How to cook kale? Several ways!
How to cook kale? Heat oil in the wok and add 125 grams of kale to the wok. First fry other seasonings such as bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and then add the kale. Now wok the kale for about 5-7 minutes until al dente.
How to cook kale?
Kale, this tasty vegetable is even tastier when it has been covered with night frost. The taste then becomes sweeter. Kale is generally cooked, but you can do more with kale. You can also stir-fry kale.
If you prefer to cook it, you can read our blog about cooking kale. Stir-frying kale is not really difficult, you just need to know what to do. If you want to stir-fry well, a wok with a wide rising edge and a solid bottom are recommended. Are you going to cook for the first time or are you ready for a new one, It will make wok cooking easier!
Stir-frying or stir-frying the kale gives you many more options for combining kale with other seasonings. Yes, you can suddenly serve kale with rice instead of potatoes or mashed into a stew.
Stir-fried kale with pasta also tastes delicious. They are all discussed below.
How Long to cook Kale
For stir-frying kale, you can buy fresh strips in the supermarket or buy already cleaned kale in a bag that is in the refrigerated shelf. It doesn’t matter, because the wok is the same. You just have to clean the strips and zip the leaves off. Check out our blog about cleaning kale. Stir-frying kale takes about 5-7 minutes.
When that’s done I can stir fry you. You will need about 125 to 150 grams of raw kale per person.
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil in the wok.
- If you have washed the kale, first pat it dry with kitchen paper.
- When the oil is hot, the kale goes into the wok. If it’s too much for one time, add parts of kale to the wok.
- When it has shrunk, stir-fry it further for 5 – 7 minutes.
- You can also add a little water, cover the wok and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- When it’s ready you can serve it
Kale that has only been stir-fried, without further additions, is excellent for a salad.
To give extra flavor to your kale, you can add salt, pepper and onion powder. Many variants for seasoning kale are described in our blog about this.
Much more often you do not just stir-fry kale, but you add many more seasonings. A number of options are discussed below.
Cook Kale Vegetarian
For this recipe, you can use a lot of ingredients such as onions, garlic, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes. I use paprika in this recipe. What do you need for 4 people:
- 1 red bell pepper cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 125 grams of kale person
- 1 clove of crushed garlic.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- pepper and salt
It is prepared as follows:
- Heat the oil in the pan and fry the crushed garlic, onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the beer cabbage to the wok and mix everything together well. Keep stirring until the kale has shrunk and then stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove a piece of kale from the wok and taste to see if it is al dente.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste and mix well again.
- Remove the kale from the wok and serve immediately.
This is delicious with baked potatoes, for example.
If you want to use mushrooms or, for example, tomato, that is also possible, or a combination of these is also delicious. First fry the other ingredients and then add the kale to the wok.
Kale Stir-fry Stew
Kale stew stir-fry is another variation for cooking kale.
For this dish you first peel the potatoes, preferably floury and boil them for about 15 – 20 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
In the meantime, stir-fry the kale. Take 125 grams of kale per person and combine the kale with bell pepper and, for example, garlic. How to do this is described above for vegetarian kale.
Then drain the potatoes and mash them fine. Add a little plant-based milk to make it smooth. Then the kale goes through the potatoes and mash / mix everything together well. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Or mix mustard through the stew, really tasty.
Kale Stir Fry With Rice
Kale also goes very well with rice. Of course with other seasonings, namely:
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion in rings
- Kale 150 grams
- 2 tomatoes, diced or quartered
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- soy sauce 3 tablespoons
- 1 tsp. Paprika powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Amount of rice for 2 people.
What are you going to do?
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat source and fry the peppers for 4 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, garlic, onions and kale to the pan in batches and mix well.
- Then add the paprika powder to the kale and wok everything for about 5 minutes.
- Taste some kale to check if it is al dente.
Now add the kale to the drained rice and mix everything together well. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy your meal!
Kale Stir-fry Pasta
What you can do with rice, you can also do with pasta. The dish described with kale stir-fry with rice also goes perfectly with pasta. You can also add mushrooms.
First, fry this together with the bell pepper and then add the rest. Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
In the end, add the pasta to the wok and mix everything together well.