How Many Calories in Kefir?
Kefir drink, which is one of the unique parts of our culture with its thousands of years of history, adds health to your health with the vitamins and minerals it contains. This recipe, which dates back to our nomadic times in Central Asia, manages to become a favorite of many people with its unique nutritional content as well as its taste. Kefir, which has a probiotic structure like all other dairy products, is one of the most recommended beverages to be consumed in every age group, young or old.
The kefir drink, which draws attention with its 5000-year- old history, owes its meeting with Europe to the conquests of Attila. During the wars of that period, the fact that the Turkish armies had great resistance to diseases attracted the attention of European scientists. Kefir, which is referred to as the “miracle drink” in the written sources in the region, heals as many of our elders have said.
Kefir how many calories, what are the nutritional values? We answered your questions one by one in this article! How about discovering the miraculous drink together?
How Many Calories in Kefir?
Just like other dairy products, kefir, which is divided into two as full-fat and non-fat, has different calorie calculations according to this feature. Although it is recommended to choose fat-free kefir if you have weight problems or if you are on a diet, it is not a problem to consume full-fat kefir due to its low calorie structure in general.
Here is the list that we calculated the calories of kefir and answered the question of how many calories in plain kefir:
1.1) How Many Calories in Whole Fat Kefir?
Traditionally made kefir has around 3% fat. If you are someone who enjoys consuming fatty dairy products, you can add many vitamins and minerals to your body while having a delicious experience with kefir.
The answer to the question of how many calories in a glass of kefir is as follows:
- 1 cup of full-fat kefir (200 ml): 105 kcal
1.2) How Many Calories in Fat Free Kefir?
If you are someone who avoids consuming fatty products and wants to benefit from the healthy content of kefir, the fat-free kefir drink, which you can find in many markets or delicatessens, will sweeten your mouth. Especially if you have stomach problems due to its digestive structure, kefir will be the only beverage that can come to your body like a medicine. If you do not want your diet to be disrupted while consuming kefir, it would be more accurate to choose the fat-free variety.
The answer to the question of how many calories in light kefir is as follows:
- 1 cup of fat-free kefir (200 ml): 76 kcal
How Many Calories in Fruit Kefir?
In recent years, the kefir beverage, which has attracted attention with its fruity varieties as well as its traditional type, manages to add flavor to its taste. While fruity kefirs are unique in terms of flavor, they lose some of their innocence on the calorie table. Due to the sweetening substances in it, fruity kefir, which contains a high amount of calories compared to its plain type, does not lose anything from its healthy nutritional values.
Therefore, if you have weight problems or do not want to face problems while continuing your diet, fruity kefir drink will be a healthy sweetener for you. The calorie tables of fruit kefirs, which have 3 different types as full-fat, semi-fat and non-fat, are as follows:
- 1 Glass of Full Fat Fruit Kefir (200 ml): 198 kcal
- 1 Glass of Low Fat Fruit Kefir (200 ml): 172 kcal
- 1 Glass of Fat-Free Fruit Kefir (200 ml): 152 kcal
Kefir Nutrition Facts
If you are on a diet, it is useful to remember that kefir drink, which adds flavor to you with its low calorie structure, is healthy in terms of nutritional values. Kefir, which contains high amounts of calcium and phosphorus like other dairy products, directly benefits bone and intelligence development.
In addition, thanks to its probiotic structure, it is recommended to consume this beverage, which relieves your digestion at a high rate, regardless of whether you are on a diet or not. In addition, this drink, which contains vitamins A, D, E, B1, B12, K and PP respectively, provides great support especially during the development of children.
The nutritional value list for a full-fat glass of kefir is as follows:
1 Glass of Water (200 ml)
- Carbs (g) 6.4
- Protein (g) 5.4
- Fat (g) 6.4
- Cholesterol (mg) 26
- Sodium (mg) 100
- Potassium (mg) 300
- Calcium (mg) 240
- Vitamin A (iu) 106
- Vitamin C (mg) 2
- Iron 0.18
Is Kefir Weakening?
- Due to its probiotic structure, kefir is frequently recommended by experts for those who want to lose weight. It is known that consuming a glass of kefir a day makes a great contribution to digestion and excretion.
- Kefir, which has healthy nutritional values in addition to its low-calorie structure, becomes a unique drink for those who want to lose weight.
- For these reasons, it is highly recommended to consume kefir if you do not have any allergies to dairy products.
- However, if you have an active diet, it would be better to get expert opinion and consume it later.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Kefir – You Must Know!
The benefits of kefir, which contains many different vitamins and minerals, do not end with explaining. Kefir, which provides great benefits for development especially when consumed by children and young people, also contributes to people who want to lose weight, as it supports digestion and excretion.
In summary, regardless of your age or consumption purpose, from the moment you drink kefir, you will receive soldiers in your body that support you in many different areas.
Here are the 10 most important benefits of kefir, which are countless:
- Kefir greatly strengthens your immunity thanks to the probiotic bacteria in its content.
- It adds strength to your bone and tooth structure with its magnesium and calcium content.
- Since it regulates the intestinal flora, it provides protection against unwanted conditions such as inflammation and cancer in that area.
- It strengthens the body against cancer as it benefits cell regeneration and healing.
- It helps to lose weight due to its healthy nutritional values and low calories.
- Thanks to the vitamins and minerals in its content, it provides support to the skin.
- It is good for stress because it contains magnesium.
- Due to the nutritional values that relax the body, it is good for sleep and allows the body to rest for a short time.
- It is perfect for stomach ailments such as ulcers and gastritis.
- It purifies the body from toxins due to its nutritional values.