How to Peel Pineapple? 3 Easy Steps with Picture
How to peel pineapple: Pineapple, one of the tropical fruits, is a complete vitamin C store. Consuming this fruit, which is rich in antioxidants, is very beneficial for health. It is recommended to consume fresh pineapple to fight infection and germs.
Pineapple is offered to consumers in markets and greengrocers. When buying pineapple, you can clean the skins and chop them into rings at the place you bought them. When you want to consume it later, you can buy unprocessed pineapple and peel it yourself at home. Peeling pineapple at home will be done in very easy steps. Don’t let this job scare you!
If you are going to clean pineapple for the first time, you may think about how to peel pineapple at home. In order to eliminate this question mark, we have explained you step-by-step pineapple cleaning methods. By following these steps, you can also evaluate the most productive parts of the pineapple. If the pineapple and knife are ready, you can head to the kitchen!
Here are the practical ways to clean pineapple!
How to Peel Pineapple? 3 Easy Steps with Pictures
Step 1: Cut the Tip and Root Sections
- The first rule of peeling a pineapple is to clean it from both ends first. These two ends are the crown and root parts.
- When you buy the pineapple, the part with green leaves is the crown. These parts are not suitable for consumption.
- To easily remove the skins of the pineapple, you should cut it from both ends.
- First, lay the pineapple on its side on the chopping board and cut it into rings from both ends.
Step 2: Peel the Outer Shells by Positioning Upright
- Place the pineapple in an upright position on the chopping board to peel the ends of the pineapple.
- It is recommended to use a chef’s knife, as the pineapple skins are thick.
- Using a chef’s knife, make vertical cuts in the crust and innards. Cut the pineapple from these cuts from top to bottom.
- If you are thinking of throwing away the cleaned shells, let us give you a great idea! Boil pineapple peels in 1 liter of water and then strain and drink this water. It is just as beneficial as its fruit.
Step 3: Slice into Rings
- The parts of the pineapple with the highest nutritional value are the parts close to the peel. For this reason, it is not recommended to cut the shells too deep.
- Now lay the mother that you have peeled on its side and chop it into rings.
- You will get a better taste if you cut 1 finger thick for each ring.
- It is not recommended to consume because the hard textured part in the middle of the pineapple rings will force you while eating.
- There is no harm when consumed. This hard part is also a useful part.
- If you wish, you can get the inner parts after slicing them in the form of rings.
- You can create bite-sized pineapple slices by cutting the rings once in width and once in length.
How to Choose the Best Pineapple?
- You can tell by the smell and texture of fresh pineapple. A good pineapple gives a sweet scent. For this reason, you should take the pineapple in the aisle and smell it.
- If you get a sour taste, you should not choose this pineapple as it is not fresh.
- Another way to understand a fresh pineapple is to look at its color. The golden color of the base indicates that the pineapple is delicious.
- Pineapples with green zones can also be preferred.
- When you press a pineapple with your hand, it is not a good sign if it is too hard or too soft.
- Medium hard pineapples are suitable for consumption.
- Another method of understanding a delicious pineapple is to pluck the petals.
- If the leaf you have taken comes to your hand easily, you can prefer this pineapple.
How to Consume Pineapple?
There are different ways to use the pineapple, which is separated from its outer shell, in the kitchen. These are:
- It can be passed through a blender and consumed with yogurt.
- It can be added in slices on the oat and yogurt mixture.
- It can be included in fruit salad.
- You can get a different taste by frying pineapple slices in a teflon pan.
- You can make juice and consume pineapple as a beverage.