Breastfeeding Mother’s Diet: List of Diets That Increase Milk, Lose Weight
How Should Breastfeeding Mothers Eat?
Healthy nutrition is an issue that needs attention in all areas of life. Your quality of life; It is directly proportional to how much healthy food you consume. From childhood to old age, eating the most natural and cleanest foods will be a good decision for your life. We present this article to our expectant mothers and breastfeeding mothers.
When you read our article, you will have information about the foods that increase milk and the list of breastfeeding mother’s diet . From now on, you will think once more while eating and take the healthiest step. In addition, here are the Dukan diet and breastfeeding mother diet Ahmet Maranki recommendations for breastfeeding mothers, which have been tried by many mothers . Here is the postpartum breastfeeding mother’s diet and nutritional recommendations, which include the recommendations of many dietitians.
For the most accurate information and healthy results for you and your baby, you should definitely get doctor support.
How is the Breastfeeding Mother Diet Made?
- diets for nursing mothers; should be adjusted according to the nutrition of mother and baby.
- Since foods are passed to the baby through breastfeeding, foods that are harmful to the baby should be avoided.
- At the same time, products that support the baby’s muscle and bone development should be recommended.
- The diet prepared for a person should be applied only by that person.
- Since the conditions of each mother are different, diet lists should be personal.
- Spices and spicy foods should be avoided whenever possible.
- Plenty of fluid consumption should be recommended in the diet list.
- It will be the healthiest choice for the mother to consume plenty of water and drink fluids during breastfeeding.
- Water consumed during breastfeeding is effective not only in losing weight but also in increasing the amount of milk.
- Lactation consultants recommend drinking a large glass of water after each breastfeeding.
- Drinking water during this period is very important for faster regeneration of milk and its high nutritional value.
- If you want to both eat healthy and lose weight during breastfeeding, you can drink water with fruit slices.
- The fruit slices that you will add according to your taste will increase the metabolic rate and keep it active while flavoring the drinking water.
- Meals should contain foods containing calcium and protein.
- Breakfast should never be neglected. When diet lists are shaped around these items, it will be very productive for mother and baby.
Breastfeeding Mom Diet Lists
Special Diet List for Mothers from Ayça Kaya
The breastfeeding mother diet is recommended by Ayça Kaya as follows. This list can be applied both as a breastfeeding mother’s slimming diet and as a nutritious diet that increases the amount of milk.
- Breakfast: 2 slices of toast, green tea, 1 piece of feta cheese, 4 olives, a plate of greens such as unlimited arugula and parsley, 1 hard-boiled egg and 1 glass of milk with honey.
- Lunch: 1 plate of vegetable soup, 1 portion of vegetable dish, lots of parsley with lemon, 2 pieces of toast and 1 bowl of yogurt.
- Dinner: 1 bowl of lentil soup, 1 portion of vegetable meal, 3 scoops of ice cream, 2 slices of toast.
- In between meals: 2 sour fruits, 3 cucumbers, 10 raw almonds and 1 handful of hazelnuts can be eaten.
Effective Diet List for Mother and Baby Health
- Morning: 1 glass of milk, 1 boiled or fried egg, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, 1 slice of low-fat feta cheese and 5 olives.
- Snack: 1 green apple or 1 bowl of dried fruit yogurt.
- Lunch: 1 portion of meaty vegetables or legumes, 1 bowl of lemon salad with walnuts.
- Snack: 1 glass of banana smoothie or celery salad with yogurt.
- Dinner: 1 bowl of nutritious soup with bulgur or chicken, oven or grilled meat meal, 1 bowl of green salad.
- Snack: 1 glass of milk or 1 bowl of fruit yogurt.
Special Nutrition for Mothers by Ayşe Tuğba Şengel
- Breakfast: Freshly squeezed fruit juice, 1 portion of unsweetened compote, 1 egg, 2 slices of feta cheese, 4-5 olives, seasonal greens, 2 slices of whole wheat or rye bread.
- Snack: 4 dates and 2 walnuts accompanied by fennel or different herbal tea.
- Lunch: 1 bowl of soup, about 5 patties-sized lean meats, 1 bowl of homemade yogurt, 1 slice of whole wheat or rye bread.
- Snack: 1 glass of unsalted buttermilk, 1 matchbox of tahini halva, 1 slice of whole wheat or rye bread.
- Dinner: 1 bowl of soup, 1 portion of vegetables or legumes, 4 spoons of bulgur or 1 slice of whole wheat, or rye bread, 1 bowl of homemade yogurt.
- Snack: 1 serving of seasonal fruit and 1 glass of milk.
What should breastfeeding mothers pay attention to while dieting?
- The breastfeeding mother’s diet is made for rapid weight loss and to maintain milk yield. Therefore, foods that will not lower the mother’s blood values should be consumed. While maintaining the protein and calcium balance, it is necessary to take the necessary vitamins.
- Nursing mother’s diet is a diet that requires 2000 calories per day by Gürkan Kubilay. In deficient calorie intake, the mother will not be able to produce enough milk.
