The benefits of eating bananas for breakfast every day
This fruit is rich in fiber, potassium, and antioxidants that help the body fight different conditions.
Banana is a favorite fruit for all occasions, thanks to its properties, since it is usually consumed by children and athletes. The health portal Tua Saúde points out the benefits of eating bananas for breakfast, such as:
- Constipation: The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases explains that it is a condition in which the stool hardens and takes on a lumpy appearance, making evacuation difficult. For this reason, the consumption of bananas, having fibers, combats it by improving intestinal transit.
- Control blood pressure:being rich in potassium, it regulates the pressure that the blood makes on the walls of the blood vessels , which causes their relaxation and therefore better circulation.
- Strengthen the immune system:bananas, being rich in antioxidants, participate in the formation of the cells of this apparatus, protecting it from foreign agents.
- Collagen production:delays the appearance of expression lines and wrinkles thanks to the vitamin C that composes it, since its function is an easy absorption of collagen.
How does banana help before or after a workout?
As indicated above, the banana is consumed by most athletes, since it is a fruit rich in potassium and provides energy. Therefore, it helps to strengthen the muscles, avoiding cramps, which according to the Mayo Clinic, are involuntary contractions of the muscles that can cause intense pain. Meanwhile, being a food that provides energy to the body, it is vital for physical training.
As the Mejor con Salud portal points out, banana consumption replaces the decrease in glycogen that is spent in exercises that require strength.
It should be noted that this fruit is composed of three carbohydrates such as glucose, sucrose and fructose, providing energy to the body. The portal suggests replacing energy drinks with bananas , which, being natural, provide nutrients to the body. In addition, it is rich in magnesium, helping to prevent diseases such as osteoporosis or arthritis.
But should bananas be consumed before or after each workout? What is suggested is to consume it prior to the exercises, if what you want is to have resistance and energy; but, it can be consumed later, if you want to restore nutrients after an intense routine.
Banana and cinnamon tea to sleep well at night
For this recipe, the aforementioned portal reveals an easy way to prepare this drink and consume it to fall asleep. It is worth remembering that sleeping is an activity where the body is restored and the brain is renewed, so experts suggest sleeping at least 7 hours a night.
- The amount of water required
- 1 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- First of all, the ends of the banana must be cut without removing the peel.
- Place water in a pot and let it boil.
- Then, place the banana in the pot.
- Lower the flame from the heat and let it boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Immediately, let it rest and strain it.
- Finally, add a little cinnamon and mix it very well.
This drink should be consumed at least one hour before going to sleep. An important fact is that this recipe does not cure insomnia, but it does relax the body. However, you should consult your doctor and/or a nutritionist to include it in a balanced diet and better obtain its properties.