8 Herbal Remedies for Viral Infection
Infectious diseases caused by viruses are generally called viral infections. Diseases such as lower and upper respiratory tract diseases, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis, herpes, HIV/AIDS, polio, and rabies are examples of viral infections. These diseases can be seen in almost any age group, from infancy to old age.
Some viral infections are easily overcome, while others may require long-term treatment. Viral infections can occur at any time of the year; however, their incidence is higher during seasonal transitions and in the winter when the weather gets colder. Antibiotics have no place in the treatment of viral infections. Usually, vaccination and antiviral drug treatment are applied.
- Viral infection is a general name given to infectious diseases caused by viruses.
- For those who ask what are viral infections, let’s explain right away! Examples of viral diseases include influenza, common cold, all upper and lower respiratory tract diseases, chickenpox, rubella, warts, herpes, HIV/AIDS, rabies, polio, and hemorrhagic fever.
- Viral diseases are contagious.
- Generally, there is an increase in the incidence of viral diseases during seasonal transitions.
- After the viruses settle in the body, the incubation process begins. After the incubation process is completed, the symptoms of the disease begin to appear.
- While some viral infections such as colds and colds are easily overcome, others may require long-term and heavy treatment.
Viral infection symptoms can be summarized as follows:
- abdominal pain
- Throat ache
- difficulty swallowing
- breathing difficulties
Viral diseases such as colds and flu can be supported with herbal treatments that can be applied at home. But HIV/AIDS, smallpox, etc. For serious diseases, you should consult a specialist doctor and strictly follow the treatment recommended by the doctor.
Antiviral drugs are usually prescribed against viral infections. These drugs, on the one hand, prevent the proliferation of the virus, on the other hand, fight the infection caused by the virus.
For simple viral infections, you can apply herbal treatment methods at home. Here are the herbal solution suggestions for a viral infection that we have compiled for you, which you can easily apply at home…
1) Drink Plenty of Water
- Never forget the saying “Water is life”!
- Drinking water both stimulates the metabolism and helps the body get rid of toxins.
- For a healthy life, do not forget to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
- You can increase this amount a little more during the disease process.
- Keep in mind that beverages such as tea, coffee, fruit juice are never a substitute for water!
2) Have a rest
- Experts recommend resting for at least 3 days, even with a simple cold.
- In this process, be careful not to leave your room in order to accelerate the recovery and not to infect others.
- Viral infections cause serious deformations in the immune system and prevent the healthy functioning of the system.
- The body is completely focused on the disease.
- Therefore, in this process, you should support the immune system by resting until you regain your old strength.
3) Eat Adequate and Balanced Nutrition
- A strong immune system is our most effective weapon against viral infections.
- A weak immune system is unfortunately insufficient to fight viral infections.
- So what is the secret to a strong immune system? Of course, it is a sufficient and balanced diet.
- If you want to balance your immune system, we recommend that you make some changes in your life without wasting time. So what are these changes?
- First of all, you should eliminate refined sugar from your life.
- We also recommend limiting your carbohydrate intake.
- You should take care to include foods of all kinds and colors in your daily diet.
- You should consume lots of fruits and vegetables.
- You should include more zinc-containing foods in your diet.
4) Eat Light Meals During Sickness
- In the disease process, the immune system focuses entirely on getting rid of the disease.
- In this process, consuming fatty and heavy foods confuses the immune system.
- The system gives priority to digesting these nutrients and may be insufficient to fight the disease.
- Therefore, after the disease manifests itself, you should take care to consume plenty of fruits and vegetables and to prefer light foods such as soup until the healing process.
5) Take High Amounts of Vitamin C
- In scientific studies from the past to the present, it has been proven that vitamin C is effective in both preventing and curing viral infections.
- We recommend that you take care to consume foods containing vitamin C regularly every day to strengthen the immune system and prevent diseases.
- Since vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, it is not stored in the body. Therefore, it should be taken regularly every day.
- If you have a viral infection, you can take vitamin C supplements by consulting your doctor. This supplement will help you get over the disease in a short time.
6) Consume Echinacea
- One of the herbs recommended as a natural remedy for viral infection is ecnesia.
- Echinacea reduces the infection caused by these diseases.
- It is effective not only against viruses but also against fungal and bacterial infections.
- Being a powerful antioxidant, this herb strengthens the body’s immune system.
7) For Linden, Apple Peel and Cinnamon Tea
- Made from linden, apple peel, and cinnamon, this tea is one of the recommended herbal teas against both viral and bacterial infections from past to present.
- This tea, which we learned from our grandmothers and grandmothers, relieves the symptoms caused by the disease, especially by relaxing the upper respiratory tract.
8) Get Your Vitamin D Levels Checked
- Vitamin D is one of the vitamins that support the strengthening of the immune system.
- In scientific studies, it has been observed that viral infectious diseases are more severe in people with vitamin D deficiency.
- Therefore, we recommend that you have your vitamin D level checked at certain intervals to strengthen your immune system.
- If you have a vitamin D deficiency, you should use the supplements recommended by your doctor.
- During the disease process, of course, you can use vitamin D supplements by consulting your doctor beforehand.
- There is a point we would like to emphasize here: Do not forget that high levels of vitamin D also create toxic effects in the body! Always consult your doctor before using supplements!
How Many Days Does Viral Infection Fever Last?
- High fever is often the first sign of viral infection.
- In infections caused by viruses, fever can range between 38-40 degrees for the first 3-4 days.
What Causes Viral Infection?
- Viruses that settle in the body for various reasons cause viral diseases.
- These diseases are contagious. It can be easily transmitted through person-to-person contact and droplets.
- Crowded environments are the most dangerous places in terms of contamination.
- During viral infection treatment, the sick person should stay away from crowded environments; It is necessary to take a break from going to work and school.
- The patient’s personal belongings (towels, handkerchiefs, etc.) should not be used by others.
- To prevent contamination, hands should be washed frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.