8 Benefits of Bay Seed You Didn’t Know
Bay seed, which is a cure for a thousand and one troubles, has been used in different cultures from past to present for the herbal treatment. It is known to be good for many ailments from rheumatism to eczema. Today, rather than the seed form, laurel seed oil is more preferred. Laurel soap, which is frequently seen on the shelves of markets, cosmetic stores and herbalists; It is made from laurel seeds.
Today, we have examined the properties and healing effects of laurel seeds for you. Here are the benefits of laurel seed and the details of the use of laurel seed oil obtained from this seed…
Bay Seed Benefits: 8 Features You Didn’t Know
Bay seeds can be used in a variety of ways. Swallowing laurel seeds is the most preferred method. To benefit from the benefits of this miraculous seed, you can swallow 2 laurel seeds with a glass of water every day. It can also be consumed after being crushed and powdered, mixed with honey or water.
Here are the benefits and properties of laurel seeds that you will say “ I wish I knew before” …
1) It is anti-inflammatory
- Bay seed is a natural anti-inflammatory with its anti-inflammatory properties. It fights acute and chronic inflammation in the body.
- Thanks to this feature, it strengthens the immune system by increasing the body resistance.
- It eliminates the factors that open the door to autoimmune diseases. It alleviates the symptoms of existing autoimmune diseases.
- It is effective against winter diseases such as throat and tonsillitis.
2) Kills Germs
- Bay seed is effective against bacteria and microbes thanks to its antiseptic properties.
- Thanks to this feature, it purifies the body from toxins. It is good for diseases caused by bacteria and microbes.
3) It is a Natural Pain Relief
- Bay seed relieves many pains from rheumatism to migraine.
- To benefit from this healing effect of laurel seeds, grind 10 grams of laurel seeds into powder and mix them with honey. The mixture should have a paste-like consistency.
- Consume the mixture you have prepared in the amount of a teaspoon when you have pain.
- Your pain will be relieved in a very short time.
4) Relieves Upper Respiratory Tract Complaints
- The most remarkable feature of bay seed is undoubtedly that it is good for bronchitis and shortness of breath.
- In addition, these small seeds have a miraculous effect that eliminates the complaint of chronic cough.
- If you have cough, shortness of breath or bronchitis, you can prepare the paste in the upper item and consume it regularly every day.
5) Facilitates Childbirth
- Expectant mothers, this feature is in your area of interest!
- For an easy birth, crush some bay seeds, mix them with honey to make a paste.
- Consume this mixture, which you have prepared, up to a teaspoon 3 times a day, about 2 weeks before you meet your baby.
6) Regulates the Digestive System
- Bay seeds are intestinal friendly.
- If you mix the laurel seed with honey and consume it after making a paste, it will eliminate the pain and gas problem in the intestines.
- Bay seeds are effective in the fight against candida. With its antiseptic feature, it destroys bad bacteria in the intestine.
- This mixture also has a diuretic effect.
- It is sufficient to consume the mixture in the amount of one teaspoon 3 times a day.
7) Removes Bad Breath
- Bay seed is very successful in eliminating bad breath with its spicy, pleasant smell.
- You can swallow 2 laurel seeds with a glass of water after the sahur meal to eliminate bad breath, especially in Ramadan.
- If you wish, you can make a mouthwash by mixing the bay seed with water after powdering it.
8) Good for Psoriasis and Eczema Diseases
- Bay seed is a natural recipe for psoriasis and eczema.
- You can mix the laurel seed you have powdered with vinegar and apply it to the psoriasis or eczema area.
- Bay seed is recommended by İbrahim Saracoğlu as a solution to eczema.
Other features and benefits of bay seed are:
- If it is boiled and drunk with horsetail herb, it eliminates stomach problems.
- Bay seed is effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- If the hair is washed with this water obtained by boiling nettle, black cumin and thyme, it prevents hair loss.
- After drying in the sun, powdered laurel seed is effective against all poisonous animal bites and bee stings.
Like any herbal product, laurel seed should be used in overdose. A doctor should be consulted before use. Although laurel seed poisoning or any side effects are not known, its long-term use should be avoided.
What Does Laurel Seed Oil Do?
- Bay seed oil is obtained by pressing the seeds. It has a pleasant smell with a spicy aroma.
- This oil can be used internally and externally. The most common use in the internal method is to drink it by adding to water.
- It can be applied externally by massaging the skin. It can also be used by inhalation if added to the water in the aromatherapy lamp. This method is especially good for upper respiratory tract complaints.
- It can be used by mixing with fixed oils.
- Laurel seed oil can cause allergic reactions, especially in sensitive bodies. Therefore, it is beneficial to use it in a controlled manner.
The benefits of bay seed oil are:
- When applied to the skin, it repairs the skin.
- When applied to the hair, it prevents hair loss and prevents the formation of dandruff in the hair.
- It nourishes the hair.
- If mixed with sesame oil and applied externally, it accelerates blood circulation and prevents cellulite.
- Relieves muscle pain.
- It prevents infections with its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory structure.
- It has a pain reliever effect.
- Heals wounds.
- It reduces the effects of depression.
- It regulates the menstrual cycle in women.
- It is good for respiratory problems.
- It is effective against digestive problems.
- It supports the immune system.
- It improves blood circulation.
Does Laurel Seed Weaken?
Does bay seed support the slimming process?
- Frankly, there is no proven information that laurel seed helps to lose weight.
- However, since it regulates the digestive system, it can increase intestinal activities. This can eliminate if you have problems such as constipation, bloating and edema.
- However, the leaves of the laurel tree help to weaken. Especially the tea made with bay leaf and cinnamon supports the slimming process by accelerating the metabolism.