Which Vegetables and Fruits to Eat in November?
November, when the cold weather starts to make itself felt, is a time when many vegetables take their place on the counters. As experts say; The most important rule of healthy nutrition is to consume vegetables and fruits in season.
So, what are the November vegetables? What fruits are consumed in November? Do you know which vegetables we should consume for our health this month?
Here are the vegetables that we will see frequently on the counters during this month… Don’t forget to include more of these vegetables while preparing the November menu!
What Vegetables to Eat in November?
- Sweet potato
- White cabbage
- Red radish
- Red cabbage
- Brussels Sprouts
- Indispensable for healthy tables, leeks are onions. It is similar in structure to onions and garlic.
- Leeks contain plenty of calcium, iron, potassium, folic acid, niacin, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, sodium and vitamins A, C, E, and K. It is also rich in fiber.
- Thanks to the nutrients it contains, we can say that leek is a powerful antioxidant. Thanks to this feature, it eliminates many factors that pave the way for chronic diseases. It acts as a protective shield against cancer.
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases by preventing arteriosclerosis. It lowers bad cholesterol.
- It is heart-friendly. It regulates blood circulation.
- Thanks to the vitamin K it contains, it strengthens the bones.
- It is a fiber-rich food. Thanks to this feature, it improves and regulates the intestinal system. It is especially effective against constipation.
- It has diuretic properties.
- Thanks to its iron content, it is effective against the problem of anemia. It also prevents hair loss.
- It cleans the kidneys and liver.
- Thanks to the vitamin C it contains, it is protective against winter diseases.
- Appetite. Thanks to these and all other features, it is a very useful vegetable for children in developmental age.
- It is effective against gout.
- It regulates the sugar level in the blood. Therefore, it is a recommended food for diabetics.
- Leek can be consumed as a hot meal or with olive oil. Its hot meal can be cooked with minced meat or rice. In addition, leek patties, leek soup, leek muffins, leek pie or leek omelet can be prepared.
- Spinach, which is almost integrated with Popeye, is a very useful vegetable thanks to its nutritious content.
- Rich in potassium, calcium, and iron, this food also contains vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, and K.
- It is rich in protein. It contains 2.5 grams of protein in 100 grams of spinach.
- Contrary to its benefits, it is a low-calorie vegetable. 100 grams of spinach meal is only 76 kcal calories. Thanks to this feature, it is an ideal dish for those who are on a diet.
- Thanks to its fiber content, it is a gut-friendly food. 100 grams of spinach contains 2.5 grams of fiber. Therefore, spinach regulates and improves intestinal functions. It is effective against constipation.
- Thanks to the vitamins, minerals and components it contains, it protects the body against cancer. It prevents the growth of cancer cells. It literally renews all cells.
- It cleanses the body of toxins.
- It is beneficial for the kidneys and liver.
- Thanks to the vitamin A it contains, it protects and improves eye health.
- Spinach, which is a food rich in vitamin K, strengthens bones thanks to this feature. It prevents bone resorption.
- Thanks to its iron content, it prevents anemia and iron deficiency. Thanks to the lutein and zeaxanthin it contains, it prevents aging. Spinach juice in particular has a rejuvenating effect.
- You can consume spinach in a variety of ways. For example, you can squeeze the juice in a vegetable juicer and drink it. You can make a pot dish with minced meat, rice or bulgur. You can prepare spinach cake, pies, quiche, muffins, pancakes, pancakes, omelets. If you wish, you can make the soup and drink it.
- Cauliflower, one of the most delicious vegetables of the winter season; It is rich in protein, carbohydrates, potassium, calcium, iron, and vitamins A, C, and K.
- Like other vegetables, cauliflower is low in calories. Therefore, it is an ideal food for those who want to control weight.
- Cauliflower regulates the digestive system. It improves all digestive functions.
- Thanks to the vitamin A in it, it protects and improves eye health.
- It renews the cells in the nervous system. Therefore, it reduces the risk of stress and depression.
- Cauliflower juice protects brain health. It prevents the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is good for urinary tract infections and menstrual pains.
- Balances cholesterol.
- It provides protection against cancer by protecting cells.
- Thanks to its iron content, it fights anemia and iron deficiency. Therefore, it eliminates complaints such as weakness and fatigue caused by iron deficiency.
