Rock Grove: Benefits, Where Does It Grow?
Rock Grove: Rich in Iodine and Vitamin C!
Nature offers such beautiful blessings, each more healing and delicious than the other, that one cannot be grateful for them. Especially with the development of alternative medicine, there are some plant species that attract people’s attention that make those who have just heard about its benefits say, “Where have you been before?” The fact that these plants can be reached without great effort and expense, that is, they are a gift of nature, increases their value even more.
The name of one of these beneficial plants that grows spontaneously in nature is rock grove. Unfortunately, not many people know the rock root herb, which is an excellent flavor especially for those who love sour.
However, now is the time to give this delicious and healing plant the value it deserves!
Although not much is known about it today, there are recipes made with it even in very old cookbooks. If you see it where it grows, you might not recognize it, you would think it is an ordinary weed. However, the truth of the matter is not so. In addition to being a source of healing for many diseases that even doctors cannot cure, this plant makes you fall in love with its spicy and delicious aroma. It is a kind of taste that will be loved by those who love sour, especially those who have never tasted it before.
Here’s what you didn’t know about the rock grove until now.
What is a Rock Grove?
- This plant, which is a rare species of the Damkorugugiller family, is among the long-leaved, succulent and dwarf plants with a sour taste, as the name suggests.
- The top class is parsley. The rock grouse plant, which has different names such as ear grass, sea fennel, nasser grass, flower pot, is related to woody or herbaceous plant species.
- It is decorated like a bride with its yellow flowers resembling small bunches of grapes.
- It attracts attention with its leaves being quite succulent as well as being quite juicy.
- There is no rock grove tree, this plant is more of a mossy species. As the rock grove plant is called, it grows more in the crevices of the rocks.
- The rock grove plant is not just for the table . It is among the plant species that attract the attention of the cosmetic industry due to its fatty acids, essential oils and aromatic components.
- The high content of vitamin C draws the attention of the pharmaceutical industry to this plant. It also contains iodine components, sulfate and pectin.
- It contains especially high iodine. For this reason, you are likely to see a slightly sedimentary bluish color in its green leaves.
What are the Benefits of Rock Grove?
- It is used in the treatment of goiter disease due to its high iodine content.
- Since it contains high levels of vitamin C, it is perfect against scurvy.
- The leaves of the plant, which are consumed raw, are a natural diuretic.
- Methanol extract obtained from the plant has antibacterial properties.
- Containing high levels of iodine, rock wood supports the production of thyroid hormone.
- When the green leaves are made into a poultice with olive oil, it is used as an ointment and is used in the treatment of skin inflammations, calluses and eczema.
- The rockwood plant is also used in the treatment of heartburn and ulcers.
- It is very good for the liver and gall bladder.
- It is known to be effective against intestinal wounds and diarrhea.
- It is known for its appetizing properties.
- It has cell regenerative properties.
- It is also very effective against gum diseases.
- It is an effective herb against intestinal worms. It helps to remove intestinal worms.
Where Does Rock Grove Grow?
- It grows naturally on the rock, which is known as rock grove. But it does not settle on top of every rock.
- It is a sea-loving plant species.
- For this reason, it is mostly seen on the Mediterranean and Aegean coasts, but on the Black Sea coasts.
- Rocks and cliffs that have been battered by sea waters and winds, weathered and cavities formed on them are the natural habitat of the rock grove.
- That is why it contains high iodine.
- The spicy taste of the plant, which takes its salty taste from the love with the sea, also comes from the vitamins and minerals in the rocks where it grows.
- Those who wonder where the rock grove is located can visit the rocks and sandy lands on the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts and observe the plant in its natural habitat.
When is the Rock Grove Collected?
- In addition to being extremely healing and delicious, rock grove is a plant species with a high economic value.
- Although it grows in all seasons in its natural habitat, it is rarely found in winter.
- The rock grove, which begins to bloom in the spring, matures when the summer season begins to make itself felt.
- For this reason, the plant begins to be collected in the beginning of June, when the summer season begins to be felt.
- The rock grove, which can be collected during the summer months and is abundant, is collected until the end of September, when the autumn shows itself and bids farewell to the summer season.
How to Make a Rock Grove?
- It’s time for the section we prepared in response to the question of how to eat rock grove and how it adds health to our health!
- The pickle of the plant, which is an invaluable boon for sour lovers, is also made in brine.
- The pickles, which are more known especially in Anamur and Silifke, and which are not separated from the table of the local people, are quite delicious.
- After the herbs are cleaned, the pickle is made by familiar methods. Rock groat brine is just as delicious as its pickles.
- Rock grouse salad and appetizers are also preferred for their delicious tastes. The olive oil and garlic grouse salad appetizer is addictive.
- To make rock grove salad, the rock grove that is boiled alive is mixed with onion, lemon juice, salt and crushed garlic. Then, a very light, delicious and healthy salad can be made by drizzling olive oil on it.
- It should also be noted that salt should not be overused, as it has a self-iodized and salty structure.