How to Clean Wooden Spoons: 5 Easy Ways to Remove Dirt
How conscious are we about cleaning wooden spoons? Do you think it is right to throw it in the dishwasher or wash it by hand? Continue reading our article for the most hygienic and correct answer to these questions. We are here to share with you the method of cleaning wooden spoons that many people are eagerly waiting for.
Both sweet and savory dishes can be prepared with wooden spoons. Well, as a result of this situation, odors can mix with spoons that are not cleaned well. You can clean your wooden spoons, which are used many times during the day and help you while preparing many dishes, in the best way. If you want to know how to clean without stains, odors and bacteria, please take a note of this article. Here is our article on cleaning wooden spoons, which includes the most natural methods.
1) Vinegar and Carbonate
In recent days, wooden spoon cleaning is done with vinegar and carbonate. You can follow these steps to clean your wooden spoons from dirt using vinegar and baking soda:
- Put all the wooden spoons and utensils you are going to clean into a large pot.
- Pour a packet of baking soda into the saucepan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Add boiling water to cover all the ingredients and let it boil.
- After boiling for about 15 minutes, you can see that the dirt trapped in the wooden spoons mixes with the water.
- Rinse your cleaned wooden spoons with cold water and dry them.
- You can try this app every month.
2) Olive oil
Olive oil, which is in the kitchen in many ways, will be useful for cleaning wooden spoons this time. You can follow the steps in the list to keep the wooden spoons clean:
- Before wiping your wooden spoons, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wipe your wooden products that you want to purify from germs with olive oil while the oven is heating up.
- Leave the cleaned wooden spoons in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Rinse the spoons out of the oven with warm water and let them dry. It’s that simple!
3) Beeswax and Coconut Oil
You can make your wooden spoons look like new by using beeswax and coconut oil. Therefore, you should follow these steps:
- Start by melting some beeswax and coconut oil in a bain-marie.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon into the melted ingredients and mix.
- Rub this mixture into wooden spoons with the help of a cloth.
- Wait for an average of 10 minutes and clean your products such as wooden spoons with warm water.
4) Oxygenated Water
Oxygenated water, which helps life in many ways, comes to the fore this time to clean wooden spoons. What you need to do to remove the odor and darkening of wooden spoons:
- Pour the wooden spoons to be cleaned into a deep bowl.
- Drizzle oxygenated water over wooden spoons.
- Add enough water to cover it and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- After waiting, rinse with warm water and leave to dry.
5) Soap or Soap Powder
You know that you need to be a little more precise in the use of wooden spoons. Detergents are known to wear down wooden spoons. While you want to destroy the bacteria with bleach, you can also destroy the color of the spoons. For this reason, we will recommend you the most healthy soap. Here are the tricks you need to know to refresh your wooden spoons with soap:
- Place wooden spoons in a bowl.
- Distribute the grated soaps on the spoons as well.
- Add the hot water to the bowl, just above the spoons.
- Wait 30 minutes and run the spoons through the water. Thus, you will destroy the bacteria on the spoons.
Things to consider for long-lasting use of wooden spoons
- First of all, do not throw wooden spoons into the dishwasher. Wooden spoons that enter the machine will be ready to crack.
- Do not use acidic detergents for cleaning. Acidic detergents will lighten the color of wooden spoons and cause them to crack over time.
- Do not leave it in the pot while cooking. During cooking, its structure will deteriorate with the effect of steam and heat.
- Do not keep wooden spoons close to the stove. In a cutlery, you can keep wooden spoons 30 cm from the stove.
- After boiling and cleaning, wait for it to dry. After it is completely dry, you can easily use your wooden spoons.
- Clean your wooden spoons with tomato paste and spice stains by boiling them. You should avoid using harsh detergents such as bleach. Do not forget that these spoons come into contact with food.