Black Beans: 10 Benefits of Black Beans You Need To Know
Black Beans: Beans are a useful type of legumes used in various ways in many countries. There are several types of beans included in salads and meals. Beans, which come in different colors and sizes, are also strong in terms of nutritional value. By consuming beans once a week, you can meet the minerals you can get from legumes.
Black beans appear on this page as one of the foods that protect your health. Black beans, which arouse curiosity with its color, are also good for all kinds of diseases. Now, we will present this article to you to make the research on black beans a little more understandable. Black beans will be a guest in your kitchen from these lines with its benefits and unknown properties!
What Are Black Beans? Where Does It Grow?
- Black beans are a type of food commonly consumed in Latin America. It is thought that this bean has been consumed for 7000 years due to its high nutritional value.
- Black bean has started to make its name known in our country in recent years. But this bean is a food that was discovered by Portuguese traders in Asia and Africa many years ago.
- Black beans, which were introduced to many countries after a while, are grown efficiently in the American soil.
- Its name expressed in scientific food sources is known as “Phaseolus Vulgaris”. It entered Turkish as black bean.
- Why are black beans consumed in many countries? Because this bean has a very long lifespan. Since it has a weather-resistant structure, it does not break easily.
- Black beans, which are preferred in salads and boiled dishes, also contain numerous benefits for health.
10 Benefits of Black Beans
1) Balances Cholesterol
- To minimize the risk of heart attack, the level of cholesterol in the blood should be balanced. To establish this balance, healthy foods should be preferred.
- Thanks to the cholesterol balancing feature of black beans, it eliminates the risk of heart attack.
- It is recommended to consume black beans regularly, which regulates blood flow and prevents cholesterol rise.
2) Provides a feeling of fullness for a long time
- You can consume foods containing dietary fibers to create a feeling of satiety. One of these foods is black beans.
- You can flavor your diet meals by trying black beans in various recipes.
- In order not to feel hungry for a long time by making healthy choices, you should host black beans in your kitchen.
3) It is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants
- The unique color of black beans is because it contains antioxidant substances. Thanks to these substances, your body is protected from many harmful factors.
- Being an antioxidant food, black beans keep the body’s defense mechanism alive.
- Black beans, which are alert against infection, help the body get rid of harmful substances.
4) Contains High Protein
- To build muscle, you need to take foods that contain protein to your body. You can also add black beans to your meals for this need.
- Black beans, which are rich in protein, strengthen the muscle and bone structure.
- Black beans, which are seen as beneficial as meat, meet most of the protein needs.
5) Relieves Digestion
- The fibers in the structure of black beans are important for the protection of the digestive system.
- Consumption of black beans is recommended to eliminate the risk of colon cancer and to make the intestines work better.
- You can regularly consume black beans to clean the parasites in the intestines.
6) Balances Blood Sugar
- Black beans, which can be easily included in the meals of diabetes patients, prevent blood sugar from rising.
- If your sugar level is at the limit, you can balance it by consuming black beans.
- Black beans control blood sugar and prevent possible health problems.
7) Gives Energy to the Body
- Black beans have high nutritional value. Therefore, when you eat 1 serving of black beans, your body’s energy needs are met.
- When you want to consume foods with high energy content to increase your body resistance, you can definitely choose black beans.
- Black beans will keep your body vigorous as a source of protein and energy.
8) Strengthens the Immune System
- Black beans are a food rich in vitamins. It also strengthens the immune system as it contains antioxidants.
- Those with a weak immune system and those who get sick often can prefer black beans on pulse days.
- Thanks to black beans in salads or recipes, you can protect your body against external factors.
9) Controls the Nervous System
- It is also stated that black beans are good for stress. This nutrient, which balances the blood circulation rate, relieves headaches.
- It is recommended to prepare healthy plates to lead a stress-free life. Black beans are also included in these dishes in their most delicious form.
- Black beans, which also support the secretion of hormones, make you feel better.
10) Protective Against Cancer
- Black beans are a cancer-fighting legume. It prevents cancer cells from entering the body.
- Black beans, which are recommended in the herbal treatment of colon cancer, keep the body more vigorous and make it resistant to a possible disease.
- You can consume black beans to stay away from cancer.
Black Bean Calories and Nutritional Information
Black beans are preferred in many cuisines with their nutritional value. We will share with you black bean calorie information, which attracts attention with its benefits. Let’s find out what vitamins and minerals are in the structure of black beans and are very good for your health:
- 1 tablespoon of black beans: 34 calories
- 100 grams of black beans: 341 calories
- 50 grams of black beans: 171 calories
100 grams of black beans nutritional values list:
- 62.36 grams of Carbs
- 21.6 grams of Protein
- 1.42 grams Fat
- 15.5 grams of Fiber
- 5mg Sodium
- 1483mg Potassium
- 123mg Calcium
- 17 iu of vitamin A
- 5.02 grams of Iron