7 Tips to Extend the Life of Cast Iron Cookware
Usage of Casting Pot: All Details
If you like to spend time in the kitchen and you like to try new tastes, the environment and the kitchen tools you will use are as important as the right cooking.
The better the food you cook for a dinner or to set a stylish table, the more you can enjoy the food you eat. Although it is often thought that good food can be made with only hand taste or skill, of course, the correct and complete kitchen helpers are of great importance. Just like cast iron pans!
Cast pans, which add flavor to both meat and vegetable dishes, have come to the forefront especially in recent years, leading to questions such as what is a cast iron cookware, how to use a cast pot, or is it healthy. Even bread can be made in a cast-iron pan.
The way to use these cast iron cookware, which has been used for many years from past to present and has no negative effects on health, is to know all its features. In addition to the different tastes of cast-iron dishes, it also has positive effects on health and budget. For this reason, cast iron cookware, which has been called a reliable cooking method in recent years, has started to take place in many kitchens and open the door to delicious tastes.
If you say that you know what cast iron cookware is, but you do not have complete knowledge of how to use it, you can find answers to your questions such as how to use cast iron cookware and what are the features of cast pots, how to clean cast iron pots, how cast pots should be!
7 Tips to Extend the Life of Cast Iron Cookware
1) Extra Durability by Baking Method
- If you are going to buy cast iron cookware for the first time in your kitchen and you have decided to be among those who use cast iron, first of all, you should pay attention to the coated or uncoated feature of the pot. Casting cookware brands offer different options in this regard.
- Since uncoated cast iron pans are a bit more difficult to use than coated ones, you can make your pan more durable in terms of health and taste thanks to this little tip we will offer for you.
- Before using the cast iron cookware for the first time, clean your cast-iron pot with detergent and sponge, and then lightly lubricate its interior with one of the oils such as olive oil or sesame oil.
- Place the oiled pan upside down in the preheated oven and leave it for about 1 hour at 180 to 200 degrees.
- After this period, leave your pot to cool in the oven for 1.5 hours. If you do these before using cast iron cookware, you will increase the durability of the product. Your pot is now ready for use!
2) Avoiding Acidic Foods
- Generally, cooking acidic foods in cast iron pans is not considered right in terms of health and taste.
- When you ask how to use a cast iron cookware, we can say that you will get very delicious results when you cook the appropriate dishes.
- If you have good and quality cast iron cookware, if you have increased its durability with the right baking method, it is okay to cook acidic foods in your pot.
- However, cast pans may not always be in the same production conditions and of the same quality.
- Depending on the brand, the answer to the question of what is among the cast-iron dishes may vary.
- For this reason, we recommend that you do not cook acidic foods too often for the health of your pot and your body.
3) Practical Protection for Enamel
- Cast pans also have different types and can be produced with raw or enamel coating.
- Don’t be intimidated by the enamel coating on your cast iron pans!
- Thanks to this practical method, you can use your cast iron cooker without hesitation and make more delicious meals.
- Before first use enameled cast iron pots maintained in the framework wash with warm water and detergent casserole.
- Then dry it with the help of a towel.
- Lubricate a very small amount with liquid oil and take it to the stove and heat it in a hollow for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
- At the end of this period, remove the excess oil and leave your pan to cool.
- You do not need to repeat this method, which you will apply before the first use.
4) Fat Absorption with Salt
- Chemical products are not recommended for cleaning cast iron cookware.
- If you ask whether the cast iron cookware can be washed in the dishwasher, most brands do not recommend this, but there are options suitable for this cleaning method, although the price varies.
- If you are thinking about how to clean the oil that has accumulated in your cast iron after a crowded dinner, this method is for you!
- Now, let’s answer the questions of how to wash cast iron cookware or how to clean cast iron cookware.
- After cleaning the first residues with the help of a cloth or towel, put some salt in your pot and rub it well.
- Then wash your pot thoroughly with a soft soapy sponge and let it dry.
5) Deep Cleaning with Vinegar
- Vinegar, one of the main helpers of kitchens, is also a savior for your cast iron cookware.
- Vinegar is one of the effective materials used for cleaning cast iron cookware.
- If you cannot spare time to clean your pots after a whole day’s tiredness, meal preparations, or crowded guest tables, you can create a solution with some vinegar.
- Add some vinegar to your pot that you have cleaned from food residues or oil and leave it overnight.
- The next morning, rinse your pot thoroughly with a soft sponge and warm water.
6) Correct and Appropriate Use
- The most natural way to extend the life of a cast iron cookware is to know how to use it.
- Cast pots, which differ from other pots in terms of their structure, may not be suitable for every meal.
- For this reason, before using cast iron cookware in your kitchen, we recommend that you get information about which dishes it is suitable for.
- In other words, if you say what to pay attention to when buying cast iron cookware, your priority should be to research what you can use this pot for.
- By staying away from tomato sauces with high acidity, delicate fish, cold foods that are likely to stick, or desserts, you can both extend the durability of your pot and cook the right meals in terms of health and taste.
7) Staying Away From Metals
- It is very useful to use cast iron for dishes that are more delicious and keep their nutritional value.
- Among the advantages of cast iron cookware, we can count that it supports the use of less oil, is efficient because it keeps heat for a long time, can be used as a tray in the oven, does not contain chemicals, is not easily scratched and is durable.
- In addition, the answer to the question of whether the cast iron can be put in the refrigerator is yes, so you can ensure that the food you want stays cold for a long time.
- Since the quality and structure of the cast iron cookware will cause the taste to be fully reflected, it is necessary to stay away from minor damages or tools that will damage the pot.
- You can keep the structure of your pot as it was on the first day by staying away from excessively pointed, hard, and metal kitchen utensils or thick and hard cleaning materials.
- Wooden spoons are one of the healthiest kitchen utensils if they are cleaned regularly.