What is trans fat? What is trans fat found in? What are the harms of trans fat?
Considered the most harmful and bad fat to consume, trans fats are the most unhealthy type of fat. Trans fats cause various diseases by directly affecting bad cholesterol. The worst thing about trans fat consumption is that it causes serious cardiovascular diseases. Alright,what is trans fat?What does trans fat mean? What is trans fat found in? Here are the important answers you need to know for your health…
WHAT IS TRANS FAT? WHAT DOES TRANS FAT MEAN?
Trans fats are trans-isomer unsaturated fatty acids that are considered unhealthy and can exist in natural and artificial form.
Natural trans fats are found in meat and dairy products from ruminant animals like cattle, sheep and goats, but dairy and meat eaters needn’t worry. Natural trans fats are not unhealthy when consumed in a balanced and moderate manner, but the same cannot be said for artificial trans fats .
THE MOST HEALTHY OIL!
“What are trans fats?” Artificial trans fats are the first thing to come to mind. These are the unhealthiest fats.
Artificial (industrial) trans fats are obtained by chemical modifications to remain solid at room temperature. It goes through many processes to prolong its shelf life. These fats, which are collected in solid form in the body, clog the vessels and prevent the heart from working properly.
Trans fats increase bad cholesterol (LDL) and lower good cholesterol (HDL).
- Because it’s cheap,
- Because it makes it easier to give foods a desirable taste and texture,
- It is used because it provides a long shelf life.
WHAT ARE TRANS FAT? WHAT IS TRANS FAT IN?
Trans fats are used in many processed products today to be inexpensive and long-lasting.
For your health, artificial trans fat should never be consumed. However, unfortunately, trans fat is used in many products sold abroad.
WHAT IS TRANS FAT FOUND?
Artificial trans fats are found in many ready-made products.
It is a type of fat that has certain chemical properties and is often found in processed foods such as baked goods, snack foods, fried foods, shortening, margarine, and some vegetable oils.
Many restaurants and fast-food outlets use trans fats to fry foods because trans fat oils can be used in commercial fryers many times without changing the taste or texture.
When buying packaged foods, you should look for the phrase “no trans fats used” on the labels.
- Most commercial bakery products, such as cookies and cakes, are made with trans fats.
- Trans fat is more likely to be used in frozen products
- Ready-to-fried fast food products are made with trans fat
- Trans fat is often used in coffee creamers.
- Refrigerated doughs such as biscuits and rolls are likely to contain trans fat
WHAT ARE THE DAMAGES OF TRANS FAT?
We learned what it means, what trans fats contain. As you can see, it is almost impossible to avoid trans fats completely, but you should know that they have serious dangers for your health.
The harms of artificial trans fats are endless.
- Prolonged consumption of trans fats causes serious damage to your body.
- Increases inflammation/inflammation in the body.
- causes heart disease
- It is one of the most important causes of vascular occlusion.
- It causes fatigue as it increases inflammation in the body
- It damages the inner lining of the vessels (endothelium), causing irreversible diseases.
- Trans fats raise bad cholesterol
- Reduces protective good cholesterol
- Trans fats increase the risk of stroke at an early age
- Causes weight problems
- Long-term consumption increases the rate of visceral fat.