What is Hyaluronic Acid? In Which Foods Is It Found?
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that keeps the skin and tissues moist. From this point of view, it is possible to say that hyaluronic acid is a good moisturizer. It has the ability to hold water up to a thousand times its own weight.
- It occurs naturally in high concentrations in the skin, joints, and eyes. Its most important task is to provide humidity and slipperiness. With age, the level of hyaluronic acid in the body decreases. Consequently; results such as wrinkles on the skin, loss of vitality and moisture, and wear and tear on the joints are seen.
- Today, hyaluronic acid supplements can be made in the laboratory environment. These supplements are used to reduce the signs of aging and to prevent some health problems.
- Hyaluronic acid is found in the body in liquid form. It is known to be good for eye health as well as skin.
- Hyaluronic acid is found in about 80 percent of the eyes.
- Hyaluronic acid is good for eye health as well as ailments such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
What Does Hyaluronic Acid Do? 10 Miraculous Skin Benefits
As a supplement that beautifies the skin, hyaluronic acid is also recommended by Osman Müftüoğlu. Hyaluronic acid, which is included in many cosmetic products, has miraculous effects on skin health.
The benefits of hyaluronic acid and its incredible effects on the skin include:
- It provides natural moisturizing of the whole body, especially the skin and hair.
- It keeps the skin moist and prevents skin dryness.
- Dry skin causes wrinkles to occur and deepen over time with advancing age.
- Hyaluronic acid keeps the skin moist and prevents the formation of wrinkles and the deepening of existing wrinkles.
- It makes the skin look bright, lively, smooth and natural.
- It prevents the formation of acne and removes the previous acne scars.
- When used regularly, it greatly reduces the signs of aging. It makes the skin look natural, lively and bright despite age.
- When collagen decreases in the body, the skin loses its elasticity and sagging occurs on the skin. Hyaluronic acid prevents the skin from sagging by supporting the formation of collagen fibers.
- It provides healing of wounds and inflammation on the skin.
- It protects skin health by supporting the regeneration of cells.
In Which Foods Is Hyaluronic Acid Found?
There are many ways to increase the level of hyaluronic acid in the body. One of them is to consume foods containing hyaluronic acid. By giving more place to foods containing naturally hyaluronic acid in your diet, you can increase the rate of hyaluronic acid in your body, thus delaying the signs of aging.
Foods containing zinc, magnesium, vitamin C, animal foods, vegetables and fruits naturally contain hyaluronic acid.
List of Foods Containing Hyaluronic Acid:
- Sweet potato
- Brussels sprouts
- Whole grains
- brown rice
- Chicken meat
- chicken broth
- Red meat
- marrow bone broth
- soy milk
How to Use Products Containing Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is one of the most used substances in the cosmetic industry today. It is possible to easily obtain serum, cream, mask and vitamin types as skin care products. In addition, hyaluronic acid injections can be made under the skin in beauty centers.
- Hyaluronic Acid Serums: There are many brands of hyaluronic acid serums on the market. The prices of these products vary according to the brand. Using hyaluronic acid serums is quite easy. Cleanse your face with a suitable face wash gel and then take a piece of the hyaluronic acid serum in your hand and apply it evenly all over your face. Finally, moisturize your skin with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type. You can use hyaluronic acid serum daily.
- Hyaluronic Acid Cream: Another product that you can use daily is hyaluronic acid cream. You can apply hyaluronic acid cream to your skin as a moisturizer.
- Hyaluronic Acid Vitamin: This product is often used in beauty centers. It is applied by injecting under the skin. It only affects the area where it is applied. You can have hyaluronic acid vitamin application in the periods recommended by your beautician or dermatologist.
- Hyaluronic Acid Mask: The most recommended product for people with skin type that needs extra moisture is the hyaluronic acid mask. If you have a dry skin type, you can apply a hyaluronic acid mask once or twice a week after cleansing your skin.
Hyaluronic acid has no known side effects or harm to the skin. However, if you are going to use the cosmetic product you bought for the first time, we recommend that you test it on a small area of your skin. You may be allergic to a different ingredient in the product.
If you are going to use hyaluronic acid in tablet form as a medicine, you must strictly follow the instructions and dosage recommended by your physician. You should not take hyaluronic acid tablets without your doctor’s advice.