Can I wash the refrigerator with vinegar: a safe solution and washing instructions
Every good housewife should know how to wash the inside of the refrigerator so that there is no smell. All household members are obliged to monitor the hygiene of the refrigerator. The health of each of them depends on its purity. We will acquaint you with the nuances of cleaning it, the rules for storing food in it, with methods and means that help maintain the hygienic conditions of a household appliance.
You do not need to use detergents to get rid of odors from your kitchen appliance. It is enough to put one of the products that suck in unpleasant odors on the shelf in the refrigerator, and the repulsive odor in it will disappear.
How to wash the fridge inside from the smell
There are many options. If you put salt or sugar in a container and leave them open in the refrigeration unit, then these products will absorb the unpleasant aroma of many products.
- Instead of salt and sugar, you can take an open jar of ground coffee or crushed activated charcoal tablets.
And lemon, spicy herbs: celery, basil, tarragon, thyme will not only take away nasty odors, but also give the refrigeration device an exotic aroma.
- Pieces of black bread scattered in several places of the kitchen appliance will pick up odors that irritate the nervous system of the household.
- Apples and a branch of juniper will also have a refreshing effect on the overall health of the refrigerator.
- To avoid odors in the refrigerator, you can pour the baking powder into a clean, dry plate and put it on the shelf next to it.
Put half a cut apple in a cup. Baking powder and apple absorb unpleasant odors. To prevent the disgusting smell from reappearing, change the baking powder every two weeks.
How to wash a new refrigerator inside before turning it on
You came to the store to buy a refrigerator. They opened the door, and a heavy plastic smell comes from it. It is better not to buy such a refrigerator.
If it smells like aromatic agents, then the sellers tried to remove this smell. Also, do not buy such a unit. Having chosen the device, you have brought it home.
The questions arise: “Do I need to wash the new refrigerator inside?”, “How to wash the new refrigerator inside?”
You can wash the refrigeration unit after purchase with chemical agents, which must be diluted with water, depending on the instructions:
- Apply to all parts of the refrigerator,
- then rinse thoroughly with water,
- wipe with a clean dry towel,
- ventilate for several hours.
You can use cleaning pastes for kitchen units that do not contain abrasives. Powder cannot be washed, as it will scratch the plastic.
If you are afraid of using chemical products to care for it, use baking soda diluted with water. Sponge the product inside the refrigerator, then rinse with water, dry with a towel. Ventilate your home cold factory for several hours from foreign odors.
How to defrost a home glacier
First of all, unplug the power outlet.
Remove food from the freezer and refrigerator, place in a cool place. In winter, there is such a place on the balcony, in summer it is under -conditioned.
Pots with the first or second course can be placed in cold water to prevent the soup or cabbage soup from spoiling. Pour water into a bath or basin.
We place pots with food in it so that cold water touches half of the pan. So the cooked will not be lost. You can put food in a closed container that does not allow heat to pass through.
Remove all plastic and glass shelves from the refrigerator.
Remove the drawer only after pulling all the products out of it, otherwise the glass drawer may crack or break from their weight.
Wash them with soap or dish detergent. Rinse with warm water, wipe dry.
Defrosting the refrigerator
You cannot pick the refrigerator with a knife, it can be scratched. Do not use any means that help to quickly defrost the refrigerator. Do not put a pot of hot water in the freezer or under the freezer, otherwise the freezing system will deteriorate.
- The refrigerator must defrost naturally, by itself, without anyone’s help.
- If the ice layer in the freezer is more than 5 mm, then you need to remove it with a plastic spatula, which should be included with the refrigerator.
- Do not remove ice with metal objects in the freezer, as they can damage the surface of the freezer. Remove water with a plastic spatula or absorbent material
- The hostess should only remove thawed ice or melted water. It is imperative to remove it, otherwise rust may appear in the refrigerator from melt water.
How to properly wash the inside of the refrigerator after defrosting
And now you will find out how to wash the inside of the refrigerator after defrosting.
Pour water into a bowl of water, take the soap, dissolve it in water, add a tablespoon of baking soda to a liter of water. Instead of baking soda, you can use vinegar (3 tablespoons per liter of water.)
We clean the walls of the refrigerator with a solution, wipe dry. We will ventilate thoroughly.
What product should not be used to wash the inside of the refrigerator?
Do not use abrasive pastes, aggressive agents, acids, alkalis, dishwashing detergents.
