Evening Primrose: Care, Benefits, How to Use Its Oil?
The plant world has no end. Every day a new one is added to the world of plants and flowers. It is known that new species exist as a result of researches and changing climatic conditions. Among the plants that provide the continuation of human life, the most colorful flowers draw attention. Among these flowers, “primrose” will be introduced to you through this article.
primrose; It is among the perennial plants. Other known names are spring flower and bear ear. He says “I am here” between the golden yellow and green leaves. It generally grows in Eastern Anatolia in our country. Its botanical name is expressed as “Primula”. There are many varieties of primroses. The most well-known of these are the blue-domed, bird-eyed, orange-flowered, moonlight and bear-ear primroses. Each one is in a different color. It is suitable to be collected in April and May.
The most important detail that stands out among the features of the primrose is its wide usage area. Now let’s continue our article so that you have a little more information!
What Are the Benefits of Evening Primrose?
- The most important effect of evening primrose on your health is that it provides your sleep pattern. If your sleep pattern has changed or deteriorated for various reasons, if you have trouble sleeping as soon as you put your head on the pillow; Primrose will be effective in this regard.
- You can also choose evening primrose to cope with stress. In your tense and tired moments, you should remember the relaxing effect of evening primrose.
- If you are suffering from heart problems, you can use evening primrose for herbal treatment for heart conditions.
- Primrose will be a good choice to eliminate your hemorrhoid complaints.
- The use of evening primrose in people with a new diagnosis of diabetes will prevent diabetes.
- You can add evening primrose to your herbal healing list with its immune system strengthening effect.
- Evening primrose, which is also very effective in cases such as migraine and headache, is preferred for its pain relief feature.
How to Care for Evening Primrose?
If you are growing primroses in your home and looking for care tips to ensure their longevity; Just follow the steps in the list below. Here’s what you need to do to have an evening primrose scent in every corner of your room:
- “Do primroses grow at home?” If you ask, we can say that you can grow with peace of mind. If you keep this sun-loving flower in a sunny area, not directly, your flower will grow healthier.
- In the summer heat, you should water your primrose twice a week. In winter cold, you can water your flower once a week.
- You can choose the irrigation direction over the leaves.
- When watering, if there is any water residue from the previous irrigation, you should pour it. Otherwise, odor and infestation may occur.
- You should make sure that the soil is dry at the time of irrigation. If you re-water damp and wet soil, your flower will soon rot.
- You can grow your primrose in places not exposed to the wind. For this reason, window fronts and doorways will not be healthy places for your flower. The leaves of your wind-blown primrose may fall.
- You can prune your perennial primrose by cutting the dried and rotting branches. But you have to be careful not to damage the main branch.
- You can make your flower grow in more fertile soil by renewing its soil every year like April. You should establish a correct ratio between the pot size and the amount of soil. It may also be a good idea to choose your flower pot one size larger and prepare a more spacious environment.
- You can give a flower vitamin to your plant to support it. According to the conditions of use of the vitamin you have taken, you can apply it to your evening primrose.
- The color change of the evening primrose depends on the environmental factors in which it is found. Temperature is the most important factor that changes its color. Flowers that are white at high temperatures become close to red at low temperatures.
How to Use Evening Primrose Oil?
You can see the effects of evening primrose with evening primrose oil. It will give better results if you use evening primrose oil from the herbalist with the help of a cotton ball.
- You can apply it directly to your painful area. You can massage by pouring 2 or 3 drops of evening primrose oil.
- Evening primrose can eliminate your acne complaints. For this purpose, you can see the effect by adding 2 drops to your skin masks.
- With the evening primrose mask, you can add vitality to your hair as well as protect your skin. You can use a drop or two of evening primrose oil that you add to the shampoo during each shower.
- You can use evening primrose capsules to take vitamin supplements. These capsules, which you will take in consultation with your doctor, are obtained from evening primrose oil.
- It contains Omega-6 that you need to take during the day.
What Are the Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil?
- With evening primrose oil, you can regulate the general hormones in your body. It is an oil rich in omega-6 fatty acids. With this effect, you can eliminate the pain and swelling that occurs during and before the menstrual period with evening primrose oil.
- It plays an active role in making your metabolism work faster.
- Evening primrose oil has a great effect on women who want to get pregnant.
- It also prevents acne and acne formation as it balances your hormones.
- Evening primrose oil, which is also very effective for your hair health, will eliminate problems such as hair loss and dandruff. At the same time, it provides the necessary Omega-6 fatty acid support to your scalp, making it healthier.
- Evening primrose oil will be like a medicine for eczema and various skin problems on your skin. It will prevent dryness and provide moisture balance in your skin.
- It also supports the formation of skin cells.
How to Brew Evening Primrose Tea?
You can drink a cup of evening primrose tea a day to see the miracle effects hidden in the evening primrose. “How is it brewed?” If so, here are the tricks:
- If you are brewing tea from dried leaves, add one teaspoon of dried evening primrose to 1 cup of hot water. After infusing for 10 minutes, you can strain the leaves and drink the tea.
- When you want to brew tea from the root of the evening primrose, parts obtained from the root will come in handy. Add 1 teaspoon of root pieces to 1 glass of hot water. After waiting for 10 minutes, you can remove the roots and drink your tea.
- Evening primrose oil side effects can be seen if you have medications that you use regularly. For this reason, it is recommended that people who use drugs drink evening primrose tea with the approval of the doctor.
What Are the Benefits of Evening Primrose Tea? What Is It Good For?
We have listed the benefits of evening primrose tea, which you will drink 1 cup during the day:
- It is an effective herbal tea to relieve your headaches.
- If you have intestinal problems, if you have not been able to get rid of your constipation complaints, evening primrose tea will be very useful.
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it makes you urinate frequently. Thus, you can easily remove the edema accumulated in your body.
- It allows you to breathe better by relaxing your respiratory tract.
- It is an ideal hot drink to protect heart health.
- It helps to take away stress, anxiety and fatigue.
- It also has anti-hair loss properties.
- It has a structure that balances blood sugar for diabetics.
- It provides fertility in men and women.
- It makes you feel better by eliminating the pains that occur during the menstrual period.