Artichoke Nutrition Facts: How Many Calories in Artichoke?
Artichoke is a plant that grows in the Mediterranean and Aegean regions, heals with its benefits, and is a health-friendly plant when combined with olive oil. Artichoke, which has blue and purple flowers, is consumed frequently in spring. Since the most productive and delicious seasons are spring months, canned food is made in order to consume it in winter. Artichokes take their place among delicious foods both in canned form and in fresh form.
It also draws attention with its artichoke appearance. To consume the artichoke, you should prefer the pre-seeding period. After fully showing its flowers, the artichoke becomes a hardy plant and unsuitable for consumption. Artichoke is a very powerful plant in terms of nutritional values. Now, artichoke, which has a place in healthy nutrition, will be in front of you with its calorie values. It’s time to get to know the artichoke, which has an important place for heart health and immune system, with its calories.
Artichoke, which is consumed deliciously from its salad to its filling, will be in your kitchen with very special recipes. All now on this page!
How Many Calories in Artichoke?
Artichoke is one of the foods you should choose to live a healthier life. With artichoke, you can keep cancer and infectious diseases away from your body. Because it contains antioxidant substances and protects the body resistance.
So, how many calories are in fresh artichokes? Let’s examine the numbers that will help you while controlling the portion:
- How many calories in 1 artichoke: 33 calories
- How many calories in 100 g of artichoke: 22 calories
- 1 large artichoke: 66 calories
- 200 grams of artichokes: 44 calories
How Many Calories in Artichokes with Olive Oil?
It consists of two parts with artichoke leaves and core. Consumption of the sap is not very common. The belly part is called artichoke heart and delicious dishes are made from this part. If desired, garnish is added to the hollow-shaped cavity and an artichoke dish with olive oil is prepared.
If you ask how many calories are artichokes with olive oil, which is frequently consumed in Mediterranean and Aegean cuisine, you will see the following figures:
- 1 serving of artichokes with olive oil: 147 calories
- Half a serving of artichokes with olive oil: 74 calories
- Large serving of artichokes with olive oil: 184 calories
- 1 tablespoon of artichokes with olive oil: 26 calories
- 1 full tablespoon of artichokes with olive oil: 29 calories
- 300 grams of artichokes with olive oil: 221 calories
How Many Calories in Stuffed Artichoke?
Stuffed artichokes are also prepared and a very healthy food is prepared. To prepare stuffed artichokes, you need flowering artichokes. It is a very effective food for your health in its filling form. If we take a look at the amount of calories in stuffed artichokes; Here is our list:
- 1 serving of stuffed artichokes: 514 calories
- 50 grams of stuffed artichokes: 17 calories
- 100 grams of stuffed artichoke: 34 calories
- 200 grams of stuffed artichokes: 69 calories
How Many Calories in Artichoke Salad?
Artichoke, which is rich in vitamins and minerals, is a salad ingredient frequently preferred by salad lovers. Salad prepared with artichokes is both satisfying and beneficial. When you want to diversify your main meals or eat a hearty salad during the day, you can prepare an artichoke salad.
We thought you would be curious about the calorie information before tasting it, and we calculated the calories of the artichoke salad:
- 1 tablespoon of artichoke salad: 17 calories
- 1 serving of artichoke salad: 95 calories
- 100 grams of artichoke salad: 57 calories
How Many Calories in Minced Artichoke?
Another type of dish where artichokes are flavored will be minced artichokes. Stuffing the artichoke hearts by preparing a minced meat mortar brings a food rich in B vitamins and protein to the meals. Artichokes, which are usually cooked with a side dish, seem to give delicious odors with minced meat. When you want to consume the artichoke, you can offer it as minced meat. But first, you should know the calorie value of minced artichoke.
Let’s examine together what changes will occur in the amount of calories when meat and vegetables are together:
- 1 tablespoon of minced artichokes: 16 calories
- 1 tablespoon of minced artichokes: 26 calories
- 1 serving of minced artichokes: 126 calories
- 50 grams of minced artichoke: 39 calories
- 100 grams of minced artichoke: 78 calories
Artichoke Nutrition Facts
Artichoke is a vegetable with high nutritional value and beneficial for health in many ways. It contains plenty of quercetin substances that protect heart health. With its antioxidant feature, it meets the needs of those who want to both lose weight and maintain their form. If we list the vitamins and minerals in artichokes, we can focus on the following results:
- 3.95 grams of carbohydrates
- 3.6 grams of protein
- 0.18 grams of fat
- 16.18 grams of fiber
- 70.5 mg sodium
- 525 mg potassium
- 79.5 mg calcium
- 25.5 iu of vitamin A
- 12mg of vitamin C
- 2.25 iron