Rules for storing food in the refrigerator
How correctly and accurately you store food in the refrigeration unit will determine how long they will retain their fresh appearance and useful qualities.
One of the most important rules for storing food in the refrigerator is their correct positioning on the shelves:
- Dairy products need to be placed on the upper shelf, fish and meat have found their place on the lower, coldest shelf.
- Vegetables and fruits are stored in the drawer at the bottom.
- The warmest place in the refrigerator is the door. Dairy products and cheese cannot be stored here, because they will quickly deteriorate in this place.
Finished products should be stored in special containers or enamel containers. If there are no containers, then you need to wrap the food in cling film or foil.
By tightly wrapping the products, you will not allow the smells to mix and will preserve the appearance, nutrients and vitamins in them for a long time. You should also be aware that raw food and ready-made food cannot be stored nearby, as they absorb each other’s smells.
Perishable meat and fish. Therefore, you cannot store them with other food. Disease-causing bacteria and germs can infect it.
Vegetables and fruits should be kept in separate containers because they negatively affect each other, accelerating the decay process.
Food supplies such as smoked products and cheeses, sausages and vegetables, fruits cannot stand each other. Salads, fruits and fish should not be stacked side by side, because they deteriorate faster, negatively affecting each other.
The multiplied bacteria in one product are quickly transmitted to another, an infection occurs, which will subsequently adversely affect the health of the residents.
Sausage and cheese should be in paper bags that allow the food to breathe.
In the area where vegetables and fruits are located, it is advisable to have a special antibacterial mat. It creates an additional layer of air that can improve ventilation. This method will create an opportunity to preserve the exquisite fresh taste of fruits, their indescribable smell for a long time.
It is undesirable to store canned jars in the refrigerator, they can explode, harm its cleanliness and infect food.
In addition, a large accumulation of cans will disrupt ventilation in the refrigerator, which will lead to a breakdown in the temperature regime, to the death of other products.
Some refrigerators have a zero compartment. The temperature in it is lower than in the entire refrigerator. Therefore, vegetables, fruits, fish, and meat can be successfully stored there. Perishable foodstuffs will preserve their freshness and pleasant taste there.
The right refrigerator. Caring for him.
Every day you need to sort out the products, throw away the spoiled ones. There is a risk of contamination of other foods. Low-quality food in the refrigerator can make everyone in the family sick.
If something is spilled in the refrigerator, then the liquid must be wiped off immediately. Wipe down the refrigerator daily with a water and soda solution.
If you drop something in the refrigerator and forget to wipe it off, the stains may dry out. To quickly remove them, you need to drip lemon juice on it, wait a little and wash with a clean cloth.
If the stains are greasy, then soak them with water, and the Liquid appears due to an excess of water in the tray, into which the liquid from the drain enters.
If the drain is clogged, the refrigerator cannot be used, it may burn out. You need to clean the drain with a brush. The amount of water in the drain should be checked once a quarter. If the water stagnates, an unpleasant odor appears.
It is also necessary to wash the seal, because crumbs, food residues accumulate on it, it can become moldy or stick. If the rubber gasket sticks strongly, do not tear off, you can grease it with vegetable oil so that the door opens and closes well.
From time to time, the sealant can be sprinkled with talcum powder, wiped with a solution of soda, vinegar or citric acid.
The back wall of the refrigerator should be greased with glycerin so that the ice does not freeze. The dust from the back of the refrigerator also needs to be removed: you can use a vacuum cleaner or a brush, because dust increases energy costs.
If you suddenly turn off the light, and there are a lot of products in the freezer, then put a metal object in it, preferably copper, and they will not quickly defrost. Place the refrigerating device away from gas and electric stoves, from radiators.
The refrigerator should be located 5 cm further from the walls so that there is free air circulation. Otherwise, the compressor may overheat. Do not allow the refrigerator to be clogged to the limit, lack of air circulation can cause damage to the unit from overload, because it will not be able to cool such a huge amount of food.
The better to wash the refrigerator inside:
- You can use a special product for cleaning and disinfecting refrigerators.
- Ammonia can be used to wipe down glass shelves.
Do not put food hot in the refrigerator!
We told you how to clean the inside of the refrigerator so that there is no smell. We shared our experience of proper defrosting from the cold, as well as placing food in the refrigerator.
Now you know that if the refrigerator is not looked after carefully and carefully, it can quickly break down, and spoiled food will harm your health.
