Types of Radish: Benefits of Radish | Radish Calories
Radish, rich in vitamin C, source of fiber, rich in antioxidants, is a white-fleshed vegetable that can also be consumed raw. Radish, a well-known plant in Hellenistic and Roman periods, was also found in Ancient Egyptian inscriptions. Although there are different types of Radish that are cylindrical or round, it is known that the long rooted ones are suitable for cooking and the round ones are suitable for raw consumption.
For a crunchy taste in all salads, for a nutritious soup, for a side dish that complements the main course with its flavor, do not miss the radish on your tables. Keep this vegetable, which is both a friend of your health and a complementary flavor of your taste, in your cupboards in summer and winter.
What are the Types of Radish?
People between the radish out of this species, also known as radish and radish are like other white meat inside is black. It is liver friendly, it is effective in reducing the damage that occurs in the liver. In addition, it has effects such as helping people with cholesterol problems, balancing cholesterol, protecting and regular functioning of the digestive system for those who have problems in the digestive system. However, it is a healing plant during flu and cold periods, as it is a store of vitamin C. It also helps brain functions to work regularly.
This type of radish, which is white both inside and out, is longer than other types of radishes and its flavor is somewhat different from the others. It acts as a defense shield against germs and helps the body purify from germs. It is the archenemy of cancer. It increases the body’s resistance while fighting cancer cells. It also has beneficial effects on hair and skin health.
This type of radish, which we see most frequently in grocery stores, is bright red on the outside and white on the inside like other radishes. It is recommended to be consumed especially in summer months due to its effect of removing excess heat from the body. Being rich in fiber and containing vitamin values, it has beneficial effects on sore throat and body cleansing.
What is Radish Calorie and Nutritional Value?
It is a plant rich in folic acid, potassium and vitamin C. It is known that 100 grams of radish has about 16 calories, and most of these calories are carbohydrates. It also contains 2 g of dietary fiber and 0.7 g of protein. It also has high nutritional values in terms of magnesium, copper, calcium and vitamin B2.
What are the Benefits of Radish?
- Since it is rich in vitamin C, it helps to get over the common cold easily.
- Since it contains high fiber, it facilitates the regular functioning of the digestive and excretory system.
- Eating radishes reduces your chances of developing colon, pancreatic and breast cancer and has protective effects against heart diseases.
- The folic acid it contains reduces the risk of miscarriage during pregnancy.
- It reduces the risk of getting yellow spot disease.
- Again, thanks to folic acid, it supports the body’s red blood cell production and protects the body against anemia.
- Thanks to the phosphorus in its content, it contributes to the support of dental and bone health, and also helps to relieve fatigue.
- It plays a supportive role in the treatment of upper respiratory tract diseases such as lung infection, asthma and bronchitis.
- With its low calorie and rich nutritional values, when it is preferred as a snack during diet periods, it has both a satiating effect and a facilitating effect for weight loss with its metabolism-accelerating effect. Radish diet is also very effective for people who want to lose weight.
- It freshens the breath and prevents bad breath.
- It has beneficial effects on rheumatism and sciatica.
- When mixed with honey and vinegar sherbet and consumed, it helps to relieve shortness of breath.
Benefits of Radish Grass
- Because it contains essential oils, it has calming, calming, invigorating and pain-relieving effects.
- Radish grass is preferred by people who are on a diet because of its satiety feature.
- It has a diuretic effect.
- Due to the minerals and vitamins it contains, it has a sexual power-enhancing function.
- It is used in the treatment of aphtha-like mouth sores.
Benefits of Radish Juice
- Since it contains antioxidants, it plays an important role in the functioning of the liver and cleaning the blood.
- It is used in the treatment of kidney disorders.
- It is recommended to supplement the moisture loss of the skin.
- Radish juice also has a reducing effect on hair loss.
Radish Leaf Benefits
Radish leaf, which is a rich source of vitamins B6, B9, C and E, is a plant that has many benefits for the body in terms of minerals and calcium. It is cultivated in removing intestinal parasites from the body. It is recommended to consume frequently for people with open wounds and those with iron deficiency. It also plays an important role in the treatment of diseases such as open wounds and ulcers.
What Are Radish Harms?
Radish, which supports the body’s resistance to many diseases and microbes and contributes to the proper functioning of many organs, of course has some side effects. First of all, people who have kidney stones should consume less radish and in a controlled manner. Those who suffer from gas pains or diarrhea should consume less radish. Because the digestive system works faster, it is not preferred in such periods.
In addition, people with stomach ailments such as gastritis or open ulcer wounds should consume radish only by cooking. Does eating radishes cause gas? This is the reason why this question is often asked. The recommendation to be consumed by cooking is due to the gas-forming effect of radish. But does radish cause diarrhea? There is no definitively valid, proven answer for every body.