Celery Nutrition Facts: How Many Calories in Celery?
Celery is one of the healthy vegetables that can meet approximately 25% of the body’s daily water needs and is known to have hundreds of benefits. Consisting of roots and leaves, celery belongs to the food group called “parsley”. According to the studies carried out by experts from all over the world, it is known that celery has even been used as a medicine in the past. Celery stalks and leaves can also be consumed with the vegetable. Celery leaves are dried in some places, turned into a spice and used in cooking.
So, how many calories are in celery, which eliminates water loss in the body, helps you fight diseases by increasing body resistance, and can solve stomach problems?
How Many Calories in Celery?
One serving of celery is only 42 calories. Since celery is low in calories, it is also frequently used in diet meals.
- While there are 42 calories in 100 grams of celery,
- There are 168 calories in 400 grams (one plate) of celery.
Celery is a very hearty vegetable. By consuming plenty of celery, you can both fill your stomach completely and maintain your calorie balance without disturbing your diet. At the same time, you can provide the energy you need throughout the day.
How Many Calories in Celery with Olive Oil?
Celery with olive oil has a slightly higher caloric value than plain celery.
- Due to the olive oil it contains, a serving (422 grams in a medium plate) of celery is 220 calories.
- There are 104 calories in 200 grams of olive oil celery meal.
Compared to other types of food, the calorie amount of celery with olive oil is quite low. In this respect, celery is a healthy food that you can consume every day.
How Many Calories in Meat Celery Meal?
The meaty celery dish, which is quite delicious, is a protein-rich dish.
- One serving of seasoned meat celery (200 grams) contains 105 calories.
- The calorie amount of a medium bowl of meaty celery dish is only 79 calories.
- 1 tablespoon of meaty celery meal is 8 calories.
How Many Calories in Celery Salad?
- 205 grams of celery salad has 123 calories.
- Celery salad, which is a vitamin K store, provides you with 75 calories when half a plate of 125 grams is consumed.
If you have a high cholesterol problem, you can make this problem a thing of the past by consuming plenty of celery salad. Celery, hence celery salad contains high amounts of potassium. Potassium is an effective mineral in matters such as balancing blood pressure in the body, balancing acid-base ratios, and healthy functioning of muscle and nerve tissues.
How Many Calories in Celery Soup?
- Celery soup yields 67 calories when consumed in one scoop.
1 scoop of celery soup is approximately 150 milliliters. Celery soup, which you can consume at every meal, is rich in vitamin K and contains dense fiber. Thanks to this feature, it can alleviate and heal stomach and digestive problems.
Celery Nutrition Facts
The nutritional values of 1 serving of 100 grams of celery are as follows.
- Calories (kcal) 42
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g
- cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 100mg
- potassium 300mg
- Carbs 9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugar 1.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
- Vitamin A 0 IU
- Vitamin C 8mg
- Calcium 43mg
- Iron 0.7 mg
- Vitamin D 0 IU
- Vitamin B6 0.2mg
- Cobalamin 0 µg
- Magnesium 20mg
Is Celery Weight Loss or Eaten on a Diet?
- Celery is an extremely suitable food for consumers who are on a diet. So much so that today, even the diets known as the celery diet are applied.
- As mentioned above, the calorie values of celery are quite low. However, it is a very filling food.
- This feature of celery keeps dieters full and prevents them from consuming more food.
- The weakening effect occurs at this stage. However, it has not yet been conclusively proven whether celery has a direct slimming effect.
- According to some dietitians and experts, celery has the effect of reducing weight problems thanks to its low calorie content.
What Are the Benefits of Celery, Do You Know?
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to remove inflammation and edema from the body.
- It provides solutions to problems such as heartburn and heartburn by regulating stomach acid.
- Since it is a liquid-rich food, it has a healing effect on skin problems.
- It prevents the formation of high blood pressure disease and can reduce high blood pressure to normal levels.
- Thanks to its antioxidant feature, it cleans the harmful bacteria stored in the liver.
- It is one of the healthiest types of vegetables for people on a diet.
- It is also observed that it has positive effects on oral health.
- Celery, which contains high levels of calcium, strengthens children’s bone structures and contributes to the growth process.
- Celery can also be used to make skin masks.