High Protein Foods: 13 Healthy Foods with High Protein
High Protein Foods. There are 6 food groups that support your body in muscle development and cell repair. These are: fats, vitamins, carbohydrates, minerals, water and protein group. Let’s start this article on the protein group by explaining the protein that everyone has heard of but doesn’t know exactly what it means. Protein; It is the basic building block of muscles. It is also very effective in renewing and repairing cells. It meets almost 15% of the energy needed by the body.
High Protein Foods
- Red meat
- White meat
- Milk and milk products
- Pumpkin seeds
- Dry fig
- Peanut Butter
- Whole Wheat Bread
When you worry about “how to understand High Protein Foods” among quite a lot of foods, a somewhat troublesome process will await you. If you can, you should drip nitric acid on the food. If a yellow color is observed in the food after a while, this food is protein. This is how you can get a clear scientific answer to the question of which High Protein Foods.
Since the body cannot produce protein, it is taken from animal foods. It provides the energy necessary for a healthy body. Considering the High Protein Foods and their functions, it is obvious that it must be included in a healthy diet routine. If you ask what will happen if we do not consume protein-containing foods, first of all, weakness begins in the muscles, then the state of fatigue spreads to the whole body over time and the brain functions may begin to slow down.
If you are wondering what are the protein-containing foods that are vital for every person, here is the list of foods containing plenty of protein that we have prepared for you. The most important question in your mind is whether foods containing protein make you gain weight, do not scare you. It does not make you gain weight in measured consumption, it supports your muscle formation.
13 Healthy High Protein Foods
1) Red Meat
- Among the foods that are a source of protein, it is the food with the highest protein among animal foods.
- For a healthy life, experts recommend consuming red meat twice a week.
- Since it is high in cholesterol, you should pay attention to the amount of consumption.
- There are about 36 calories in 100 grams of low-fat beef.
- In particular, the protein value of lean beef is very high.
2) White Meat
- High Protein Foods include white meat, such as red meat.
- It contains less fat than red meat.
- Chicken, fish, turkey meat are included in this group.
- White meat is often preferred because it is easier to digest.
- Especially turkey meat is a protein source with the least fat among white meats.
Protein-based plant foods are very important , especially for vegetarians and vegans . Added to almost every meal, they provide the protein you need to get throughout the day. They also play an important role in dietary nutrition. Among the vegetable protein sources, those with the highest value are:
- Kidney bean
4) Milk and Dairy Products
- They are the most important foods that support muscle and bone development.
- Dairy products, which contribute to your diet as animal protein sources, are very effective, especially in children of developmental age.
- Cheese, yogurt and milk will provide you with a healthier bone structure.
- There are 10 grams of protein in 1 cup of milk and 15 grams of protein in 150 grams of yogurt.
- Protein-containing foodsare also very valuable for babies in terms of development; milk and dairy products are among the options that can be given to babies.
5) Pumpkin Seeds
- When it comes to High Protein Foods, first of all, general foods such as meat, milk and vegetables come to mind, but there are protein-rich foods among nuts.
- Pumpkin seeds have the highest protein content among dried nuts.
- Care should be taken in consumption because it contains oil.
- Pumpkin seeds, which contain 16 grams of protein per 100 grams, are a source of omega-3 and zinc.
- Almonds, which are cholesterol, heart and immune friendly, are a strong nut in terms of protein value.
- It has a protective function against diabetes.
- It has been stated by the National Cancer Center that it prevents colon cancer.
High Protein Foods include fish species, and it is of great importance for the body that fish are rich in fatty acids as well as containing protein. Fish is a complete source of omega-3s, as it is among the foods containing the most protein. Omega-3 is a mineral that is essential for heart and brain health and is not produced in the body. Fish and seafood rich in protein sources:
- Sea bass
8) Dried Figs
- It is important to pay attention to the protein support required during the day in order not to experience protein deficiency that causes fatigue and hunger.
- Dried figs are among the protein sources your body needs.
- It is beneficial for your health by containing 1.2 protein in 30 grams.
9) Peanut Butter
- It is said that it was produced as an alternative to protein in 1890 and is a complete sports food.
- Peanut butter, which is high in fiber and very suitable in terms of economic value, is a food source that regulates your circulatory system.
- With a history of 7 thousand years, quinoa with high nutritional properties is one of the most popular items in diet and healthy nutrition lists.
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa (185 g) contains 8 grams of protein.
- At the same time, quinoa, which is a high fiber source, provides energy by supporting the development of muscle cells with its vitamin B2 content.
- Broccoli, which is among the foods containing excess protein, which has an important place in diet nutrition, has an important role for your skin, hair and eye health.
- Since it is high in dietary fiber, it is among the foods that you can easily consume in your slimming processes.
- Broccoli, which is among the High Protein Foods, is also recommended for those who experience the onset of osteoporosis.
12) Whole Wheat Bread
- Bread, which has an important place in our table culture, is in the kitchen as saviors that suppress your hunger every hour.
- White bread, whole wheat bread, rye bread and bran bread are the types that are frequently consumed.
- Whole wheat bread should be preferred by those who eat protein-rich foods.
- Its high fiber content will make it easier for you to lose weight.
- It is a type of bread that will not cause swelling in your stomach when you consume it.
- Eggs are among the foods that contain high protein, so especially athletes and bodybuilders benefit from eggs.
- Eggs and all varieties (chicken, quail, goose, duck), which is one of the most valuable foods for human health after breast milk, contain high protein.
- A 50-gram chicken egg contains 6.45 grams of protein.
- In goose eggs, this rate is 6.69 grams,
- In a duck egg, it is 6.9 grams.
- You can safely consume eggs for breakfast or any meal you wish, with different cooking options.