Gluten Free Rice Flour Benefits, Calories and Nutritional Value, Usage
Preferred by mothers for babies, rice flour also heals your skin with baby-like interest and gives the skin shine. It can be consumed as food or used for skin care, nourishing and beautifying the skin.
In addition to all these, rice flour is a food that can be used easily by those with gluten allergy. Especially rice flour recipes replace white flour for those with gluten allergy and are very useful. That’s why rice flour bread made with rice flour is often preferred.
In this article, we answered all your questions about the benefits of rice flour and its consumption in daily life. Delicious recipes that you can prepare with rice flour will also be waiting for you.
What is Rice Flour?
- Rice flour contains only rice.
- Rice flour is obtained by grinding rice.
- It can be bought ready- made or rice flour can be made at home.
- The answer to the question of how to make rice flour at home is quite simple. After the rice is soaked, filtered and baked, it is turned into flour with a rondo.
- There are also varieties of rice flour such as brown rice flour, wholemeal rice flour, white rice flour.
- You can also make many recipes that you prepare using wheat flour with rice flour, moreover, gluten-free!
- Rice flour, which is mostly used in baby foods, has become an indispensable part of gluten-free nutrition routines that have become popular recently.
How to Make Rice Flour at Home?
- The rice is washed well and the dirty water is thrown away.
- The washed rice is drained and laid on a towel.
- When the rice is completely dry, it is poured into the baking tray and given to the oven.
- Rice is kept in a preheated oven at 150 degrees for 3-4 minutes.
- After the rice becomes crispy, it is put into the rondo and ground until it turns into powder.
- The rice that has been turned into flour is sieved against possible rice grains that will remain in it.
- You can also pass the larger rice grains left in the sieve through the rondo again.
- In addition to white rice, wholemeal rice and rice flour can be made.
How to Use Rice Flour Mask? What is the benefit?
It is quite simple to prepare the mask, which is useful for dry skin :
- Mix 3 – 4 teaspoons of rice flour and milk thoroughly until they have the consistency of a mask.
- The mask should have a thick consistency.
- A mask is applied to the thoroughly cleaned face.
- After waiting for 20 minutes, when the mask dries completely, it is washed with plenty of water.
- If you wish, you can also prepare a rice flour mask with natural ingredients such as tomato juice, yogurt, drinking water, lemon juice, olive oil.
- Para aminobenzoic acid in rice flour protects the skin against harmful rays from the sun.
- Rice flour mask, which is very effective to prevent sunspots, allows you to have a healthier skin.
- Rice flour also acts as an exfoliating agent and purifies the skin from dead cells.
- As an alternative to rice flour and milk mask, rice flour yogurt mask can also be made.
- Rice flour apple cider vinegar mask is also a very effective method for drying acne.
- It tightens the pores on the skin that are suitable for dirt collection.
- Thus, the formation of blackheads is prevented and your skin gains a smoother and younger appearance.
- Rice flour mask acts as a color tone equalizer for scars such as sunspots, acne scars, wounds, cuts or darkening on the skin.
What is the Calorie and Nutritional Value of Rice Flour?
- 1 tablespoon of heaped rice flour comes in about 52 calories.
- Although rice flour is beneficial for the skin, it does not have an important nutritional value.
- How many months to give rice flour is one of the most curious questions of mothers.
- If rice flour is to be used for the baby, it is given in addition to breast milk from the 4th month.
- Rice flour can be mixed with water, molasses and cheese to be fed to children aged 7 and over for breakfast.
- For those wondering, does rice flour make you gain weight? Yes it does. The high amount of starch in it facilitates weight gain.
100 Gram Rice Flour Nutrition Facts
- Carbs 80 g
- Fat 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Protein 6 g
- Potassium 76mg
- Magnesium 35mg
- Calcium 10mg
- Sugar 0.1 g
Rice Flour Benefits
- Rice flour is especially beneficial for the skin.
- It purifies the skin from dead cells and clears skin blemishes.
- Consumption of rice flour is also beneficial for keeping full for a long time.
- Does rice flour make you constipated? When consumed too much, rice flour causes constipation problem. Therefore, it is necessary to be careful when consuming.
- Rice flour allergy is almost uncommon.
- Since rice flour does not contain gluten, it does not carry the risk of allergy. Therefore, it is a frequently preferred food for babies.
- It is an alternative to white flour for celiac patients and those on a gluten diet.
- It has a great contribution in infant nutrition for the introduction of the supplementary food period .
- For babies who are at least 6 – 8 months old, formula can be prepared by mixing with milk.
- The long-term satiety feature is valid for babies and adults.
- Thanks to the vitamins and minerals in its content, it is both nutritious and easy to digest.
- Rice flour that tastes better than white flour; You can use it safely in cakes, cookie dough, while preparing pudding and milk desserts.
What Are the Benefits of Rice Flour for Skin?
- Rice flour, especially used by Asian women, is very useful for skin whitening.
- It purifies the skin by exfoliating the skin.
- It reduces acne redness and visibly reduces sunspots.
- It absorbs excess oil from the skin and regulates the pH value of the skin.
- It moisturizes the skin in a healthy way.
- If you have sensitive skin, rice flour honey mask is very useful. The honey in the mask moisturizes your skin and prevents it from drying out. Thus, your skin gets a more lively, bright and healthy appearance.
- Rice flour cream is one of the cream types that can be effective in skin whitening when used regularly.
- Rice flour soap is often preferred by women who take care of their skin.
- Rice flour soap is applied to the face before skin care creams, providing a deep cleaning and purifying the skin from oils.
- If you have a problem with darkening, acne scars or similar staining due to sunburn on your skin, you can find a natural solution to this situation by applying a rice flour mask regularly .
- Rice flour, which is applied to the skin by mixing with materials such as milk, olive oil, yoghurt, and honey , has a moisture-balancing feature.
- Rice flour applied with lemon juice, baking soda or vinegar prevents acne formation by killing microbes on the skin .