We hope that you will follow the refrigerator care rules and pay more attention to it despite your busy schedule. behind the refrigerator and will pay more attention to it despite your busyness.
2 easy ways to clean your refrigerator with vinegar with your own hands
Washing the refrigerator seems like a simple task only at first glance. In fact, getting rid of stubborn, stubborn dirt and foul odors is not as easy as it seems.The most common vinegar will help prevent the spread of bacteria, prevent the growth of mold, and remove unpleasant odors and stains . In this article, we will show you how to keep your device clean without resorting to expensive household cleaning products.
Absolutely all refrigeration devices, including no-frost systems, are subject to washing. Even if the refrigerator does not require defrosting, it is imperative to keep it clean and wash it regularly. How often to wash the device, each housewife decides for herself, but it is recommended to carry out a general cleaning of the chamber at least once a month.
Wipe down accessible surfaces every week.
In order to carry out high-quality general cleaning, the device must first be prepared:
- Disconnect the device from the mains.
- Move the refrigerator away from the wall to gain access to the rear wall of the unit.
- Remove all food, frozen food and ready meals from the refrigerator and freezer.
- Conduct an audit of all provisions, getting rid of expired and spoiled semi-finished products, vegetables and fruits.
- Free the device from all removable shelves and trays.
- Move all cans, containers and other items to be washed closer to the water tap.
- If there is ice in the refrigerator, let it thaw for a few hours. The device of the no-frost system is available for cleaning immediately after disconnecting from the network.
Important! All the nuances of defrosting and cleaning the refrigerator should be indicated in the instructions for the device. Therefore, before carrying out work, read the documentation.
How to wash the inside of the smell?
Bad smell is the main problem with any refrigerator . The reason for the “aromas” is not only spoiled food, but also unscrupulous care of the unit chamber. If you do not remove drips, stains, crumbs from the shelves and walls in time, unpleasant odors will not keep you waiting.
Table vinegar works well with the problem – alone or in combination with baking soda.
Detailed instructions on how to clean the refrigerator so as not to smell is in this article.
We use an aqueous solution
The main useful property of vinegar is disinfectant. Thanks to its acetic acid content, it destroys up to 90% of bacteria, viruses and mold – the main culprits of unpleasant odors.
Another beneficial property of vinegar is dust mite control . Therefore, everyone suffering from dust allergies can adopt a detergent.
The refrigerator is washed not with pure vinegar, but with its aqueous solution:
- Water at room temperature is mixed with vinegar in a 1 to 1 ratio.
- The resulting solution is moistened with a sponge or cloth.
- Wipe all accessible surfaces of the apparatus with a sponge – inside and outside.
- Without rinsing the solution, leave it for a couple of hours so that it “corrodes” all the dirt well.
- After the specified time has elapsed, the surfaces are treated with a damp sponge, all dirt is removed and wiped dry with a dry cloth.
By the way, with the help of vinegar, you can clean the microwave from burning and yellow spots.
Sodium bicarbonate, or simply baking soda, is an effective cleaning agent on its own. It works like a mild abrasive to remove stains and impurities. But at the same time, it does not create scratches, leaving the enamel or metallized coating of the refrigerator clean and smooth.
In combination with vinegar, soda enhances its beneficial effect, acquiring disinfecting, deodorizing, cleaning and refreshing properties . When baking soda and vinegar are combined, a chemical reaction occurs with the release of large amounts of carbon dioxide, which effectively removes stains and relieves stench.
Only white table vinegar is suitable for cleaning. Wine and apple cider vinegar are not used for this purpose – they leave behind colored marks.
Due to the increased foam, it is recommended to prepare a soda-vinegar solution right above the sink :
- Pour a third cup of vinegar, half a liter of water into a large spray bottle and add 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Tighten the spray bottle – the product is ready.
- The solution is sprayed onto a rag or sponge, and then wipe the dirty surfaces.
- If the stains are old, the solution can be left on the surface for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with a wet cloth and wipe dry.
Another use is to treat surfaces with a vinegar solution, and then rub the stains with a soda gruel.
You should first make sure that your refrigerator model is not prohibited from washing with bicarbonate.
A solution of baking soda and vinegar can help fight mold in the refrigerator.
Everything is important in washing the refrigerator, including the procedure. Step-by-step instruction:
- Soak shelves, stands, trays and boxes in a large container with soapy water.
