How is Sarpa Fish Cooked and Hunted?
All About Sarpa Fish From Fishing Rod to Table
Diseases do not listen to seasons and time. It is not clear when and where it will arrive. Your duty on diseases is to take precautions without saying summer or winter. You can stay away from diseases to some extent by eating healthy and consuming the nutrients your body needs. In particular, you should not neglect the consumption of meat and dairy products.
In the harsh cold of winter months, upper respiratory tract infections are most common. Due to the time spent at home, neither a walk in the fresh air nor a tea pleasure in the open air is done. The replenishment of oxygen also renews your body. We will recommend you a fish in order not to catch diseases between the four walls on cold winter days. It is a fish wrapped in yellows. Don’t worry that its meat is tasteless, it has plenty of benefits in its yellow striped structure.
In this article, we will tell you how to stay fit with the benefits of sarpa fish. The sarpa fish you will get in the season will become more delicious with cooking tricks.
Sarpa Fish Characteristics
- Sarpa fish is a common fish in the Aegean Region. As seen in the Aegean, they also live on the shores of Çanakkale. It is known as seasonal sea bream in our country.
- Its economic value is quite low. It is a very agile and agile fish. It can disappear as soon as it’s frightened.
- You can usually see sarpa fish on the coasts and in rocky areas. They continue their lives by eating algae.
- Those who eat sarpa fish state that it smells of seaweed. Their appetite is also quite good. They can eat bread or bait thrown into the water for hours.
- They roam underwater in droves. When they see a bait, they target the bait with the herd again. It resembles a bream in appearance.
- It is a wide and flat fish.
- Their jaws are strong, but their teeth are not sharp, so they feed on algae and plankton. They are decorated with yellow stripes starting from the nape to the tail.
- These lines are golden lines that extend horizontally. Sarpa fish has a feature that is quite interesting. When caught, they excrete feces.
- When they reach about 20 cm in length, they should continue their generation.
- It is a type of fish that reproduces twice a year in spring and autumn and continues its generations. Because they like warm waters, they are known to retreat to deep waters in winter.
- If you want to give sarpa fish to your baby when you cook it at home; You should make sure that it is suitable for your baby’s age.
- For this, it is recommended to contact your doctor who monitors the development of the baby.
- This fish, which supports the health of the mother and baby when consumed during pregnancy, also supports the development of the baby in the solid food period.
Sarpa Fish Nutritional Values
- Sarpa fish, which is likened to sea bream, is not as delicious as bream. But it should not be forgotten that it is a fish with high nutritional value.
- They contain vitamins A, B1, B2, B12, D, K and E. It is also a source of phosphorus, iodine, iron and calcium.
- It is a fish with oily and white meat. Although it is oily, it is quite easy to digest.
- It will also meet your protein needs. It is recommended to be consumed by all ages.
- The high nutritional value of sarpa fish is an advantage for those who consume this fish. Because sarpa fish contains many vitamins, even a single bite heals.
- If you include sarpa fish in your regular fish consumption, you will do your body a favor from the immune system to the nervous system. It is recommended to consume fresh and seasonal fish.
What are the Benefits of Sarpa Fish?
- Thanks to its abundant vitamins and minerals, it is a fish that supports the muscle and bone development of children. When consumed in season, it should be preferred as a protein store.
- When consumed in winter, it fights germs and strengthens your immune system.
- Thanks to the calcium and iodine it contains, it meets the energy needs of the body.
- Since it does not contain carbohydrates and starch, it is very easy to digest. You can choose it in diet menus.
- As with any fish, sea bream will prevent problems such as early dementia and memory loss.
- It is a seafood product that will show its effects when preferred for the development of dental and eye health. When consumed during pregnancy, it supports the baby’s eye and brain development. It also eliminates the risk of premature birth.
- For a healthy life, fish consumption should not be neglected twice a week. Do not forget the sarpa fish in your fish preferences.
- Its economic value is quite favorable. On average, 1 kilo is sold for 6 liras. Sarpa fish is a healthy fish choice that should be consumed in every home with its price and benefits.
How to Hunt Sarpa Fish?
- Fishing for sarpa fish is quite easy. Since their appetite is open, you will not have difficulty in feeding.
- They can even be caught on your fishing line with bread. It should only be noted that it has sharp maneuvers. As soon as they realize the danger, they hide themselves among the rocks.
- To hunt sarpa fish, you should choose small hooks for the fishing line you have prepared. It is worth remembering that sarpas have a small mouth.
- Using bare hook fishing gear can make your job easier. The fishing rods you use while fishing sea bream will also work.
- Don’t forget to bait the area you are going to cast before you cast your fishing line. You can throw small breads and pull the sarpas to the area.
- Because they travel in flocks, a whole flock can come for a few pieces of bread. When there is movement in the water, you can cast your fishing line. Random!
- Another method of catching fish that feed on bread and mollusks is to attach algae to the tip of the needle.
- With this method, many fishermen have caught large sarpas.
- Create a hazelnut-sized bait by wrapping the moss fringes with needles and throw your hand fishing rod into your area. Sarpas will come to your fishing line in a short time.
How to Cook Sarpa Fish?
- When you want to cook a delicious sardine fish, you have to cook the big fish and the small fish separately.
- The most ideal cooking method for small sarpa fish; It will be grilled or steamed. Large fish will taste even better when you bake them in the oven.
- If you want to prepare a balanced fish menu; You can cook 1 medium-sized sarpa fish on the grill or in the oven.
- You can fill half of your plate with plenty of greens with lemon sauce.
- If you wish, you can consume it with whole wheat bread. You can create a balanced and satisfying fish menu by adding a few slices of potatoes while cooking in the oven.
- Just as fried food loses its nutritional value, sarpa fish will lose all its nutritional value when fried.
- For this reason, the frying method is not recommended. If you fry it, it will be healthier to fry it with pure olive oil.
- You can prepare it with salt and pepper by choosing a fireproof pan. The most delicious version will be baking in the oven.
- Those who have fish soup culture can add sarpa fish to their soups. Sarpa fish recipes will diversify your soups and oven dishes.
- Those who want to consume sarpa fish in a delicious way can first clean the fish and marinate it with olive oil sauce. When you add rosemary and thyme to this sauce, you can double the flavor of the fish.
- You can also preserve the nutritional value of the fish by cooking it with a few slices of potatoes in the oven. You can have a low-calorie and satisfying meal by preparing a salad filled with greens next to the sarpa fish.
- Grilled fish lovers can grill sarpa fish. One thing they should pay attention to is that the grill is for fish.
- While preparing it on the grill, you should be careful not to burn the skin. You can enjoy it by adding plenty of greens next to the cooked sarpa fish.