What are the Benefits of Dry Onions?
Dry onion, one of the indispensable vegetables of every cuisine, is consumed raw with dry beans when necessary, as a friend for lahmacun when appropriate, and as an appetizer for fish when appropriate. Onion, which is the main ingredient of almost every juicy dish, draws attention with its healthy content as well as its magnificent aroma that flavors the dishes.
Onion is an important source of vitamins and especially vitamins B, A and C. It is also rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, sulphur, iodine and phosphorus minerals. Due to its sulfur-containing ropanthial-S-oxide content, onion that causes tears has natural antibiotic and natural pain relief properties.
Dry onion is one of the vegetables with almost no calorie content. Vitamins in dried onions protect the body against infections.
What are the Benefits of Dry Onion?
- What good is onion , which has made a name for itself with its taste ? Onion, which strengthens the body’s immune system and increases body resistance, is beneficial for colds. So, does dried onion kill germs? Dried onion is a natural antibiotic, so it is very effective in destroying microbes.
- It protects the body against cancer due to its antioxidant content. Especially the preventive feature of colon cancer is among the benefits of dry onions .
- The expectorant feature comes to the forefront as the benefit of dry onion. Dried onion is also important in the treatment of colds with its preventive effect on nasal congestion.
- When you sleep by putting onions under your feet, you wake up more vigorous and alive the next day. The benefits of dried onions on the feet do not stop there.
- The persistent cough is stopped and the skin is moisturized. You can also try putting onions in your night socks in response to the question of whether onions reduce fever. You will be surprised that your fever has dropped the next day.
- Onion has antiseptic properties. So, does onion make milk? When dried onions are consumed raw by breastfeeding mothers, it can cause gas in the baby. Consuming cooked onions has the effect of increasing breast milk.
What are the Benefits of Dry Onion Juice?
- Until onion benefits of the juice of onion is noteworthy. By accelerating blood circulation, reducing cholesterol and reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases are among the benefits of onion juice. So, how is dry onion juice prepared? Dried onions are sliced and boiled in chlorine-free water for 10 minutes. The water that boils and cools is used by filtering.
- Onion juice has a particularly antiperspirant effect.
- By providing the moisture needed by the skin, it reduces wrinkles and delays the effects of aging.
What are the Benefits of Dry Onion Peel?
- Dry onion peel tea, prepared using dried onion peel, regulates liver functions. It balances high blood pressure by regulating blood pressure.
- It has a sexual power-enhancing effect and when the skin is cleaned with dry onion peel juice, acne and acne on the skin become the cause.
- It strengthens the nervous system and is especially useful for sleep problems.
- The benefits of onion peel are that it reduces tooth and gum problems when mouthwash is made, and that it helps to revitalize and grow hair by nourishing the scalp when the hair is washed.
Does Dry Onion Make You Weak?
Does dry onion, which is included in almost every meal with its benefits, weaken? Dried onion has a thermogenic effect due to the enzymes in it. In other words, the metabolic rate increases with the thermogenic effect, which means an effect that increases body temperature.
Onion, which facilitates the elimination of toxic substances and water accumulated in the body, plays an important role in weight control with these properties. In addition, when consumed raw, it is digested later in the stomach. Providing a feeling of fullness for a long time is among the benefits of eating dry onions raw.
How to Make Dry Onion Cure?
Dry onion cure, which is characterized by drinking a glass of onion juice obtained by boiling the onions with water and filtering the water, before lunch and dinner for 15 days, comes to the fore especially with its menstrual-reducing effect.
Onion cure is recommended by İbrahim Saracoğlu to women with polycystic ovary and uterine fibroids. Onion cure, which is boiled with onion skins, is recommended by Ahmet Maranki, especially for women with uterine cysts and uterine inflammation problems.
There is also an important relationship between onion cure and pregnancy. Those who get pregnant with onion cure state that they use onion cure during spawning periods. Onion cure reduces menstrual pain during menstruation. Onion cure prevents the formation of uterine fibroids and reduces menopausal complaints.
Onion cure also has a reducing effect on skin blemishes. The effectiveness of weight loss diets can be increased with onion cure. It is among the effects of onion cure that it is good for sore throat and chest pain.
What are the Harms of Dry Onion?
Dried onion can increase bleeding and it is beneficial for those with hemorrhoids to consume it carefully, especially because of its aggravating effect on hemorrhoids.
So, does dried onion cause a headache? Excessive consumption of onions increases migraine complaints and can cause headaches. Sulfur compounds found in dried onions can cause poisoning-like effects when consumed excessively.
So, why does dried onion touch the stomach? Some substances in dried onions cannot be digested in the stomach and create a feeling of discomfort. Those with stomach ailments should be especially careful about the consumption of raw onions.
How is Dry Onion Grown?
One of the most frequently asked questions about dried onions is how to grow onions. Dry onion cultivation is done in two ways. The first is the planting of shallots from the onion seed, and the second is the planting of the sprouting onion seedlings in the field.
So, when are onions planted? Dry onion planting differs according to short day onions and long day onions. The best planting date for short day bulbs is between September 10 and October 10. For long-day onions, January and March are the months.
Another question about onion cultivation is the month in which onions are harvested. In 5-6 months after the seeds are planted, the bulbs are large enough to be removed. Our country is a rich country in terms of dried onions. Dry onions are exported to abroad at a high rate.
What are the Dry Onion Types?
Among the people, dry onion varieties are used as summer onions, winter onions, purple onions, red onions and shallots . Mostly green onions in salads, shallots in kebab-style dishes and all other types of onions are used in all kinds of dishes.
Dried onion is widely grown in our country, so it is affordable. The price of dried onions differs according to the yield of the product in that year, where it is purchased and the amount of exportation abroad. Dry onion market prices vary between 1.5 lira and 5 lira per kilogram.
How to Store Dry Onions?
How to store dried onions bought in excess ? When purchased in excess, dried onions, which are generally stored in sacks, should be stored in dark areas that do not receive sunlight, and the most important point to be considered when storing dried onions is not to touch the concrete.
In addition, onion skins can be peeled and placed in refrigerator bags and stored in the deep freezer. If you want to store the onions by slicing, they can be placed in deep freezers in air-vented containers. Dried onions can also be preserved for a long time by drying.
So how do you dry onions? Dried onions are sliced into crescents and laid out on a clean cheesecloth, covered with cheesecloth and left to dry in the shade. The cheesecloths should be changed as they get wet. Another drying method is oven drying. Sliced onions can be dried by laying them on greaseproof paper on a baking tray. You can store the dried onions in a dark glass jar in a dark environment that does not contain moisture.