What Are the Benefits of Parsley Oil? How to use?
Parsley oil, which is made from parsley, a source of vitamin C, and used as a panacea, is obtained from the seeds, leaves and roots of the plant. Parsley seeds contain a high percentage of essential oil, so the use of parsley seed oil is more common. However, it is possible to obtain essential oil from the whole of parsley.
You can find all the details you want to know about parsley oil, which has many benefits, in this article.
How Is Parsley Oil Made?
Parsley oil, which has an important place among valuable essential oils, can be bought ready-made or you can easily make it yourself at home. With the simplest recipe, you can prepare it like this:
- After removing and washing a bunch of parsley, keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, put half a liter of water in a large saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Prepare another pot of ice water.
- With the help of a colander, dip the parsley into the boiling water for 12 – 20 seconds, remove it and shock it by placing it in a bowl of ice water.
- Take the cooled parsley and dry it with a clean cloth.
- After that, take it to the blender and put a cup of olive oil in it and start mixing.
- After a while, add two more cups of olive oil to the blender and mix again.
- Put the mixture, which turns into a bright color, into a glass container, cover it with cling film and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, strain this mixture thoroughly with the help of cheesecloth and separate the oil.
- Thus, your homemade parsley oil is ready.
- With this method, you obtain parsley oil from the leaves of the plant.
What Are the Benefits of Parsley Oil?
Parsley oil is one of the valuable essential oils that can give effective results in different areas. If you are wondering what parsley oil is for, the answer to this question is quite comprehensive. Among the benefits of parsley oil, which is good for many health problems, the following items are primarily included:
- Since it has diuretic properties, it helps to relieve edema and regulates blood pressure. It can be used by blood pressure patients.
- It is used as a menstrual cramp in women. It also relieves menstrual pains. It also has blood cleansing properties.
- It is beneficial for skin health and beauty. With its cell regenerative aspect, it helps the skin to look bright and young.
- Since it has a skin tightening effect, it shows natural botox effect. It is effective against skin blemishes.
- There are opinions that it is beneficial in the recovery of gallbladder diseases.
- It strengthens the liver and can be used as an auxiliary product in the treatment of diseases here. It is effective against fatty liver.
- It helps in keeping mosquitoes, houseflies and insects away.
- It kills germs because it is antibacterial. It is good for infections caused by injuries.
- Parsley oil has antipyretic and analgesic properties. It can be used against rheumatism.
- It has a detox effect. It contributes to the removal of harmful toxins in the body.
- It is beneficial to the digestive system. It relieves stomach gas and bloating. It is recommended for those who suffer from gas pains. It also has the ability to strengthen the digestive system.
- It accelerates metabolism, regulates intestinal activities and relieves constipation.
- It is very effective in removing bad breath. It has a breath-opening and refreshing quality.
- It strengthens the hair roots and helps them to grow healthy. With its cell regenerative effect, it contributes to the formation of new hair cells.
- It is very useful for urinary tract infections.
- It is recommended to be used to prevent hair loss.
- It has the feature of preventing premature aging.
- It is useful against the problem of hemorrhoids. It is recommended to be used in the treatment of cellulite.
- It shows an aphrodisiac effect against sexual reluctance.
Does Parsley Oil Make You Weak?
- Parsley oil has slimming properties.
- In fact, parsley itself is widely used during slimming cures.
- Essential oils in parsley oil can be effective in weight loss studies.
- It can help to lose weight as it regulates the digestive system and accelerates metabolism.
- But it is not possible to lose weight by using parsley oil alone.
- If you add it to your diet and exercise program after your doctor’s approval, you can benefit from this feature.
- It is not right to drink parsley oil in order to lose weight without the advice of a specialist doctor.
- Instead of using the oil of the plant, you can prefer to prepare parsley juice and drink it by adding some lemon juice to lose weight and get rid of edema.
- Many people who use this method lose weight.
- Of course, it is recommended that you do this cure for a certain period of time, not continuously.
How to Use Parsley Oil?
The forms of use of parsley oil are diverse. It is a common oil to use for skin beauty and health. You can use it as a mask, cure and tonic.
- If you ask whether parsley oil can be applied to the face, the answer is yes. But first you need to dilute the oil a little. You can mix it with carrier oils such as almond oil or olive oil and apply it to your face after thinning. You can wait for 30 minutes and then wash your face.
- If you want to use it as a skin cleanser, you can prepare a tonic by mixing a drop of parsley oil with tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar. You can clean your skin with this tonic. It is an oil that you can apply to your hair.
- The following usage is recommended for hair care: Put a coffee cup of olive oil, a teaspoon of nettle oil, a teaspoon of black cumin seed oil and a teaspoon of flaxseed oil in a large bowl and mix well. Then add 2-3 drops of parsley oil to this mixture and mix again. Heat the mixture in a bain-marie in a glass container. Apply the heated oil mixture to the roots of your hair while your hair is slightly damp. Wash it off after 2 hours.
- If you are wondering how to drink parsley oil, you should know that you should not drink it alone. You can use it by preparing a cure with different oils. Heat the mixture to be prepared with 1 tablespoon of parsley oil, 1 teaspoon of black cumin seed oil, 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil and 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil in a double boiler method. Then put it in a glass storage container. You can drink this mixture as a tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach. Before starting the use of oil, you should not forget that you should get an opinion from your doctor.
Parsley Oil Harms and Side Effects
- Although parsley oil is a very beneficial oil, it should not be used without a doctor’s advice.
- It can cause harmful results, especially for people who use regular medication.
- The use of a patient using blood pressure medication can lead to sudden blood pressure drops.
- Not suitable for use by pregnant and lactating women.
- It is also not recommended for those with kidney disease and excessive menstrual pain.
- Parsley oil should not be used alone, by drinking or applying it.
- If you are allergic and use it, you may encounter unwanted health conditions.