7 Miraculous Benefits of Lemon for Skin and Face
What are the Benefits of Lemon for the Skin? Lemon, which is an evergreen fruit that grows mostly in temperate climates, is used in cleaning, skin care, health, nutrition and many other areas today. The biggest reason for this is undoubtedly that it has a pleasant-fresh smell and contains vitamin C and citric acid.
The benefits of lemon for the skin are also expressed by those who use it and try the recipes. Knowing the skin type, analyzing the underlying causes of skin problems and paying attention to whether there is a sensitivity to the materials to be used are among the most important factors in order to get the best efficiency from skin applications.
In our daily life, we need to take vitamin C supplements both internally and externally. While vitamin C makes us more resistant to diseases from the inside, it also protects against many microbes that can come from outside. For this, it is beneficial to consume plenty of lemons. Although we prefer it mostly in food and drinks, it will be our bedside material, especially when we learn the benefits of lemon for the skin!
What are the benefits of lemon with honey for the skin, what are the benefits of lemon with ice for the skin, what are the benefits of lemon with carbonate for the skin? You can find answers to many more questions about the skin applications of bright yellow lemons, which are full of life energy, in our article.
1) It dries up acne on the skin!
- Acne (acne) problem is a situation that people of all ages can encounter.
- Sometimes we can experience acne problems due to the effects of the foods we eat, hormones and especially stress.
- In times like these, lemon juice comes to our rescue.
- Applying lemon on the skin, when done properly, is a great solution for acne breakouts before going to a nice party!
- What we need is a piece of gauze or cotton.
- Cut the gauze into small pieces and squeeze a few drops of lemon on it and place it on the pimple.
- After 20 minutes, wash the area.
- Do this step for a few days.
- The citric acid in the lemon juice will break the microbes in the acne area and dry the acne.
- You can apply this application during periods of acne breakouts.
- If you have advanced acne problems, do not act without consulting a dermatologist.
2) Heals blemishes and darkening!
- Darkening and spots occur on our skin due to the effect of the sun and sometimes even wax burns.
- In such cases, if there is no serious damage, you can take advantage of the power of lemon.
- You can apply a mask for the spots on the face, or you can directly apply the lemon to the areas on your body.
- The most important thing to be aware of is the acidic effect of lemon and do not use it as often as it will irritate the skin!
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- few drops of lemon juice
- Among the benefits of olive oil and lemon for the skin, you can take advantage of the pigment-renewing feature with peace of mind.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply on your clean face. After 10-15 minutes, rinse and moisturize.
- Please be careful not to get it around the eyes and around the lips.
- Baking soda also has a stain-enhancing effect as much as lemon.
- For this reason, dry skin can increase the amount of olive oil. You can use this recipe once a week. Sensitive skin should also be very careful!
3) Prevents the formation of blackheads!
- A common problem faced by every young woman, blackheads are usually caused by the accumulation of dirt and oil in the pores of the skin.
- To prevent and reduce the formation of blackheads, careful cleaning of the skin is the first step we must follow.
- However, you can benefit from the good cleansing effect of lemon on the skin.
- Lemon will both clean your pores better and help prevent new formations with its antibacterial properties.
- You can add lemon juice to masks you will prepare at home.
If you want to say, we have a mask recommendation for you:
- If necessary, mix some lemon juice, honey and yoghurt, massage gently on your skin, rinse, then apply your toner and moisturizer.
- You can apply once a week.
- In addition to the benefits of honey and lemon for the skin, you will see that it gives you energy with its fragrant smell.
4) Balances the oil rate on the skin!
- One of the biggest problems of oily skin is acne and facial shine.
- The benefit of lemon for the face is that it both absorbs excess oil from the face and dries the acne caused by oiliness.
- You can apply lemon juice to your care masks or use it as a tonic.
- Applying lemon juice to the skin creates a refreshing effect, but how can we double this effect?
- Mix some rose water and a few drops of lemon juice.
- After cleaning your skin, pour it on a cotton ball and wipe your skin.
- If you want, you can prepare this mixture in a small bottle and put it in the fridge and use it when needed.
5) Relieves cracks in the skin!
- Another benefit of applying lemon to the skin is to lighten and remove the cracks in your body due to excess weight gain.
- Since the vitamin C in it has a cell regenerative effect, it will have an effect in regular use.
- Take a half cut lemon and massage it on the cracks.
- You can apply this every other day. Apply as often as not to cause skin irritation without using too much pressure.
- Almond oil is also a natural alternative for stretch marks.
6) It cleans the dead skin with its peeling effect!
- Peeling is one of the most effective methods that purifies our skin from dead skin and provides vitality to the skin.
- You can include lemon in your peeling masks or apply it directly to the skin.
- To apply to the skin, you can rub granulated sugar on half a lemon and massage your skin for a few minutes.
- While the granules of sugar will stimulate the skin, the lemon will also clean the dead skin.
- In this step, be careful not to press the lemon too much on your skin and then apply a moisturizer.
7) Revitalizes the skin!
- The benefits of iced lemon for the skin are also turbocharged.
- Cold applications help keep the skin youthful, so it is better not to use very hot water as much as possible when washing your face or even taking a shower.
- After mixing mineral water and lemon juice and pouring it into ice molds, if you put one of these molds on your face every day, you will both nourish your skin and take precautions against the effects of aging.
- In addition to using lemon for skin care, we also need to consume it frequently as a food.
- It is very important to take advantage of the vitamin C in it against diseases, especially in the winter months.
- You can add a few drops of fresh lemon juice to herbal teas or add it to your drinking water.
- Thus, the cells in your skin will be renewed faster and your skin will have a more lively appearance.