- Clean the outside of the rear wall of the refrigerator from dust with a brush or vacuum cleaner. Remove condensate from containers if necessary.
- Using a sponge or damp cloth, wash all interior surfaces of the main compartment and freezer compartment. You should linger in corners and hard-to-reach places where bacteria and mold like to live.
- Clean the drain hole, which is often the main source of bad odor. The canal is flushed with a cleaning or disinfectant solution using a medical bulb or a large syringe.
- Clean the outer surface with baking soda, vinegar or any other household chemical. You can complete the process with a glass cleaner.
- Wipe the sealing gum with an old toothbrush and toothpaste or baking soda. Do not pull on the seal too much, otherwise it will deform and no longer maintain the tightness of the chamber.
- Wipe all cleaned surfaces dry with a clean cloth.
- Wash soaked containers and shelves, wipe dry and put in place.
Odors will not appear if the refrigerator is kept clean on a regular basis:
- immediately wipe off stains, spilled liquids, spilled food;
- clean the back wall of condensation;
- keep opened soft bags with milk and other liquids in special vertical containers;
- defrost food in a separate wide bowl so that melt water does not drip onto the shelves;
- store only dry jars and containers;
- regularly sort through the contents and throw away any missing food;
- store dishes in closed containers or wrap with cling film;
- once a week, wipe the walls and shelves with a cloth soaked in soapy water;
- cover containers for vegetables with polyethylene, which will be easy to replace in case of contamination;
- after a general wash, if possible, leave the door open so that the odors disappear completely (do not turn on the device).
You might be wondering how to get rid of the slow cooker odor.
A variety of handy tools that absorb odor well will help to refresh the space of the refrigerating chamber. They are laid out on shelves or kept in bowls.
What can be used:
- sliced black bread;
- crushed activated carbon tablets;
- a large portion of baking soda;
- wedges of fresh lemon (or any other citrus);
- gauze bags with rice or sugar;
- tea bags or homemade herbal tea sachets;
- vanilla extract in powder form.
Do not delay washing the refrigerator, waiting for the appearance of unpleasant odors .
The more thoroughly you keep your device clean and the more frequently you do maintenance cleaning, the longer you won’t need a general cleaning.
Washing the refrigerator: means for proper cleaning than washing outside and inside
It is impossible to imagine storing food at home without a refrigerator. The technique keeps food fresh and makes it possible to visit stores less often in order to replenish stocks of provisions. To prevent products from acquiring unpleasant odors, you need to figure out how to properly wash the refrigerator, and then follow the schedule of preventive measures.
Reasons to wash your refrigerator
The refrigerator compartment needs emergency treatment in two cases:
- new equipment must be washed before the first start;
- if food deteriorates in the refrigerator compartment, it must be washed.
It is important to clean the shelves, walls and compartments of the chamber on a regular basis in order not to bring to the general cleaning:
- every day you need to check and, if necessary, remove the resulting stains or streaks;
- once a week, you should disconnect the refrigerator from the network for no more than half an hour, during which you need to have time to unload the camera, wipe the shelves and return the food to its place;
- It is a good idea to wash the chamber thoroughly on a monthly basis, choosing a day when there is little food left.
Neglect of preventive cleaning can lead to the formation of unpleasant odors from the chamber and make the refrigerator a breeding ground for bacteria, in advanced cases – mold and fungi that are dangerous to health.
When deciding how to wash the refrigerator, you need to approach the issue comprehensively:
- special means for removing complex contaminants;
- devices to maintain cleanliness.
The hostess’s “workplace”, who is going to refresh the refrigerating chamber, should be equipped with:
- a bucket, basin or plastic cup filled with warm water;
- double-sided sponge with surfaces of different hardness;
- cloth napkins;
- paper towels;
- gloves to protect the skin from harsh cleaners.
When choosing how to wash the refrigerator, you need to either choose a purchased product that is suitable for the composition and budget, or resort to folk recipes. They are classified by purpose.
From an unpleasant smell
Home remedies for cleaning the refrigerator to eliminate the plume of unpleasant odors:
- A solution of vinegar essence. This composition, prepared in a one-to-one ratio with cold water, helps to destroy amber and ensure sanitization of harmful microorganisms. It is better to use vinegar to finish cleaning in the refrigerator. At the same time, the classic essence has a greater antibacterial effect, and apple or fruit vinegar better aromas the storage space.