- You can boil the cauliflower and eat it with yogurt or sauce. If you wish, you can prepare soup or mincemeat dish. You can squeeze and drink the juice. We know, it is surprising for many of you, but you can prepare pizza or rice.
- Celery is a food rich in protein, potassium, calcium, folic acid, fiber, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, manganese, riboflavin, phosphorus, beta carotene, flavonoid and iron; It also contains vitamins A, C, E, and K.
- Thanks to all these features, celery is useful food for the digestive system. It prevents constipation.
- It is protective against cancer.
- Thanks to its calcium and vitamin K content, it protects bone health.
- It lowers bad cholesterol.
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it protects the body from chronic and acute inflammation.
- Relieves rheumatic pains.
- It is heart-friendly. It reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- It is effective against gout.
- It cleans the liver.
- Thanks to the vitamins C and E in it, it protects the health of the skin and hair. It delays the signs of aging with its anti-aging effect.
- Protects and improves eye health.
- It is known to increase sexual power.
- It is possible to consume celery in various ways. For example, you can prepare a salad or soup.
- You can make the pickle. If you wish, you can prepare hot food or olive oil.
- Jerusalem artichoke is one of the preferred vegetables due to its low calories as well as its benefits.
- 100 grams of Jerusalem artichoke is only 75 kcal calories.
- This vegetable, like the others, is rich in potassium, sodium, calcium, iron, folic acid, fiber, and vitamins A and C.
- Jerusalem artichoke contains a substance called inulin. Inulin has a protective effect against many diseases. It is known to have a protective effect, especially against colon cancer. It strengthens immunity and increases body resistance.
- Thanks to the potassium it contains, Jerusalem artichoke reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- In addition, thanks to the iron in it, it is good for iron deficiency and anemia problems. It relieves complaints such as weakness and fatigue caused by these problems.
- It has diuretic properties.
- It is effective against constipation. Relieves hemorrhoid complaints. Regulates and improves the digestive system.
- Thanks to vitamins A and C in it, it beautifies the skin.
- It relieves the symptoms of winter diseases. It relieves cough by softening the chest.
- Protects and improves eye health.
- It is beneficial for the kidneys.
- It regulates blood sugar. It is a vegetable recommended for diabetics as it does not contain starch.
- It maintains bone health.
- Relieves complaints of rheumatic diseases. It is a recommended vegetable for patients in this group.
- Jerusalem artichoke can be consumed raw or cooked with olive oil. It can also be chopped or grated and added to salads.
- Beetroot, which is a full antioxidant store with its red color; It is rich in potassium, folic acid, calcium, iron, and vitamins A, B, C, and P.
- Beetroot lowers blood pressure. In this way, it reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Fights acute and chronic inflammation.
- Supports mental and mental health.
- It reduces appetite. It is also low in calories. Thanks to these two features, it help the weight loss process.
- Exercise has a positive effect on performance. It is one of the vegetables recommended to athletes.
- Thanks to the betanin substance it contains, red beet is protective against cancer.
- If you are thinking, “How can I feed red beet to children”, let us give you some information right away. Kids absolutely love their freshly baked beetroot chips. We think it’s worth a try!
- If you wish, you can boil the beet and consume it or squeeze the juice and drink it. You can also prepare the salad or pickle.
- Thanks to the high amount of beta carotene in carrots, it is a very beneficial vegetable for health.
- Once beta carotene enters the body, it turns into vitamin A. Carrot is the vegetable with the highest amount of vitamin A.
- In addition to vitamin A, carrots are rich in niacin, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, phosphorus, iron, sodium, folic acid, magnesium, folate, calcium minerals, and vitamins B6, C, E, and K. It also contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- Vitamin A protects cells against oxidative stress. In this way, it minimizes the risk of developing cancer.
- It also improves vision health. It is very good for eye disorders.
- One medium-sized carrot can meet the daily fiber requirement on its own. Therefore, we can say that the carrot regulates the digestive system, improves it, and reduces complaints such as hemorrhoids and constipation.
- It regulates blood sugar.
- It is known that carrots contain many minerals that are good for muscle cramps.
- It also reduces stress hormones thanks to the potassium it contains. Therefore, it is a vegetable that positively affects mental health.
- Eating carrots regularly makes the skin beautiful. It also protects the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
- You can prepare very different menus with carrots. Carrots actually find their place in many vegetable dishes. You can also make carrot cake or carrot balls. You can grate the carrot into a salad or simply make a carrot salad. If you wish, you can squeeze the carrot in a vegetable juicer and drink the juice.
