will be hot and dry, and in winter, there will be warm weather and precipitation. In our country, it grows in Muğla, Mersin, Elazig, Antalya and Denizli. Almonds collected early from these trees are consumed as almond cassava. It has a short consumption life within the year. It will be consumed as almonds when ripe.
Almond varieties, domestic and foreign, are considered in 2 groups:
- Local almonds: Dokuzoğuz and Gülcan.
- Foreign almonds: Ferragnes, Ferraduel, Ferrastar, Nonpareil, Texas, Drake, Ne Plus Ultra, Peerless, Marcona, Tuono.
Almond Harms and Side Effects
The only case where almonds are harmful is an almond allergy. In case of almond allergy, swelling occurs in the larynx and this can have dangerous consequences. If you are allergic to it, it is inconvenient to eat. In addition, side effects such as vomiting and weakness can be seen when too much vitamin E is taken during the day.