- Coffee grounds. Sleep coffee diluted with water is good for cleaning shelves and compartments. After processing, they will be fragrant with an invigorating drink. But there is a nuance: you need to work with coffee quickly in order to minimize the risk of staining white plastic surfaces, the appearance of yellowness.
- Leftover apple cider. You can wipe the compartments with water mixed with a low-alcohol drink (a spoonful of cider per liter of water). It will be enough to dry the elements with a paper towel.
- Lemon juice. It works similarly to vinegar, but the smell is more pleasant for most people. In a glass of water, you will need to squeeze half a lemon fruit or dilute a teaspoon of citric acid. The composition also does not need to be washed off with water, it is enough to get wet with clean napkins.
Advice! In order for the effect after deodorization of the refrigerator compartment to last longer, tablets of activated carbon can be decomposed on the shelves, they will absorb aromas.
From the dirt
Having chosen how to wash the refrigerator so that there is no smell, you must first remove dirt from all corners of the chamber. For this, the hostesses use:
- Baking soda. This powder, which is almost always found in the kitchen, will help disinfect and whiten the shelves. For a preventive wash, it is enough to dilute a couple of tablespoons in a glass of water, treat the inside of the refrigerator with a sponge soaked in the composition, then wash all the shelves. For old pockets of dirt, a soda paste is suitable. She needs to wipe the lesions and leave for a quarter of an hour. Then wash thoroughly.
- Laundry soap. Its shavings, diluted with hot water, are a versatile folk remedy for removing stains in the house. For the refrigerator, the soap needs to be thoroughly foamed, then dipped in a sponge and generously soaped on the surface. After a quarter of an hour, you can rinse with water and wipe dry.
- Toothpaste or powder. It is important that they are prepared according to a classic recipe without additives, dyes, or aromatic substances. You need to apply a paste or powder for general cleaning on a foam sponge; for local removal of stains, you can use an old toothbrush. It is important to remove the glass shelves and metal racks from the chamber in order to rinse them in running water, otherwise a whitish coating may form.
Advice! In order not to produce a large amount of products in the kitchen, you can wash the refrigerator with a solution of dishwashing liquid. But it is extremely important to completely rinse it off after processing so that surfactants from chemistry do not get on food.
From mold and stains
There are also special-purpose products that are used in advanced cases, when mold has settled in the corners of the chamber or stains are not displayed with standard compounds.
When deciding how to wash the refrigerator in such a situation, you should pay attention to two pharmacy compositions:
- Hydrogen peroxide. It attacks moldy foci until it is completely destroyed. It is necessary to dilute the pharmacy liquid with water in equal proportions; you can additionally activate the composition with a tablespoon of vinegar solution. The lesions should be covered with a quick-reaction compound for fifteen to twenty minutes, then an abrasive sponge should be applied and the surfaces should be washed with particular care.
- Ammonia solution. The ammonia is designed to fight ingrained foci of dirt and drips. But under no circumstances can it be used directly from the vial. It is necessary to dissolve one part of ammonia in ten parts of pure water, apply to the hearths, and stand for half an hour to 40 minutes. After the chemical reaction is over, the composition must be washed off with water and the refrigerator must be ventilated until it is turned on for at least two hours. It is useful to leave the camera open overnight.
Note! When using chemical reagents from a pharmacy or aggressive commercial products, be sure to protect your hands with gloves, and your throat and nose with a cloth mask. Work with chemistry is only allowed in a well-ventilated area.
Step-by-step instructions for washing the refrigerator
To carry out a high-quality general cleaning of the refrigerator, you need to follow the instructions and follow the four major steps to cleanliness in sequence.
At the first stage, the unit must be disconnected from the network, opened and unloaded. If the function of separate on and off is not implemented in a two-compartment refrigerator, cleaning should also be carried out with the freezer along with the refrigerator compartment. Similar rules apply to it, with one difference: the freezer thaws longer.
The following algorithm will help you to unfreeze the cameras correctly:
- unload products;
- remove all removable parts (shelves, swelling, containers, drawers and grates);
- substitute a container for collecting water, let it thaw at room temperature.
Note! Defrosting can be accelerated by gentle methods: blowing a fan or a saucepan with hot water placed inside the vacated chamber. It is strictly forbidden to install electrical appliances inside the refrigerator and try to break off pieces of ice with sharp objects. If there is a know-frost function, the camera can be simply turned off.
the washing up
While the chambers of the unit are thawing, it is important to decide how to wash the refrigerator inside and out. The choice of detergents depends on the situation and how dirty the space is. The first step in any case should be “bathing” the removable parts. It is more convenient to carry out it in a bath with the use of detergents and cleaning compositions. While the shelves and grates are dry, you need to return to the refrigerator itself.
