How Many Calories in Butter? Nutritional Value of Butter
Butter, like other oils, is a type of oil used in cooking and flavoring food. Butter, which is a very delicious transformation of milk, is used in many areas from soup to dessert. The economic value of butter, which is very laborious in its production, is also high. It is known that butter is generally avoided in the way of healthy eating. But when we explain the benefits of butter to you shortly, you may think why you haven’t consumed it before. On this page where we examine the butter calorie information, which is the health secret of the people of ancient times, we will also recommend you to make delicious and full-flavoured butter.
I’m on a diet should I eat butter? How many calories in butter? Can I make my own butter at home? Information that will satisfy all your curiosity is now with you. There are many reasons to keep butter in the fridge. You can pay attention to what is written to get to know butter better!
How Many Calories in Butter?
The reason why cookies are crunchy, the smell of soups, butter, which is the secret of flavor of rice, has a different amount of calories from other fats. Now let’s take a look at the calorie values in butter:
- How many calories in 1 teaspoon of butter: 30 calories
- How many calories in 1 spoon of butter: 113 calories
- How many calories in 100 g of butter: 753
- Butter with the tip of the knife: 30 calories
- 1 teaspoon of butter: 38 calories
- 1 cup of butter: 753 calories
- 1 cup of butter: 1431 calories
- 250 grams of butter: 1883 calories
Butter Nutrition Facts
The nutritional value of butter, which is a type of animal fat, is also high. Doctors recommend that people with high cholesterol consume it in moderation. If you examine the nutritional value table of butter, the following table will attract your attention:
For 100 grams of butter:
- 0.85 grams of carbohydrates
- 0.19 grams of protein
- 83.22 grams of fat
- 191 mg of cholesterol
- 7mg sodium
- 20mg potassium
- 15mg calcium
- 559 iu of vitamin A
- There is 0.09 grams of iron.
Does Butter Make You Gain Weight? Can it be eaten on a diet?
- In a healthy diet, the amount of fat that a person should take during the day is 25% of the energy he spends. Of course, this figure will also affect the health status of the person.
- The fats taken are met from the fats added to the meals and the fats of the foods themselves. If you are following a diet, the type of fat will be as important as the amount of fat you will get.
- Experts have added very different opinions on the place of butter in the diet.
- According to research conducted in England, butter consumption will not cause any harm to the person. They emphasized that those who are afraid of gaining weight can also consume a lot of butter.
- In the discussions on butter in our country, it was stated that people should consume it in moderation, otherwise it would remain as weight in excessive consumption. Butter is a food that divides dieters and nutritionists into two.
- Those who want to lose weight are recommended to consume natural butter instead of margarine.
- Due to its high nutritional value, it will keep the person full. Thus, there will be less pain. If you have fatty foods in your meals, postpone consuming meals with butter.
- When the butter balance is provided and consumed in moderation, weight gain will not be a situation to be afraid of.
- Butter rich in vitamins and minerals should not be included in the diet of people with high cholesterol levels and cardiovascular disease.
What are the Benefits and Harms of Butter?
In order to learn more about the benefits and harms of butter, we have prepared the following list for you. It will be useful to have a look before consuming!
- It is very rich in minerals. It contains chromium, zinc and powerful antioxidants. Butter, which is also consumed as a source of iodine, should be consumed in moderation for a healthy diet.
- Butter contains many vitamins. Thanks to the vitamins it has, it protects eye and heart health.
- Butter is immune friendly. It is effective enough to destroy parasites in the intestines.
- It is a source of antioxidant nutrients. It takes part in the removal of harmful substances in the body. It is protective against the formation of infection. With this feature, it purifies your whole body from harmful substances.
- It is anti-cancer. Butter contains plenty of beta carotene and vitamin A. Therefore, it prevents the formation of cancerous cells.
- It cures stomach and intestinal diseases.
- It maintains bone health. It is stated that people who consume butter experience less calcification problems.
- It has a holding feature. This feature will make dieters happy. Consumption of butter in moderation in meals keeps you full and makes you less hungry.
- Butter is a healthier type of fat when compared to margarine and oil. It is health friendly as it is not a processed oil type.
- Because butter contains iodine, it maintains thyroid balance. This article will draw attention to thyroid disease. The thyroid gland works more healthily in people who consume butter.
- Butter consumed in a salty way can cause edema. When consumed regularly, it can cause weight gain.
- Butter, which is unnatural and contains various additives, threatens health. It poses a challenge to heart and intestinal problems.
- Since it contains sodium, it should be consumed in a controlled manner by blood pressure patients.