8 Factors Causing Menstrual Delay
The most important biological event that regulates women’s health is bleeding called “menstruation”. During this menstrual period, the eggs are renewed every month and female hormones are provided. Menstrual bleeding, which is seen since puberty, is experienced on different days in every woman. While some women have regular periods, others experience it irregularly.
What Causes Menstrual Delay?
- age difference
- active life
- Intense sports
- Weight changes
- Chemical drugs
- various diseases
- Thyroid disorders
- Of course, people who experience delays have questions such as whether menstrual delay is normal and what happens if there is a delay in menstruation.
- Menstrual delay can be due to many different reasons, such as menstrual irregularity, if the menstrual delay has been for more than 10 days or if the irregularity has continued for several months, it is useful to consult a specialist.
- Although pregnancy comes to mind first, there can be many different reasons.
- Experts consider delays of up to 5 days quite normal. However, long-term delay may be a sign of some health problems.
- When the causes of menstrual delay are investigated, unpredictable causes emerge.
- In our article, which you will read shortly, there is very valuable information about the causes of menstrual delay.
- In this article, the causes of menstrual delay are examined for you.
- The slightest negligence can invite various health problems.
- “Beware of!” Let us present you the article we prepared about the causes of menstrual delay.
- We say that health is the beginning of everything, we wish you healthy days…
What Causes Menstrual Delay?
1) Age Difference
- Young girls who have just experienced their menstrual period may experience a delay for a while.
- These delays end as soon as the menstrual cycle is regulated and menstrual bleeding occurs on the same days every month.
- Same situation; This also applies to women in the menopausal period.
- In other words, we can say that the first answer to the question of what causes menstrual delay is related to age.
- If delays appear after a certain age in people who have regular menstrual bleeding on normal days; this delay may be a harbinger of menopause.
- Menopause is more likely, especially if the menstrual delay is accompanied by conditions such as hot flashes.
2) Active Life
- The method of calculating the delay in menstruation is by looking at how many days are the process from the first menstruation day to the start of the next menstruation. On average, women menstruate between 28-32 days.
- If you have a very active and irregular life, for example, if you are a frequent traveler; your body may be powerless against these changing weather and climatic conditions.
- In regions where night and daytime hours change, there may be a delay in menstruation as the balance of hormones will be disturbed on days when sleep patterns are disturbed.
- Menstrual delay can also be seen with less blood flow.
3) Intense Sports
- If you see sports as the most important point of your life, menstrual delays may occur.
- If the amount of calories you take is burned suddenly with intense sports, this will also affect your hormones.
- What we tell you, do not neglect to eat protein and vitamin-based nutrition after sports.
- The most important way to protect the immune system and hormones; It is possible with a healthy diet.
4) Weight Changes
- If you have gained weight or lost weight suddenly in a short time, this will affect your menstrual cycle just like any other reason.
- Menstrual delay is common in people with eating disorders.
- In numbers outside the body mass index, menstrual delays are experienced because the hormones will lose their balance.
5) Intensive Drug Use
- Usually the side effect of drugs is delayed menstruation.
- If there is a change in the dose of a drug you use regularly, this change will affect the menstrual day.
- If you say how many days the menstrual delay will be, it may vary according to this drug and your body.
- Unconscious use of birth control pills may also be the cause of delay in menstruation.
- In order to avoid this delay; A doctor’s approval is required for each drug used.
- Menstrual delay can also be seen in the use of antibiotics.
6) Various Diseases
- If the expected menstrual bleeding does not come, it will be useful to remember what you have experienced in the last days.
- Since the stress, flu, and infections experienced during the ovulation period will affect your body, menstruation may be delayed.
- In order for the menstrual cycle not to change, you should maintain your body resistance by eating a healthy diet.
- In case of infectious diseases such as flu, a diet rich in vitamins will be good for your health.
- In addition, diseases related to the vaginal or genital area and excretory system can also cause discomfort such as delayed menstruation and white discharge or discharge of different colors, burning, itching.
- Stress is the most common cause of menstrual delays.
- Just as stress is the cause of every disease, it is also a factor that changes the menstrual cycle.
- It is a common complaint that women who go through a stressful period experience menstrual delay.
- In the body of women who are in a tense and stressful period, the ovulation hormone cannot function for a while.
- Since there is no ovulation, the menstrual bleeding comes late.
- You should always feel happy and peaceful in order to keep your menstrual cycle in balance.
- When you stress even the slightest problem, the brain programs itself and tires the body.
- As a result of this situation, side effects such as delayed menstruation, acne and bloating are seen. Peace is everything!
8) Thyroid Disorders
- The thyroid gland regulates the body’s metabolism.
- A problem with the functioning of the thyroid glands will affect your entire body.
- This problem is not something to be afraid of.
- Because it is treated with drugs and the patient regains his health in a short time.
- In this type of diseases, the delay of menstruation can be even for a month, and there may even be situations such as discontinuation of menstruation.
- When you start treatment, the problem of delayed menstruation will disappear soon.