- Turnip is a vegetable with high nutritional value thanks to the vitamins, minerals and components it contains. Rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K, this vegetable also contains manganese, beta carotene, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, potassium, folate, fiber, and niacin.
- Turnip aids digestion. Constipation, diarrhea, bloating, etc. Eliminates digestive problems.
- Being a powerful antioxidant, this vegetable supports immunity. It keeps the body vigorous and fit.
- It prevents the formation of cancer and other serious diseases.
- It fights chronic and acute inflammation in the body.
- It is effective against winter diseases.
- It strengthens bones and maintains bone health.
- It reduces the complaints of rheumatoid arthritis patients.
- It supports the weight loss process.
- It accelerates metabolism.
- Protects and improves eye health.
- It alleviates the effects of depression.
- It nourishes the skin and makes it look healthy. It delays the signs of aging.
- Turnip juice, which is usually drunk with kebabs; It is prepared using turnip, purple carrot, bulgur yeast, hot pepper and salt. Thanks to the combination of turnip and purple carrot, the antioxidant value of turnip juice is almost doubled. Therefore, you can use your healthy beverage preference for turnip juice.
- You can consume turnip raw if you wish, and add it to salads and meals. You can also make pickled turnips.
9) Red Radish
- We continue our list with red-colored vegetables. Red radish, which many experts define as a health store, is also a November vegetable.
- Red radish, rich in vitamins A and C, also contains potassium, calcium, and iron.
- Thanks to the high fiber content in red radish, it is good for constipation. However, due to the sulfur compounds, it contains, it may cause gas complaints in some people. Beware of!
- Red radish, which increases the oxygen reaching the blood, controls the damage to the red blood cells.
- It is a good source of vitamin C. With this feature, it protects the body from colds and winter diseases.
- It reduces oxidative stress in cells. Increases immunity. It nourishes and beautifies the skin. It acts as a protective shield against cancer.
- It controls blood pressure. Thanks to the potassium in it, it lowers high blood pressure.
- Radish, which is a food rich in iodine, protects the person from thyroid diseases thanks to this feature.
- Red radish can be consumed raw or added to salads.
10) White Cabbage
- One of the vegetables that deserve to find more place on your table during the winter months is white cabbage.
- This vegetable, which is a complete vitamin store, contains vitamins B, C, and E. It is also rich in iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- When white cabbage is consumed regularly, it helps to cleanse the body by removing toxins from the body.
- It is a powerful antioxidant.
- It is especially effective against winter diseases. It strengthens immunity.
- It is protective against cancer.
- It is both low in calories and keeps you full. Thanks to these features, it helps the slimming process.
- Thanks to the fiber it contains, it regulates and improves the intestinal system.
- So how can white cabbage be consumed? If you want, you can squeeze the juice and drink it, or you can consume it raw. You can make kapuska by adding rice, bulgur, buckwheat or ground beef. If you like wraps, you can prepare stuffed cabbage. If you wish, you can make pickles and eat them throughout the winter.
11) Red Cabbage
- Also known as purple cabbage, this vegetable is a food with high antioxidant value.
- Red cabbage, which is rich in sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, also contains vitamins A and C.
- Thanks to the antioxidants it contains, red cabbage protects the cells.
- It helps to remove toxins from the body.
- It gives energy to the body, strengthens immunity.
- It is the best supporter of the diet process as it creates a feeling of fullness for a long time.
- He is almost a fighter against inflammation. It combats acute and chronic inflammation.
- Thanks to the potassium it contains, it regulates blood pressure.
- It beautifies the skin and reduces wrinkles. It helps the skin to gain a young, lively, bright, and healthy appearance.
- Pickled red cabbage can be prepared. It can be added to the salad by grating or chopping. You can also consume it raw if you wish.
12) Brussels Sprouts
- Like other types of cabbage, Brussels sprouts, a member of the cruciferous family, is rich in vitamins B1, B6, C, E, and K.
- It also contains folate, beta carotene, fiber, manganese, potassium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, calcium, and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Thanks to the vitamin C it contains, Brussels sprouts support the immune system.
- Vitamin K it strengthens bones.
- It protects cells against cancer.
- It fights inflammation.
- It reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Thanks to the beta carotene in it, it protects eye health.
