Hyacinth Flower: Care and Reproduction
Hyacinth flower, like other flowers, is an effective flower in the color and peace of homes. It is known that people who are interested in flower care are more stress-free and their souls are calmer. Taking care of flowers is a hobby that takes stress and gives joy to the person. Now, in this article, we will give you information about the hyacinth flower, which has a pleasant smell and a long life. When you want to grow the hyacinth flower, you can preserve the vitality of the flower by remembering the information on this page.
Have you ever thought why hyacinth flower is preferred in cosmetic products and detergents? This flower, which enchants people with its fragrance, draws attention with its pleasant smell in every environment. For this reason, companies are inspired by the hyacinth flower in detergents, fabric softeners and perfumes. We recommend you to try the hyacinth flower, especially when purchasing perfumes and deodorants. You can use this spring-inspired flower in many areas of your home.
1) How to Care for Hyacinths?
If you have hyacinth flowers in your home or on the balcony, we recommend that you take a look at the following information for hyacinth care. Because when water, light and soil conditions are suitable, your flower will smell better and will maintain its vitality for a long time.
- The sunlight needed by the hyacinth should be met indirectly.
- For this reason, it cannot be comfortable in the corners where the sun is steep. Lightly shaded areas are ideal for hyacinths.
- If it receives too much light, the leaves may turn yellow.
- This high light also affects the roots, causing the roots to get tired. A balanced light will suffice for a hyacinth flower.
- The hyacinth plant, which does not like the wind very much, can survive at an average temperature of 15 degrees.
- Rooms with constant airflow are not suitable for hyacinths.
- It is recommended to keep hyacinth away from strong wind, air conditioner and balcony edge. The corners where it will get air constantly are suitable for this flower.
- The soil selection for the hyacinth flower should be slightly moist and rich in humus.
- Hyacinths love humus. It is not recommended to use one type of soil.
- Mixed soils and mineral soils will feed the hyacinth.
- When watering the hyacinth, it will be enough to water it twice a week.
- You should not leave the hyacinth, which cannot stand being dehydrated, dry.
- For this reason, you can irrigate in a controlled manner according to the climatic conditions you are in.
- While giving water, you must ensure that water reaches every detail of the soil.
- If you pay attention not to leave a dry area, it will be good for the health of your flower.
- You can give the water waiting at room temperature to your flower.
- If the weather conditions are very hot and the hyacinth has wilted, you can water it every morning.
- The hyacinth pot size you prefer should be ideal for hyacinth bulbs.
- You can choose a medium-sized pot for easy planting of onions.
- As the hyacinth grows, it is recommended to repot it every year.
- If the root expands and cannot be comfortable in its old pot, the life of the hyacinth will be shortened and it will start to rot.
- Pots should be taken where the roots can breathe easily. It is also important to have holes in the bottom of the pot.
2) How to Plant Hyacinth Flowers?
- You do not need to wait for any period to plant the hyacinth flower.
- Whenever you procure a hyacinth seed, you can bring your hands to the soil to sow that day.
- Take a look at the size of the onion. Then add the soil to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the onion in the pot, two inches deeper than the size of the onion.
- Scatter the remaining soil around the onion and give it life water.
- If the hyacinth bulb is dry, it may take some time to revive.
- For this reason, when you find fresh hyacinth bulbs, you can plant them in the pot that day.
3) Hyacinth Flower Watering Techniques
It will be useful to be careful when watering the hyacinth flower, which wants to stay constantly moist. We recommend that you review the irrigation techniques on the list once:
- It will be necessary to irrigate the hyacinth in a controlled manner in winter and summer seasons.
- Never leave it without water, especially on hot days. Hyacinths should always remain moist.
- You should take care to deliver the water to every part of the flower, not just the roots or leaves.
- Have a watering can and use it to water the hyacinth. Be sure to give the same amount of water at each irrigation.
- On cold days, you should rest and give tap water. You can give the waiting water in the evening during the day.
- If you have given too much water to the pot, you should empty the water accumulated in the plate. Excess water will cause infestation and rot. The important thing is not to leave the flower in water, but to keep it slightly moist.
4) Hyacinth Flower Reproduction Process
- If you are wondering how to reproduce the hyacinth that sheds seeds or reproduces, now let us explain the hyacinth reproduction information.
- You can reproduce your hyacinth flower very easily.
- You can try the root separation method for hyacinths as you do for other flowers.
- You can take the newly sprouted plant from the roots and plant it in another pot.
- You just have to be careful when separating it from the root.
- For seed propagation, plant the seed approximately 1 cm below the soil and give some water.
- During this period, keep the pot in a slightly windy environment. Germination will occur thanks to the wind.
- You can then take your germinating plant to a slightly shaded and cool place and witness its growth.
5) How to Change a Hyacinth Flower Pot?
- Repotting is a process that is required once a year for the life of the flowers.
- However, some flowers may be affected by repotting.
- The hyacinth flower is also a sensitive flower in this regard. Frequent repotting can adversely affect the health of the hyacinth and can rot very large hyacinth bulbs.
- Therefore, it will be more accurate to change the pot if needed.
- If the pot is small and narrow during the periods when the onion grows too large, the plant is moved to a one-size-fits-all pot.
- You will also need to renew the soil when repotting.
- You can buy hyacinths from flower shops and grow them at home. Hyacinth prices are sold for an average of 20 TL for seeds and plants.
6) Hyacinth Flower Meaning, Types and Characteristics
- Hyacinth flower is a type of flower with a pleasant smell among the bulb plants.
- Its botanical class is Hyacinthus. Its growing area is quite wide.
- Hyacinths can be seen from the Eastern Mediterranean to Turkmenistan and Iran.
- The hyacinth flower, which begins to bloom in the spring, has colors such as purple, lilac, pink, yellow and white, and these hyacinth varieties grow among their green leaves.
- The hyacinth flower has a mythological meaning. Hyacinth means rebirth.
- He is rumored to be the young son of the king of Sparta.
- According to Greek mythology, the story of the hyacinth is known with the formation of a hyacinth from the place where the son of the king of Sparta died.
- While Apollo and Hyakintos were playing the discus throw game, Hyakintos was hit by a disc, causing him to lose his life.
- Apollo, who was very upset and devastated by this painful situation, said the following words with his current bitter feelings.
- After the words of Apollo, a hyacinth grows from the place where Hyakintos died, and this flower now becomes a symbol of rebirth:
“O dear child, you are dying, I destroyed your fresh and beautiful youth with my own hands. Since I can’t go to the grave or underground with you, since my place is in the sky, I want to make you an immortal like myself. I want to see you when I am happy and mighty, to caress and smell you with my lights. I will make you a flower for him. You will live. When I approach the earth and the spring defeats the dark winter, you will rise up from the ground in revolt…”
- When the leaves of the hyacinth flower are collected and dried, it will be very beneficial for health.
- Hyacinth leaves also have pain-relieving properties. It is also included in the content of many cosmetic products for skin health.
- It relaxes the body as well as calms the nerves. Because of its pleasant smell, hyacinth is also used in perfumes and colognes.