9 Important Benefits of Using Miswak
Miswak, which has survived from the past to the present, has an important meaning in terms of its structure and many positive effects. Although the benefits of the miswak are not widely known today or the miswak is not used often, it is useful not to ignore its spiritual and scientific importance.
Hz. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) stated that the miswak used before the worship will have a powerful effect in terms of cleanliness and said, “Use the miswak . Without a doubt, the miswak is a cleaner for the mouth.” he ordered. In this sense, there are many hadiths about the benefits of miswak and miswak.
What Are the Benefits of Miswak?
- Eliminates Bad Breath
- Prevents Headaches
- Protects Tooth Enamel
- Strengthens Gums
- Eases Digestion
- Prevents Excessive Foaming
- Prevents Bacteria Formation
When it comes to health, the application of more organic methods, as far away from chemicals as possible, is effective both in providing the right treatment and in avoiding excessive expenses. If you have never used a miswak before or if you are wondering what the benefits of using a miswak are, you can create a different alternative for your oral and dental health with this article we have prepared for you.
So, what is miswak?
The miswak obtained from the Salvadora persica tree, that is, the miswak tree branch, is about the average finger thickness and is cut to the length of a toothbrush. The tip is also chipped into a form like a toothbrush tip. When you get the Miswak stick ready, the tip may not be opened and you can open the tip yourself.
The question of how to use Miswak may confuse you when you see this bar. In this case, you need to chip off the bark part of your stick with a knife. Afterwards, you can make notches vertically with a knife to make the wire part inside the rod like a brush tip.
The difference in the use of Miswak toothbrush is the way of use. You have to use the miswak vertically, as the tip gets dirty, you can use the new, fresh interior by chipping it again. Fresh miswak is rubbed directly on the teeth and dry miswak is used by keeping it in water for 1 day.
So let’s take a look at the different benefits of miswak together!
What Are the Benefits of Miswak?
1) Eliminates Bad Breath
- One of the biggest problems we experience during the day is the appearance of bad breath.
- It may not be possible to prevent bad odors, especially if you frequently enter crowded environments, experience long-term hunger or neglect your oral care.
- Thanks to the natural aroma in miswak, you can easily remove bad odors and prevent gas from the stomach.
2) Prevents Headaches
- It has been stated that miswak, which is used regularly by experts in the field of alternative medicine, prevents headaches thanks to the ingredients in it.
- If you have encountered an annoying problem such as a headache and you are worried about using medicine, you can provide quick solutions with miswak.
- However, we recommend that you do not use more miswak than necessary in order to avoid any negative results.
3) Protects Tooth Enamel
- The way to healthy teeth is through healthy tooth enamel!
- Irritation of tooth enamel is among the main causes of toothache or bleeding gums.
- Toothpastes kill all bacteria in the mouth, but miswak only kills harmful bacteria, providing a more balanced care.
- You can also start using the miswak right away and be aware of the benefits of the miswak for teeth.
- If you are wondering if the miswak will whiten my teeth , we can say that you will benefit from this. The essential oil and cellulose-containing structure in the branch can make the teeth whiter.
4) Strengthens Gums
- Did you know that miswak is a complete source of antioxidants?
- Thanks to its natural formula and mineral structure, miswak rapidly prevents the formation of microbes in the junction of teeth and gums.
- At the same time, if you experience bleeding gums frequently, if the toothbrush or toothpaste you use harms your gums, we recommend you to use a miswak.
5) Eases Digestion
- Many toothpastes on the market have different effects on the body due to the chemicals in them.
- If you pay attention to your oral health and diet, it will be important for you to choose the right products.
- Thanks to its natural structure, miswak creates a feeling of satiety and eliminates the heat in the body. In this way, you can both apply an effective oral care and provide the feeling of satiety in an easy way.
6) Prevents Excessive Foaming
- Texapone, which makes toothpastes foam in the mouth, causes many dental diseases and allergic reactions.
- At the same time, excessive intake of this substance will reduce body resistance and adversely affect the structure of the teeth.
- Unlike toothpastes, miswak does not contain texapon, and thus, a stronger tooth structure emerges in a very short time.
7) Prevents Bacteria Formation
- Scientific benefits, which are in an important position among the benefits of Miswak, are especially beneficial in the health sector.
- According to studies conducted in many countries , it has been determined that the use of miswak kills more bacteria than other methods.
- At the same time, by using miswak regularly, you can fight against dental diseases and create an effective resistance for your body.
- If you ask how many days it takes to cut the miswak tip , we can say that it would be better to cut it in 3-4 days on average.
- There is no need to worry about how much miswak is used and whether it will break . It does not decompose after washing it after use, keeping it in an airy place and cutting it at the appropriate time.