Throughout history, many plants have been used by people in the treatment of various diseases. One of these plants, which is known as “medicinal” due to its effects, is yeast grass. Yeast grass is similar to hemorrhoid breasts in terms of shape and is very good for hemorrhoids. For this reason, it is popularly known as hemorrhoids.
In this article, we have examined the yeast herb and its healing effects for you. If you are looking for answers to the questions of what is the use of mayasıl grass, what are the types of mayasıl grass, are there any benefits of mayasıl grass, do not leave anywhere! Because the answers to all these questions and much more are waiting for you in the following lines.
What is Yeast Grass?
- Yeast grass; It is the common name of the plant varieties that make up the Ajuga genus, which consists of 64 species, belonging to the Ballıbabagiller family. These species are distributed throughout the northern temperate zones around the world. In our country, 14 species and 27 sub-taxa are grown.
- Some species of mayasıl grass belong to the buttercup family.
- The plant varieties that make up the genus Ajuga are annual, biennial or perennial. It is mostly herbaceous. Plant species in the form of shrubs are very few.
- It is known as hemorrhoids among people because it is good for hemorrhoids. It is also known by the names small celandine, buttercup, black grass, mountain yeast grass and yellow grass.
- The season is spring. It blooms in May and June.
- It can grow up to 15-300 cm in length.
- The leaves are in the form of oblong spatulate. It is hairless and has serrated edges.
- Although the root of the herb root is small, it is quite fleshy. There are tubers resembling hemorrhoids between the roots. It is even said that its name is hemorrhoids because of these tubers.
- An orange-yellow, dark liquid comes out of its stems and stems.
- It’s a nice groundcover. It is beautiful and attractive in appearance.
- Ajuga chia, A.reptans and A.genevensis are the most commonly used plant varieties of the genus Ajuga due to their medicinal properties. A.reptans leaves contain provitamin A. A.chia and A.reptans have hemostatic and wound healing effects.
- Yeast grass is actually a caustic and poisonous plant. However, from the past to the present, no person has been harmed by this plant, and no such information has been recorded.
Benefits of Yeast Grass: What Is It Good For?
1) It is a Natural Remedy for Hemorrhoids
- The answer to the question “Is mayasıl good for hemorrhoids” is definitely yes. The first plant used in hemorrhoids is yeast.
- Yeast grass contains plenty of saponins and vitamin C. These substances help the hemorrhoids to shrink and disappear.
2) Effective in the Treatment of Eczema
- Another answer that can be given to the question of “What is yeasty grass good for” is eczema.
- Mayasıl is a word of Arabic origin and means eczema according to the records of the Turkish Language Association.
- Yeast has been a natural remedy for the treatment of both hemorrhoids and eczema from past to present.
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, yeast grass is very effective in the fight against eczema.
- It relieves the itching and burning sensation caused by eczema in a short time and heals wounds.
Other benefits of yeast grass to our body are:
- It relieves pain.
- It lowers the high fever.
- Relieves cold symptoms.
- It is diaphoretic.
- It is known to be good for constipation.
- It is good for stomach ailments.
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory effect, it fights inflammation.
- It is a natural antibiotic.
- It is a spasm solver.
- It lowers the sugar level in the blood.
- It keeps the body fit.
- It stimulates the nerves.
- It lowers high blood pressure.
- Yeast grass is a plant rich in vitamin C. Thanks to this feature, it is good for scurvy caused by vitamin C deficiency.
- It helps to heal liver diseases.
- It has blood-forming properties.
How to Use Yeast Grass?
- First of all, hemorrhoid root is boiled and made into porridge. The prepared mixture is applied to the hemorrhoids. This application should be done regularly every day until the complaints of hemorrhoids are completely gone.
- Another feature of the Mayasıl herb is that it is antiseptic. Thanks to this feature, it kills germs in open wounds. In order to take advantage of this benefit of yeast, it is recommended to turn the roots into pulp and apply it externally to the wound .
- If you wish, you can also consume yeast as tea. All you have to do for this is to boil the yeast root that you have cleaned and dried. You can boil a branch of dried yeast in 4 glasses of water. It is recommended to consume a glass of mayasıl herb tea 2 times a day, in the morning and evening.
Where to Find Yeast Grass?
- Yeast grass is a herb that grows wild. It grows spontaneously in bushes, in the shade of trees, in moist grass and in shady places.
- It likes the moist forests of the Mediterranean region. On the other hand, it is possible to find mayasıl grass almost everywhere in our country.
- Since yeast is not a plant grown by planting, it may not be possible to find every one. Generally, the people living in the regions where this herb grows spontaneously recognizes and uses the herb. However, today, you can easily get ready-to-use packaged yeast from some internet sites and herbalists.