- The diet of the nursing mother, which gives importance to the intake of nuts and legumes, is also applied within the framework of Karatay methods. According to Karatay, consulting mothers should focus on bread and butter.
- According to expert İbrahim Saraçoğlu, one of the foods that should not be missing from the diet lists of breastfeeding mothers is fresh figs.
- Fresh fig is a fruit that mothers should consume during the day. It also emphasizes drinking a bottle of mineral water a day.
- Breastfeeding mothers should be fed protein-based diet during the diet.
- He should start the day with breakfast and spend the day with snacks.
- For dinner, he can choose vegetables and grains, vegetables and meat meals.
- Food choices will affect the metabolic rate as well as the milk quality.
- It is recommended to stay away from processed and packaged foods during the diet process.
Recommendations for Breastfeeding Mothers to Increase Milk While Dieting
- Dietitian Merve Bilge Atalay advises breastfeeding mothers to stay away from stress first of all. She states that the showers taken during the day must be warm in order to increase the milk supply.
- Fruits that increase the amount of milk should be consumed. These fruits are; It can be raisins and figs.
- Fish should be consumed at least twice a week. At the same time, red meat should not be neglected for protein support.
- Green leafy vegetables are of great importance during breastfeeding. For this reason, greens such as parsley, lettuce and cress should be consumed from folic acid sources.
- Vitamin B support plays an important role in maternal and infant health. Vitamin B intake can be met from whole wheat bread, legumes and bulgur.
- Garlic is among the foods that increase milk. It is recommended for mothers to consume with peace of mind.
- Oats are cereals that increase breast milk. Due to its high iron content, it will increase breast milk.
- Fennel contains phytoestrogen substances. Therefore, it enables the milk channels to work more efficiently. It is recommended by doctors that breastfeeding mothers consume 1 cup of fennel tea during the day.
- Basil, on the other hand, supports the body of the nursing mother thanks to its vitamins C and K. It can be consumed in salads or meals.
- Nursing mother diet Dilara Koçak’s recommendations include that mothers should consume hazelnuts at snacks during the day. Hazelnut is one of the foods that increase breast milk.
- The common view of all doctors is that the breastfeeding mother consumes plenty of fluids; Ferin Batman is also included in the diet of breastfeeding mothers. Drinking a large glass of water after each feeding will improve milk production.
- Carrot, which has the feature of increasing milk fat and milk amount, can be included in all meals of nursing mothers in various ways. It is also known that it will show its effects more in raw consumption.
- When you want to double the breast milk, you should use plenty of legumes in your main meals. You can prepare healthy menus with bulgur, beans and lentils.
- It is emphasized by doctors that mothers should stay away from habits such as smoking and alcohol in order not to cut off breast milk and to be productive.
- This item should be underlined because the mother’s consumption is passed to the baby through breastfeeding.
What Drinks Can Breastfeeding Mothers Drink?
- Fluids entering the body during lactation will affect the quality of milk. For this reason, it is recommended to be sensitive about herbal teas and sugary drinks.
- Many mothers want to get rid of their edema during breastfeeding. For this, green detox drinks that you can prepare naturally at home are recommended. You can crush herbs such as parsley, mint, cucumber with a blender and open them with as much water as you want.
- You can consume teas that do not harm you, such as rosehip, linden, fennel, chamomile and mint teas, so that the milk comes out continuously.
- You should stay away from plants that you do not know or that are praised by hearsay. Drinks that are consumed incorrectly and unconsciously can cause curdling of milk.
- You can drink liquids containing plenty of vitamins, usually prepared with dairy products, in summer and winter.
- The more protein and vitamin-based fluids you take; You will be doing your baby so many favors.
- You should stay away from liquids that contain heavy sugar, too much acid, and alcohol. Such drinks will tire your body and are risky for the baby’s brain development.
- Considering that you transfer every nutrient to your baby through milk; Acid, sugar and alcohol will harm your baby.
- You can spend this process with natural, vitamin and mineral drinks for a healthy breastfeeding period and baby development.
Which Foods Are Risky in the Breastfeeding Mother’s Diet?
The diet of breastfeeding mothers should first of all start after the approval of the doctor. It must be arranged by a nutritionist. Foods and beverages that increase the amount of milk and initiate fat burning in the mother are included in the diet.
So, what is good to stay away from in this process? Mentioning some of the foods and beverages that pose a risk for breastfeeding mothers will give the diet a better route:
- In this process, fried foods should be avoided. Frying is of no use to either the mother or the baby.
- Packaged foods are also risky so that the milk is not affected. All foods with additives, packaged and frozen should be avoided.
- One of the situations that pose a risk to breastfeeding mothers is consuming soda. Since sugar is included in sodas, it affects the diet negatively and harms the baby’s digestive system.
- Salty foods should not be included in the diet list. Foods containing salt, such as chips, snacks, popcorn, and pickles, will cause edema in the nursing mother and affect the health of the baby.