Advice! When choosing how to wash a new refrigerator before using it for the first time, it is better to focus on weak disinfectant and deodorant solutions, water with soda and lemon juice are well suited.
When deciding how to wash the refrigerator inside after defrosting, you need to assess the state of the chamber: are there streaks on the walls, drops of fat, stagnant spots, are the surfaces affected by mold or fungus, how bad the smell inside the chamber is. Based on this, one or more agents are selected to combat pollution and aromas. They are applied consistently. Procedure:
- removal of local pollution;
- general cleaning and disinfection;
- combating odors.
A popular and simple way: first, the stains are treated with hydrogen peroxide, then the space is washed with laundry soap, rinsed, and at the final stage the refrigerator inside is rubbed with lemon juice diluted with water.
- it is better to wash plastic surfaces with napkins or a soft sponge;
- with regular maintenance, it is enough just to rinse the inside of the refrigerator with a weak aqueous solution of soda;
- streaks and streaks must first be soaked with water, then washed with abrasive products.
Important! Parts removed from the refrigerator must be brought to room temperature before washing in hot water so that they do not crack from temperature extremes.
Having decided how to wash the refrigerator inside, it is important not to forget about the front side of the equipment. The facades must be wiped off fingerprints, streaks and dust. It is better to do this when the washed chamber dries up. Especially carefully you need to monitor the rubber seals, in which bacteria can multiply. Elastic bands, like the refrigerator compartment, are best treated with vinegar.
After washing, all parts and surfaces must be wiped dry. Paper towels or absorbent dry cloths are suitable for this. Procedure:
- First you need to dry the inside of the camera.
- At the second stage, it is necessary to return all removable parts to their places, after wiping them dry.
- Then you need to load the food, turn on the refrigerator.
- At the final stage, it is worth wiping the facades of the operating unit with napkins.
After these simple steps, the refrigerator will be clean and fresh from all sides.
For preventive purposes, it is necessary:
- monitor the cleanliness of the dishes that are placed in the refrigerator (it is better to first clean the dirt with napkins, paying special attention to the bottom);
- do not allow overdue storage in the refrigerator;
- put food in containers, bags, jars with lids.
The correct completion of cleaning in the refrigerator will be aromatization. Inside the chamber, you need to place ready-made fresheners for the refrigerator or odor absorbers prepared according to folk recipes. You can get rid of aromas:
- brown bread crusts;
- activated charcoal tablets;
- vases with citrus peels;
- coffee beans;
- lemon pulp;
- sprigs of fragrant herbs.
If you wish, you can create a good fragrance composition by combining several ingredients to make the refrigerator smell special.
Knowing how to clean the refrigerator, and observing the conditions, you can extend the life of the unit and not worry about both the freshness of the food and the freshness in the house.
How to clean the refrigerator and how to get rid of the smell
Refrigerator care is a separate “article” of the household. Food is stored here, and therefore washing this “breadwinner” should be especially careful.
Wash the fridge with vinegar and baking soda
It is recommended to wash the refrigerator more often, without waiting for unpleasant odors and stubborn stains to appear. In addition, food should be stored in tightly closed containers. It is best to use natural liquid products to remove dirt and odors.
- So, I wash the fridge with vinegar and baking soda.
- Recipe number 1.
- You will need: 100 ml of vinegar.
Cooking method. Add table vinegar to 100 ml of water.
Application. When washing the refrigerator with vinegar, to remove various contaminants, the walls of the refrigerator must be wiped with a sponge soaked in the resulting solution.
Recipe number 2.
You will need: 2 tbsp. l. baking soda.
Cooking method. Add baking soda to 500 ml of water.
Application. To remove various contaminants, the walls of the refrigerator must be wiped with a sponge soaked in the resulting solution. Then wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
If we wash the refrigerator with baking soda, we not only remove fatty deposits, but also disinfect the surface.
Recipe number 3.
You will need: 2 tbsp. l. lemon juice, 2 tbsp. l. lemon zest.
Cooking method. Add lemon juice to 500 ml of water.
