What Can You Do with a Box of Frozen Shrimp Scampi?
Shrimp scampi is a delicious pasta dish that features a simple buttery, garlicky sauce. Frozen shrimp scampi makes it possible to enjoy this restaurant favorite anytime from the comfort of your own home. But did you know that frozen shrimp scampi can be used to prepare a number of other tasty recipes? Here are two examples to get you started:
Shrimp and Veggie Griller Fajitas
If you’re craving something from south of the border, the best and easiest place to start is with a box of frozen shrimp scampi. In minutes, you can have these flavorful fajitas on the table.
1 12-oz package frozen SeaPak® Shrimp Scampi
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red onion, sliced thinly
2 tbsp Chili Powder
2 tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 avocado, sliced
1 lime, quartered
4 corn tortillas
½ cup prepared pico de gallo or salsa
- Prepare the shrimp scampi per package directions and keep warm.
- Heat your grill.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté the peppers, onions, and garlic for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix spices together
- Place cooked shrimp and veggies in a large bowl. Toss with spices to coat evenly.
- Scoop fajita mixture evenly onto four sheets of aluminum foil.
- Form the foil into closed packets and grill for 10-15 minutes.
- Place tortillas on hot grill and warm until brown around the edges.
- Serve with avocado, lime, and pico on the side.
Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Shrimp
This cauliflower rice bowl is simple, healthy, and delicious.
1 12oz box frozen SeaPak Shrimp Scampi
1 head fresh cauliflower
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 15 oz can fire-roasted corn, heated
1 15 oz can black beans, drained, rinsed, and heated
- Make the cauliflower “rice” by cutting the cauliflower into florets and pulsing in food processor in batches until small “rice” forms, about 5-10 seconds.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower rice and stir to coat evenly with oil.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- While the cauliflower rice cooks, sauté the shrimp scampi according to package directions.
- Assemble bowls with cauliflower rice, shrimp, and heated beans and corn.
- Top with other ingredients if you like.
- Serve immediately.