What is Condensed Milk, How Is It Made?
When you go to a very experienced patisserie or cafe to take a breather, the taste of the product you ordered does not leave your palate, right? You will wonder what the secret of taste is. We are here to tell you what this mysterious flavor in cakes or some coffees is.
Here, that mysterious flavor will appear as concentrated milk. We will share with you sweetened condensed milk known as concentrated milk and its usage areas. If you want to learn what condensed milk means and to learn about its usage areas, you are at the right place.
After reading our article, you can go to the kitchen and make your own concentrated milk. Because a special recipe for you is on this page. We start with the essence of milk to create a delicious taste in desserts!
What is Condensed Milk?
- Condensed milk means a milk version with a very intense milk taste.
- Condensed milk, which has recently become popular in sweet foods, is a product obtained by boiling the milk for a while and disappearing the water vapor in it.
- The milk, which loses its water vapor, will find its own essence by decreasing its amount a little.
- Extracted milk will appear in the food field as concentrated milk or condensed milk.
- Condensed milk has an important place in many cuisines, especially European ones. By taking place in the recipes of different desserts, it gives both consistency and sugary flavor to the desserts.
- This milk, which is sold as “condensed milk” in European markets , has become a key ingredient for cakes and puddings.
Condensed Milk Recipe: How to Make
This recipe will come in handy when you want to try condensed milk, which has just arrived in Turkey, at home. When you try the recipe, you will realize that the flavor and consistency you seek in your desserts is hidden here. In response to the question of how to make condensed milk , the ingredients are also very practical!
Here is how to make condensed milk that you need to follow step by step :
- 1 liter of milk (equal to 5 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 packet of vanilla crushed vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of pure butter
- Choose a pot that measures more than 1 liter and pour your milk into it.
- Start boiling over medium heat so that the milk does not burn.
- After a few minutes, add the vanilla to the milk.
- When you smell the vanilla, add the sugar.
- Let all the ingredients mix and let the milk thicken on low heat.
- The mixing process will take approximately 60 minutes. In the meantime, be careful not to burn your milk.
- Take the thickened milk from the stove. Add the butter after removing it from the stove and melt it in the warmth.
- Your concentrated milk that you will use for various purposes has been prepared! You can store it in a jar and keep it airtight.
How to Use Condensed Milk?
- You can use condensed milk in any dessert with milk. Especially desserts made with condensed milk will always leave an unforgettable taste on the palate. It is an indispensable product in creamy hot drinks, cream cakes and desserts such as cakes. While adding consistency to the dessert it is added to, it also adds a different aroma.
- If you say how long the condensed milk will last, it is recommended to consume within 4-5 days after the lid is opened for packaged products. The average holding time is the same for homemade condensed milk.
- You can make pudding, coffee, brownie cake, fruitcake and wet cake with the condensed milk you make at home. You can also drizzle over these desserts and consume it as a sauce. Adding condensed milk can be a good idea when you want to prepare a thick floury food. Worth a try for all the delicious desserts!
- Making chocolate with condensed milk also gives delicious results. What you need for this; It is condensed milk, butter, granulated sugar, vanilla and cocoa! You can find the recipe on our website 🙂
- Making ice cream with condensed milk is also possible with the Cenk Sönmezsoy recipe, with a smooth consistency!
- Cook 400 grams of condensed sweetened milk, 3/4 glass of whole milk and 3/4 glass of cream in a saucepan until it reaches a boiling point.
- Then add 170 grams of dark chocolate, 1/4 cup of cocoa, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to the mixture you take from the stove and mix.
- Open 5 teaspoons of cornstarch in a separate bowl with 2 tablespoons of cold water and add it to the mixture.
- Return the entire mixture to the stove and mix for 8-10 minutes. You can also add some filtered Turkish coffee at this time.
- After the mixture has cooled, put a cling film on it and leave it in the fridge for 1 night, the next day, feed the crust formed on the top into the mixture with a spoon, stretch it again and leave your ice cream in the freezer for 7-8 hours.
- Your ice cream is ready, bon appetit!