Application. To wash the refrigerator, you need to moisten a rag in the solution and wipe the walls inside and out. Then, to eliminate unpleasant odors, put the lemon zest in a saucer and put inside for 3-4 days.
Recipe number 4.
You will need: 30 ml of ammonia.
Cooking method. Add ammonia to 300 ml of water.
Application. Moisten the sponge with the resulting solution, wipe the walls of the freezer. This procedure should be carried out once a week.
The solution has disinfectant properties, and also helps to get rid of impurities and unpleasant odors.
Recipe number 5.
You will need: 50 g of laundry soap, 1 tsp. baking soda.
Cooking method. Before washing the refrigerator inside and out, the laundry soap must be cut with a knife or grater and mixed with baking soda. Add the resulting mixture to 500 ml of water.
Application. Moisten a cloth with the prepared solution and thoroughly wipe the refrigerator inside and out. Then rinse the cloth with clean warm water and wipe dry.
Washing the refrigerator: how to remove the smell from the refrigerator with vinegar
If various unpleasant odors appear, the refrigerator should be turned off, thoroughly washed from the inside, and then ventilated for several hours.
- There are also many ways to get rid of refrigerator odors, below are the best ones.
- Recipe number 6.
- This recipe is how to remove the smell from the refrigerator with vinegar diluted with water.
- You will need: 100 ml of apple cider vinegar.
Cooking method. Add apple cider vinegar to 100 ml of water.
Application. Moisten a sponge in the resulting solution and wipe the shelves and inner walls of the refrigerator. Then leave the refrigerator open for 2-3 hours.
- Here are some effective recipes for how to wash the refrigerator to get rid of the smell for a long time.
- Recipe number 7.
- You will need: 100 ml of vodka, 50 ml of lemon juice.
Cooking method. Before removing the smell in the refrigerator, you need to mix vodka and lemon juice.
Application. Moisten a sponge in the resulting solution and wipe the shelves and inner walls of the refrigerator. Then leave the refrigerator open all day.
Recipe number 8.
You will need: 100 g of rye bread, 50 g of mint, 5 clove inflorescences.
Cooking method. Finely chop rye bread and mint leaves.
Application. Put chopped rye bread, mint leaves and clove blossoms on plates, arrange them on the shelves of the refrigerator and leave for several hours. Bread will absorb all unpleasant odors, and mint and cloves will act as natural flavorings.
Recipe number 9.
You will need: 1 lemon, 1 tsp. baking soda.
Cooking method. Peel off the lemon carefully, set the peel aside, squeeze the juice from the pulp and mix with 100 ml of water.
Application. Wet a sponge with the resulting solution and wipe the inside of the refrigerator.
Place the lemon peels on a plate, sprinkle with baking soda on top and refrigerate for a week. We also recommend storing citrus slices or peels in the freezer.
Citrus juice can be squeezed into a container and left in the freezer for 1-2 days. The bad smell will disappear.
How to eliminate fridge odor using coffee
Dry coffee grounds or fresh ground coffee, which must be left in the refrigerator for several days, is a great help in the fight against a strong unpleasant odor.
Charcoal or activated carbon has the ability to absorb odors. A small handful of coal must be crushed and poured into a saucer, then refrigerated for several hours. This powder can be placed in a container with holes and kept in the refrigerator at all times.
In order to prevent the appearance of an unpleasant odor in the freezer, it is necessary to defrost and wash it at least twice a month with a soapy solution with the addition of vodka.
How to clean the refrigerator correctly? Every housewife should know this.
In order for the refrigerator to be able to serve for many years, it is necessary to follow the rules that will tell you how to properly care for it.
Unpleasant odors and harmful microorganisms that appear in any electrical appliance over time can lead to upsetting the digestive tract.
It is necessary to periodically wash the inside of the refrigerator and try to keep it in order.
How to clean the refrigerator to avoid health problems?
You will need cleaning equipment:
- kitchen towel;
- container for liquid.
The sequence of how to clean the refrigerator inside and outside step by step
- First, remove all food from the refrigerator. Those foodstuffs that quickly deteriorate are placed in a cool place, for example, a balcony. The operating mode of the household unit is set to defrost. After complete defrosting, disconnect from the power supply.
- All drawers, removable shelves should be pulled out and put aside.
- Warm water is poured into the container and baking soda is added in proportions of 1 liter – 1 tablespoon. Baking soda does a great job at removing dirt and odors.
