How Many Calories in Coke?
Although the harms of cola are known among the most frequently consumed drinks after water, tea and coffee, it is undoubtedly one of the most popular beverages of the age, consumed by large masses all over the world. In fast food menus, while enjoying the movies, coke-corn or chips-cola getaways, cola with its distinctive appetizing smell to cool down contains high levels of sugar.
Coke was actually invented in 1886 with a completely improvised recipe. A pharmacist in Atlanta, Georgia, Dr. John S. Pemberton prepared a syrupy drink on May 8th and was admired by everyone he served. Turning this interest into trade, the pharmacist later added carbonate to the coke and offered this acidic sugary drink for sale for 5 cents a glass. When it first came out, its slogan was ‘Delicious and Refreshing’. Having prepared a logo with his own handwriting along with its slogan, Pemberton shipped this drink in red barrels for the first time, and the color that became integrated with this drink was red.
Coke, which has kept its popularity up to date since the end of the 1880s, is offered for sale in diet, sugar-free and classic varieties. In this article, we will be answering questions such as how many calories in cola, how many calories in 1 glass of cola, does cola make you gain weight. Can we get a coke before writing? We leave that right below, have a pleasant reading!
How Many Calories in Coke?
We wouldn’t be exaggerating if we say it’s a sugar and calorie store; but we can’t resist when we feel bad, can we? After all, its addictive effect has been proven… Well, do we think about how many calories are in a glass of cola? For curious questions, the calorie values of cola are as follows:
- How many calories in 1 glass of coke? 1 glass (200 ml) cola 122 kcal
- 1 cup (330 g) Coke 201 kcal
- How many calories in Coca Cola? 1 can (330 ml) Coca Cola 149 kcal
- How many calories in Coke Zero? 1 can (330 ml) Coca Cola Zero 1 kcal
- How many calories in 1 liter of coke? 1 liter (1000 gr) Coke 610 kcal
How Many Calories in Light Coke?
Diet Coke, which is thought to be healthier than the amount of sugar in classic coke, does not contain sugar. However, substances used for flavoring also cause insulin resistance. So, just because it’s sugar free doesn’t mean it’s healthy. So how many calories in diet coke?
- 1 can (330 ml) of diet cola 1 kcal
- 1 cup (200 ml) of diet coke 1 kcal
Does Coke Make You Gain Weight?
There are 7 cubes of sugar in 1 glass of cola, and 15 cubes of sugar in 1 can of cola. In fact, if you put this much sugar in the same amount of water, tea or coffee, you would not want to drink it. Although the sugar rate in Diet Coke is lower, it causes insulin resistance because of the use of unnatural sweeteners. In addition to its sugar content, its acidity causes serious problems not only in the stomach but also in all organs. In addition, the caffeine substance retains excess water in the body and creates edema.
Despite all these harmful properties, we are in the 20th rank in worldwide cola consumption. Although its acidic structure facilitates digestion, cola causes weight gain in excessive and unconscionable consumption. Coke, which contains caffeine, acid and many harmful substances together with sugar, whose wearing effects on the human body are now known by everyone, not only does not cause weight gain, but also causes harmful effects on the esophagus, liver, stomach, kidney and many organs from the mouth and teeth health in the first sip.
Let us remind you that it is a drink that should not be included in any part of a healthy diet, let alone to stay away from those who are on a diet.
The Harms of Coke, Its Effects on the Body
- The moment you drink a Coke, you will inadvertently get 10 teaspoons of sugar into your body, that is, exactly 100 times your daily requirement. Isn’t it too much?
- Based on the authority given by so much sugar, you store insulin in your body, which makes fat in the liver.
- Then your blood sugar rises at full strength, and as if that wasn’t enough, you crave something extra sweet and you get hungry. Again, you get stuck in the cola-sweet-food triangle. From now on, let’s call it an invitation to diabetes, let’s say obesity, of course the results are not very bright in both cases.
- Not only that, it also causes damage to the bone structure, especially dental caries. Growing children should avoid coke whenever possible, or even never meet them.
- Coke is addictive. Caffeine addiction is one of them.
- It causes the excretion of calcium in the kidneys. It also slows calcium absorption.
- The immune system of individuals who drink Coke regularly weakens, and they get sick more quickly than individuals who do not consume it.
- Due to sudden fluctuations in blood sugar, it increases the risk of disease in the vessels leading to the heart.
- The body stores fat easily and tends to store fat when consumed regularly.
- It causes bone loss. Because it provides the secretion of hormones that soften the bone structure. Muscle wasting is also a result of this.
- A person who claimed to drink the most cola in 2001 died of carbon dioxide poisoning after drinking 8 liters of cola. Coke contains a high percentage of carbon dioxide, we prefer oxygen.
- It contains cocaine and ethyl alcohol.
Uses of Coke You Haven’t Heard Before
- If the coins in your wallet seem dark to you, you can use the coke to shine your coins.
- Coke can be an auxiliary material in tile cleaning. Pour some cola on and between your tiles, let them sit and wipe. It will show the cleaning effect.
- Gum stuck in your hair, what will you do? No fuss! You can separate the gum from your hair after you wait for a while in a container full of coke.
- Coke can also be used for toilet cleaning. Okay, we agree, it’s not very attractive to use a beverage to clean the toilet; but we wanted you to know. Coke can be your assistant in cleaning the sink and toilet.
- Due to its acidic structure, it has a lethal effect on slippery insects such as slugs and snails.
- Do your pots and pans have burnt spots on the edges or inside? Then the solution is simple, Coke! Add coke and leave it for at least 1 hour, ideally until the morning, then wash it off.
- A medium size swimming pool can be cleaned with 4 liters of coke.
- With Coke, you can clean blood stains on your clothes. They say blood stains are hard to remove, and try it easily.
- As with coins, you can clean rust, dirt and tarnish on iron and metals. It makes your metal items shine.
- You dyed your hair, but what is that? Is it dark in color? Then wash your hair with some Coke after dyeing and see the difference. Cola lightens hair color.
- In cases such as mosquito bites and insect stings, you can massage the places where pain and aches occur with cotton balls dropped on the arm. It will relieve itching.
- Did you know that you can use coke to clean and polish car bolts, battery terminals, and car engine cleaning? You will get very clean results.
- Do you have pencil stains on your carpet? Pour some coke onto a clean cloth and thoroughly wipe the stained area. It will remove pencil smudges.