- It is a nutritious vegetable for the pregnancy process.
- It accelerates the metabolism and supports the weight loss process.
- In order to benefit from all these benefits of Brussels sprouts, you can prepare a salad or make a hot meal.
What Fruits to Eat in November?
- Trabzon Persimmon
- Banana is one of the most consumed fruits this month. Because it contains potassium, it strengthens the immune system.
- Being an antioxidant fruit also makes it loved.
- Banana, which gives a feeling of fullness for a long time, takes its place in diet menus in a measured way.
- You can consume bananas in porridge, in snacks with yogurt.
- Since it contains natural sugar, it does not raise blood sugar, it gives energy to the body.
- You can try many diet recipes using bananas. It is also used to decorate delicious cakes and pastries.
- When November comes, another fruit that takes its place on the counter is tangerine.
- Mandarin is a complete vitamin C store. You can consume it at every meal, as long as you do not miss the measure during the day.
- Antioxidant substances in tangerine take on the role of protection against cancer.
- You can consume the tangerine by peeling it or squeezing its juice.
- It is recommended that children should not be missing from their lunch boxes. It is consumed regularly for a strong immune system.
- Thanks to tangerine, which balances blood flow, blood clotting is also prevented. Thus, tangerine should be consumed to protect against the risk of a heart attack.
- If you are looking for a fruit that balances blood sugar, you should consume grapefruit this month.
- Grapefruit is recommended for those who want to lose weight because it accelerates fat burning.
- Grapefruit, which contains high levels of vitamin C, is a fruit that prevents winter diseases.
- You can drink this fruit more easily in mixed juice.
- Those with slow metabolism and constipation problems can consume a few slices of grapefruit a day.
- Since it is one of the favorite fruits of November, it is recommended to be consumed in its full season.
- Orange, the harbinger of winter, is consumed a lot in this month. It is one of the sweetest times.
- You can use the peel and fruit of the orange in many ways in the kitchen.
- You can dry the shells and consume them with chocolate as a snack.
- You can serve the fruit part of the orange both in natural juice and in fruit plates.
- It is remembered as the first fruit that comes to mind when vitamin C is mentioned.
- You can take care of consuming oranges to strengthen the immune system.
- Persimmon, also known as persimmon, strengthens the body thanks to its fibrous structure.
- It can be given in small amounts to prevent intestinal problems in infants transitioning to solid food.
- You should consume persimmon fresh this month.
- If you have a lot of fruit on hand, you can dry it to eat in the next months.
- Persimmon also contains vitamin C. It beautifies the skin. It prevents constipation problems.
- You can use this delicious fruit in dessert recipes.
- Another favorite fruit of November is the pear.
- Pear is a pulpy and fibrous fruit.
- Pear, which is often recommended in diet meals, is known for accelerating metabolism.
- It is recommended to be consumed with caution, as the sugar content is a little high.
- By consuming pears, you can protect your body from cancer and internal diseases.
- Since pear is a bit of a hard fruit, it is recommended to give it to babies by boiling or grating.
- It has the task of nourishing the skin and strengthening the hair.
- Pumpkin is a powerful fruit in terms of vitamin E and vitamin C.
- It is sold in the aisles both whole and in slices.
- You can make soups, desserts, and purees from pumpkin.
- Those who consume this fruit balance blood flow and control blood pressure.
- The duty of pumpkins to prevent stomach diseases should not be forgotten.
- When consumed regularly in November, it strengthens the body against diseases.
- One of the most powerful ways to protect against winter diseases is to consume pomegranate.
- Pomegranate, which consists of high antioxidant substances, is a fruit that has a detox effect.
- It has the power to prevent liver diseases and control kidney functions.
- By consuming pomegranate, you can help clean the intestines and kidneys.
- The pomegranate itself and the white seed in it support the body to be even healthier.
- When November comes, you can protect your body against various diseases all year long by consuming pomegranate every evening.
- The apple, which is on the shelves every season, will be even more delicious and valuable this month.
- Since it is a more economically suitable fruit, it is frequently consumed in many homes.
- You can consume apples for breakfast and snacks in different recipes.
- It is considered appropriate to give it to babies as puree at the first tasting.
- Vitamin E and vitamin C in apples help the organs to work healthily.
- If you want to consume an antioxidant fruit, you should take care to consume the apple with its peel.