- Removable elements should also be washed with warm water and baking soda. Then rinse under running water and spread on previously prepared towels to dry completely.
- The sponge for washing should be soft without chipping. Coarse metal pile will leave scratches and abrasions on the plastic case. Using a kitchen sponge dipped in water, wipe all surfaces of the refrigerator.
- The container must be rinsed and clean warm water drawn into it. Using a sponge, once again wash the working surfaces of the refrigerator.
- Dry the body and interior with a tea towel.
- After the completion of the process, for some time the refrigerator doors are left open until the inside is completely dry.
- Then replace the removable shelves, shelves and drawers. Set the required temperature mode on the device.
Tips for choosing the right detergent and cleaning agent
Removable shelves, racks must be washed in the bathtub with dish soap. It is not recommended to select a basin for these purposes. It is impossible to completely wash a drawer or shelf in it. If stains and stubborn dirt cannot be removed with an ordinary kitchen detergent, then you can use a special solution with an antibacterial effect designed for cleaning refrigerators.
Shops and supermarkets are littered with all kinds of cleaning products. They differ from each other in brands, color labels and cost. Many housewives, due to their employment, cannot immediately recognize which product is better and more efficient. Manufacturers have made it as easy as possible to choose the right product and have developed new brands with a convenient spray.
With its help, you can easily and quickly apply the solution to the surface and also quickly wash off the plaque with a dry towel. Although manufacturers claim that after applying the spray, it is enough to run a towel over the surface of the shelf and you do not need to wash the part, just in case it is better to rinse off the chemical under running water.
It is safer for your own health.
Wet wipes are great for quickly removing stubborn stains on your shelf. They are convenient to get rid of one or more stains and do not need to carry out a complete cleaning of the entire electrical appliance.
Refrigerator care rules
- Fish and meat should be stored on the bottom shelf of the freezer. This will prevent the juice from leaking out and getting onto neighboring products.
- Raw food and food should be stored on separate shelves.
- Quickly perishable products are eaten in the first place. Otherwise, it will begin to grow moldy, and harmful bacteria can transfer to other foods.
- Any stain left by the soup on the refrigerator shelf should be immediately wiped up and disinfected with a product. Making a rule and sticking to a habit is imperative. This will eliminate the possibility of constant washing of the inside of the refrigerator.
- It is recommended to wipe the shelves and drawers of the refrigerator compartment once a week.
- It is better to store food in containers and bags, in this form they will not stain the inner compartment.
- Place paper or polyethylene at the bottom of the vegetable storage boxes. This will eliminate the possibility of stains on shelves and racks.
- Defrost meat or fish in a container with a deep bottom. This method will help prevent blood and water from spilling onto the shelf.
- Perform periodic inspections in the refrigerator. You should ruthlessly get rid of products that have been on the shelf for a long time. They are unlikely to take up space on the dining table.
- Help to cope with an unpleasant odor: vinegar, ammonia, lemon juice, coffee grounds. They need to be diluted in warm water or added to a gauze cloth and periodically wiped off the shelves and drawers inside the refrigerator compartment. They completely destroy the smell.
Popular mistakes in the process of washing the refrigerator
- Do not try to chip off the formed fur coat on the walls of the freezer. This threatens to damage the internal channels. If a characteristic hissing sound is heard during spalling with a sharp object, this indicates damage to the evaporator. The repair depends on the brand of the device, the complexity of replacing the part. The technician should be trusted only by experienced craftsmen.
- Do not place a hot container on the plastic part of the refrigerator body. This will damage the surface. You need to use a special heat-resistant stand for hot dishes.
- Do not clean the rubber seal with a wide sponge and do not dry thoroughly. The remaining moisture will lead to mold formation, and the wide sponge will only deform.
- It is forbidden to open the refrigerator by holding on to the door or rubber seal. This will lead to rupture of the part and subsequently poor sealing of the door.
- During the general cleaning process, cleaning the back of the refrigerator must not be neglected. Over time, a thick layer of dust forms on the metal rods. This could damage the compressor.
- Do not liberally moisten the sponge with liquid when cleaning the back wall. Moisture will enter the internal mechanism of the electrical unit and cause the compressor contacts to close.
- In addition to the visible parts of the refrigerator, you need to clean the drain holes. Crumbs and food particles accumulate in them.
Simple recommendations will help every housewife quickly and efficiently clean the household unit. Strict adherence to these rules will save valuable time and help maintain order in the kitchen.