- 1 pack of phyllo dough (800g)
- 150 gr. butter
- One half + one quarter tea glass of oil (i.e. less than a tea glass)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 glass of water
- 2 cups of milk
To put between the baklavas:
- 1 bowl of coarsely ground pistachios (walnuts are also fine)
For the above:
- 2 soup spoons of cocoa
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk (or a generous amount of grated chocolate instead of both)
How to Make Cold Baklava?
1. Prepare the syrup for the dessert first: Take the sugar and water in the pot and let it boil
2. 5 minutes after boiling, remove from the stove and leave to cool.
3. Next, take the butter in a small saucepan and melt it.
4. Collect the foams that come out as the oil melts. (key point!)
5. After the oil has melted, take it off the stove and add oil to it and mix it.
6. Take the baklava phyllo on the counter, place the baking dish you will use on the edge of the phyllo and cut it around with a knife. (For full shape)
7. If you want it not to be too thick, do not use the leftover dough, otherwise you can use it.
8. Brush the bottom of the baking tray with 1 spoon of the oil mixture, brushing it all over.
9. Then place 1 whole phyllo and drizzle 1 more tablespoon of oil.
10. Let’s place the dough in the shape of a circle that you cut on it and drizzle a spoonful of oil.
11. In this way, stack half of the phyllo on the tray.
12. Put hazelnut/pistachio/walnut in the middle of the baklava.
13. In the meantime, let the oven heat up at 170°C on the fanless setting.
14. After placing the peanuts, continue to arrange the phyllo dough you have set aside for the top in the same way, on top of each other, pouring oil between them.
15. After placing the phyllo dough, if there are any overhanging parts, cut it with a knife and smear it with oil.
16. Cut the baklava we prepared as you want.
17. Leave the baklava to cook in the oven at 170°C until the top and bottom are golden brown. (Depends on the oven, but it cooks in an average of 1 hour)
18. While the baklava is cooking, add the milk of our syrup and mix.
19. Remove the fried baklava from the oven and wait 10 minutes.
20. Pour the syrup over the cooled baklava, all over it.
21. Let it rest for 1 hour to absorb the syrup.
For the topping: Mix cocoa with powdered milk. Then, cover all parts of the baklava with this mixture with the help of a strainer. Or you can use chocolate chips.