How to make delicious coconut jam
In jam dishes, coconut jam is the easiest to make. Not only that, the coconut jam has a fatty and sweet taste, so it “pleases” many people. Hurry up to the kitchen and make this colorful traditional Tet jam.
– Coconut rice: You should buy medium-sized coconut rice. If it is too old, the rice is very hard and dry. To avoid buying washed copra, you should buy whole coconut (2 left) and scrape the rice. Two large coconuts give you about 600g of copra.
– Sugar: With about 600g of copra, you need about 300g of sugar.
– Color: You can use colors from natural vegetables such as camellia leaves, pandan leaves, beets, strawberries, etc. to color the coconut. Alternately, you can use multicolored fruit milk, but remember to reduce the amount of sugar while soaking.
Take the coconut rice and soak the coconut
Sew coconut rice.
– Want to get coconut rice easily, you can heat it on a high flame or put it in the oven for about 20 minutes. Remember to add coconut to get water before heating.
– Peel the brown film outside the coconut, only take the white rice so that it is not bitter. If you want to shape it later, you should peel the copra.
– Use a knife to thinly slice the coconut rice. Next, soak all the grated coconut in cold water for about 10 minutes. Then take it out to dry.
– Put the coconut with sugar, color in large bowls (the amount depends on the number of colors you prepare) mix well and soak for about 3-4 hours until the sugar dissolves.
Coconut rice is slugs evenly in sugar water.
I finished coconut jam.
Preserve coconut jam.
Put all the soaked coconut (both the water) into a large saucepan and cook over medium heat. When the sugar water comes to a boil, reduce the heat and continue to stir it so that the sugar doesn’t burn. When the sugar and jam are dry, you can turn off the stove. While the jam is still hot, you can take advantage of rolling the jam to shape a flower or any shape you like.