Date Extract: 10 Benefits, How It’s Made
Date Extract: Nutritious, Delicious, Additive-Free!
Dates, which have been a source of healing from the past to the present, were formerly consumed as fruit in Arab countries. Later, date extract emerged for the practical and easy consumption of this fruit.
Date pulp consists of obtaining quality date fruits by cold pressing method without boiling under advanced technological conditions.
What is a Date Extract?
- Date extract does not contain any additives. It is made with natural fruit extract.
- It is delicious and nutritious food. It is among the most preferred fruit extracts.
- Dates contain iron, sulfur, sodium, and calcium. In this respect, it is healthy food.
- This fruit pulp should be stored in a place out of direct sunlight. Since it is a natural fruit extract, it solidifies in the refrigerator.
- One of its important features is that it does not contain refined sugar and can be used instead of natural sugar.
10 Benefits of Date Extract
The benefits of dates do not end with counting, and every day a new benefit emerges. The fact that the date has many benefits and is rich in vitamins has introduced it to the whole world. Thus, many flavors began to be produced from dates.
Date extract is one of them. The benefits of date extract are very high in terms of both the beauty sector and the health sector.
Here are the 10 dates extract benefits we have selected for you:
- Thanks to the vitamin C it contains, date extract helps to accelerate metabolism and strengthen the immune system.
- It reduces the appearance of blemishes on the skin and provides the removal of roughness. It restores moisture to the skin.
- Iron and B vitamins it prevent hair loss. When consumed regularly, it provides revitalization of hair follicles.
- Date Extract is rich in minerals and is a high-energy source of food. It meets the postpartum potassium requirement.
- It has a mind-opening and relaxing effect. Because it meets the basic needs of the brain with phosphorus in it.
- It ensures the regeneration of skin cells and keeps the skin young and dynamic. Prevents wrinkles that occur at a young age.
- People who want to gain weight can gain weight by consuming date extract. Taking a few spoonfuls every day will increase your calorie intake.
- It is good for constipation problems with its fiber content. One teaspoon should be consumed on an empty stomach every day.
- It prevents the weakening of bones thanks to calcium, phosphate, and minerals. It is especially effective against osteoporosis.
- Date extract has a low glycemic index. In this way, people who need to stay away from sugar and do not give up sugar can easily use it. However, it should not be forgotten that it should still be used under the supervision of a doctor.
How to Make Date Extract?
- Date extract is made by crushing fresh persimmon or other types of dates.
- Whichever type of date will be used in its production, that date needs to be matured.
- The consistency of the date pulp is directly proportional to the quality of the fruit.
- It is recommended to choose soft dates during its production.
- You can soak dates that are not soft in hot water.
- First of all, dates should be washed by removing their stems and seeds.
- Washed dates should be cut into two or three slices and passed through a food processor.
- If there is no food processor, it can be made by the crushing method.
- Finally, the dates that become liquid form the date pulp.
What Does Date Extract Do, How Is It Consumed?
- Date Extract is used in dessert decorations. Because it contains enough sugar.
- It is used as a sugar substitute in coffee, milk, and similar beverages. In short, sugar can be added to all required beverages and foods.
- When adding to foods exposed to high heat such as pudding, it is beneficial to add it when it is warm, not while boiling. Thus, there is no decrease in nutritional values.
- It can be consumed by spreading on pancakes and bread for breakfast.
- Date extract is also consumed by drinking for health reasons. However, it has an intense flavor. Those who do not like its intense taste can drink it mixed with milk or water.
When to Give Date Extract to Babies and What Are the Benefits?
Expectant mothers and mothers pay great attention to the healthy nutrition of their babies. At this point, they start to research when date extract is given to babies or what are the benefits of date extract to babies. So, what are the benefits of palm extract and when should babies consume palm extract?
- Date Extract is rich in nutritional values. There is no definite information about when date extract is given to babies. However, in some places, there are those who put date extract in their mouths when the baby is born.
- You can use this fruit extract to provide nutritional support to the baby besides breast milk. It is beneficial to use it in consultation with your doctor.
- Adults can consume 1 tablespoon of date extract before meals, and children can consume 1 teaspoon, which is a food that can be used by everyone from seven to seventy.
- Date extract can be good for babies’ constipation problems.
- Vitamins B1 and B2 in it can offer effective solutions to problems such as sore throat and cough in babies.
- Because it contains phosphorus and calcium, it makes babies more resistant to bone diseases.
- Foods made with date extract can be prepared in a more practical way. However, since it is a sugary food, it should not be used in excess.
- Since it contains fructose and dextrose, it ensures the completion of mother’s milk and balances the diet of growing babies.
Dates Calories and Nutritional Information
Date extract is among the foods frequently used in diets. Those who want to gain weight can easily use this fruit extract in their diet.
Those who want to lose weight can add it to their list as a satisfying taste. However, it is necessary to adjust the dose well. Date extract calories and nutritional values are as follows:
- In 100 g: About 380 calories
- Energy: 1590 kJ
- Saturated fat: 21,000 g
- Carbs: 45.00 g
- Protein: 0.94 g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Potassium: 956mg