How to Lose Weight in Ramadan
What to Do to Lose Weight in Ramadan?
Ramadan is one of the periods when we are most likely to gain weight. The decrease in the number of meals and physical activity, the slowing of the metabolic rate due to long-term hunger, the wrong food choice in sahur and iftar can cause us to see a few extra pounds on the scale at the end of Ramadan.
How to Lose Weight in Ramadan?
- Wake up for Sahur
- Support Your Meal Number with Snacks
- Control the Size in Your Portions
- Take Care to Consume Plenty of Water
- Beware of Oil Use in Meals
- Salad Must Be Included in Your Iftar Menu
- Beware of Slow Chewing
- Go Shopping on a Full Stomach
- Say Goodbye to Scales
- Increase Your Physical Activity
In fact, the month of Ramadan is a good opportunity to not only gain weight but also to lose weight, or rather to reach the ideal weight. Of course, for this, it is necessary to proceed carefully according to the answers to the question of how to lose weight in Ramadan. Especially if you are fasting as a healthy person, we can say that you are taking a good step in answering your question of how to lose weight in Ramadan.
By fasting, you become stronger both spiritually and physically. Thanks to fasting, the digestive system, which is tired all year, rests and can work more efficiently afterward. Of course, for this to happen, the meals eaten after a long hunger must also be light and healthy.
So, should we diet to lose weight during Ramadan? What to do to lose weight in Ramadan, how to lose weight during Ramadan? In this article, we will talk about them for you. Thanks to these 10 steps you will take, you can spend Ramadan lighter.
How to Lose Weight in Ramadan? 10 Healthy Ways
- Do not think about what to do to lose weight in Ramadan!
- It is possible to lose weight in Ramadan by raising your metabolic rate, which has fallen due to hunger throughout the day, and by turning to healthy foods at iftar and sahur .
- In summary, what you need to do to lose weight in Ramadan is not to eat too much with excitement and to avoid excessive calorie meals.
- Here are the tricks of losing weight in Ramadan, specially prepared for you by a dietitian, and effective advice that is not available anywhere!
1) Wake up at Suhoor
- “I’m already starving, I don’t need to have sahur. The less I eat, the easier I lose weight.” Don’t think so.
- The most important meal of Ramadan is sahur.
- With the arrival of Ramadan, the number of meals that are already small decreases further with the skipping of sahur.
- This causes your metabolism to slow down.
- For this, make sure to make sahur during Ramadan.
- If you say how to lose weight in Ramadan, remember that it is very important to be able to balance in sahur and iftar.
2) Supplement Your Meal Number with Snacks
- For those who are wondering how to lose weight in Ramadan, we can say that it will help to eat their meals in sahur and iftar by spreading them over time.
- Increase the number of meals to prevent your metabolism from slowing down.
- For this, divide your iftar into two with a 15-minute break.
- Have a light snack after iftar.
- Take your sahur a little earlier and close the day with one last snack half an hour before the call to prayer.
- In this way, you can eat 5 meals during Ramadan and contribute to your metabolic rate.
- By increasing the number of meals, you will avoid overeating in one meal and prevent stomach ailments during Ramadan.
3) Control the Size in Your Portions
- When you look at the magnificent iftar tables, you may be saying how to lose weight in Ramadan . It is important not to overdo your portions while tasting delicious food.
- Portion control can be difficult, especially at iftar, with the feeling of long-term hunger.
- At this point, having your own plate on the table will benefit you in portion control .
- Take as much as you will eat on your plate and leave the table after your plate is finished.
- By choosing a small plate, you can make the plate look fuller and get up from the table more satiated by catching the eye with your stomach.
4) Take Care to Consume Plenty of Water
- It is also important for your body to use the foods you eat efficiently in order to lose weight in Ramadan, and water consumption for digestion should not be neglected.
- Water helps you lose weight by speeding up your metabolism.
- For this reason, do not neglect the consumption of water during Ramadan.
- Spread your water consumption between iftar and sahur instead of suddenly loading up on the water with iftar.
- Make sure you consume at least 2-2.5 liters of water.
5) Pay Attention to the Use of Oil in Meals
- If you say how to lose weight fast in Ramadan, how to lose weight easily during Ramadan, the answer is not to eat, but to choose what you eat correctly.
- Avoid consumption of excessively fatty foods. To cook your meals, use cooking methods such as boiling, grilling and steaming instead of frying.
- Be mindful of the amount of oil you put in your meals, too.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil per 1 kg of vegetable food; For 1 glass of rice, pasta, legumes, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When cooking meat, chicken and fish, take care to cook with your own oil without using additional oil.
- Limit the amount of oil you add to your salads to a maximum of 2 teaspoons.
6) You Should Have Salad in Your Iftar Menu
- Salad will make you feel more full thanks to its low calorie and high fiber content.
- For this, you can make the opening with your salad without going to the main meal; You can leave the table with fewer calories by consuming half of your salad first.
- However, when preparing your salads, do not forget that you should stay away from high-calorie salad dressings.
- Contribute to your metabolic rate by adding spices, flaxseed, vinegar, and lemon to your salads.
7) Beware of Slow Chewing
- When you eat fast food, you continue to consume food until you realize that you are actually full.
- The reason for this is that the satiety signals reach the brain late.
- For this, try to keep your meal time as long as possible.
- Chew the bites you take in your mouth at least 20 times and leave your fork and spoon on the table after each bite.
- In fact important during Ramadan Is weight loss is not the question of Ramadan given how permanent weight is to give the correct answer to the question.
- For this, the month of Ramadan is a very good opportunity to acquire the habit of eating slowly.
8) Go Shopping on a Full Stomach
- When you go shopping on an empty stomach, you can unwittingly fill your cart with a lot of unnecessary things.
- When you come home in the evening, your hand goes to the harmful foods you bought instead of healthy snacks.
- For this, take care to go shopping on a full stomach.
- If you say how to lose weight in Ramadan, you can go out for your iftar shopping in the morning when the sahur meals are still full.
9) Say Goodbye to Scales
- If you constantly think about whether to lose or gain weight during Ramadan and weigh yourself every day, it will not be beneficial for both your physical and mental health.
- Ramadan “I gained weight, I will.” Don’t stress yourself out with thoughts.
- Especially those who are weighed frequently may have to cope with this stress more.
- The more you obsess about this issue, the harder it will be to lose weight because of the stress hormone you will secrete.
- Remember that your weight will vary even during the day.
- For this, weigh yourself once a week on an empty stomach and say goodbye to the scale on other days.
10) Increase Your Physical Activity
- Due to the warming of the weather and being hungry all day, our physical activity usually decreases during Ramadan.
- This can cause you to face weight problems.
- For this, take care to increase your physical activity with a 30-45 minute walk after iftar.
- This is one of the most important ingredients because if weight loss during Ramadan most importantly, you want to k Ramadan healthy How to lose weight is to go on the road saying.
- You will not regain the weight that was lost in a healthy way.