How Many Calories in Avocado? | Avocado Nutritional Value
Avocado; It is a Mexican fruit with green skin and white edible parts. Avocado fruit is a fruit that is superior to many fruits in terms of fat content, calories per kilogram and protein ratio. The fact that the fat rate is high compared to other fruits, many people who want to add avocado fruit to their diet program think, “Does avocado make you gain weight? ‘ brings up the question. However, despite its high fat content, avocado is an easy to digest fruit thanks to the unsaturated fatty acids it contains.
How Many Calories in Avocado?
Avocado fruit, which gives a feeling of satiety for a long time, is among the foods recommended to people who follow a diet program in recent years. Avocado, which has a higher rate of calories compared to other fruits, should be prepared and consumed by dieters in half or one third.
It is an ideal food to be consumed in between meals with its feature that provides fullness for people who follow a diet to lose weight or aim to maintain their current ideal weight. In order to spend one meal of the day with a delicious avocado, it is necessary to choose the ripe fruit.
If purchasing avocados, it is recommended to shop by choosing the soft ones. Many people who are considering losing weight and planning to add avocado fruit to their diet program ask, “How many calories in 1 avocado?” wonders about the answer. Let’s examine the calorie amount of avocado, which is rich in protein, minerals, unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins A, C, E and K, and is a food that helps diet with its satiety feature:
- A 35-gram medium serving of avocado is about 50 calories.
- Half a portion of 70 grams of avocado is about 100 calories.
- The average calorie value of a 1000 gram full portion avocado is 1430 calories.
How Many Calories in Avocado Salad?
Avocado salad, which is among the foods that are found to be beneficial for a meal, especially by people who follow various diet programs with the aim of losing weight, can be made in several different varieties.
- Breakfast avocado salad prepared by combining 2 tablespoons of fresh curd, a large cup of parsley, a medium-sized red pepper, a cucumber, four cherry tomatoes and a boiled egg with half a portion of avocado for breakfast meals is worth 256 calories.
- Tuna avocado salad made by combining 1 small can of low-fat canned tuna, juice of half a lemon, 0.5 pieces of red onion, 1 medium cucumber and half avocado, which can be consumed at lunch, is 305 calories.
- For those wondering how many calories are in half an avocado used in salads, our answer is 100 calories.
It should not be forgotten that avocado fruit helps to eat less and healthy meals by creating a long-term feeling of satiety, not burning calories in diet programs applied for weight loss. Consumption of avocado, by taking the beneficial minerals, vitamins and proteins that should be taken into the body while applying a diet program, supports the body to eat healthy even in small portioned meals.
What Are the Benefits of Avocado?
- Avocado has the ability to prevent the rise of cholesterol in the blood. With this feature, it is among the best natural remedies for healing or prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- It is a helpful food in terms of protecting heart and eye health.
- It strengthens the immune system and is an effective food against the problem of constipation.
- Avocado can neutralize toxic substances accumulated in the body.
- It is an important nutrient in terms of slowing down the aging process and preventing diseases by destroying harmful substances that cause aging.
- The omega 3, vitamins, minerals and proteins it contains are very beneficial for pregnant women and young children to have a balanced and healthy diet.
- It acts as a regulator in the body’s carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism.
- Avocado eliminates vitamin K deficiency in the body.
- It helps the body to fight some types of cancer.
Avocado Nutritional Value and Content
Let’s examine the nutritional values in 1 kilogram of avocado:
- Carbs (g): 43.6
- Protein (g): 6.1
- Fat (g): 114.8
- Cholesterol (mg): 0
- Fiber (g): 97
- Vitamin A (iu): 120
- Vitamin C (mg): 85
- Sodium (mg): 70
- Potassium (mg): 3700
- Calcium (mg): 100
- Iron: 1.4
Does Avocado Lose Weight? Can it be eaten on a diet?
Avocado fruit has positive effects on weight loss indirectly. Avocado alone is not a food that allows you to lose weight and reach the ideal weight. Avocado, in diets and balanced nutrition programs for weight loss, helps the body in the best way to support the body in its difficult weight loss adventure, by undertaking the tasks of regulating circulation, lowering cholesterol, providing adequate protein to the body. In this process, it helps the body to become open to diseases and to prevent being exhausted by unhealthy and inadequate nutrition.
Avocado can be used as a meal in weight loss diets with its feature of keeping it full in terms of the fibers it contains. It can be added to the diet program by using it in various salads and recipes. Since avocado is a fruit with a high calorie content, people who follow a diet and want to lose weight should take care not to consume more than one or half an avocado in a day in order not to exceed the calorie limit.